CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

I can't believe that.  Why would they email me unannounced and ask for my bank details and yet tell you that for security reasons, it's a cheque.  Beggars belief.

Exactly same with me.

The guest relations reps say cheque on their emails but the team leader says Bacs and she makes the decision.

30 minutes ago, Happy afloat said:

Hi, first post on here but been following this thread since the start, and have shared the frustrations of all.

My wife and I were booked on Azura, sailing the med, beginning 3rd May. This of course was cancelled in the second wave on 31st March, at which point we requested a refund. This was acknowledged by email, telling me that We would receive a cancellation email quoting an incorrect refund amount but to ignore this as the refund would be for the full amount.

We've been on tenterhooks since, as have we all, unsure of weather to chase them or let it run its course. We decided on the latter, and today received our refund paid directly to bank account! Only 50 days......the relief! 

Good luck and best wishes to those still waiting 

Well done.

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Ring P&O and tell them to escalate your refund as it is day 66 and Paul Ludlow said up to 60 days.

Or  Email sarah.wing@carnivalukgroup.com and ask her to escalate your refund saying it is day 66 and Paul Ludlow said up to 60 days.

If you don't get a reply email again around 5pm and be polite.

Thanks for your reply. They normally reply after 48 hours.  I will just hang on tomorrow and see if they can give me a rough time when the payment will be despatched. If that isn't satisfactory, I'll email your contact.

Always polite...to the point of grovelling!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, alpha whiskey said:

Thanks for your reply. They normally reply after 48 hours.  I will just hang on tomorrow and see if they can give me a rough time when the payment will be despatched. If that isn't satisfactory, I'll email your contact.

Always polite...to the point of grovelling!

You have waited long enough at 66 days and been very patient.

Ring at 9.15 on the 08000523840 number as the 0345 number gets cut off often at 5 minutes.

Email in the morning and if you don't get a reply email again late afternoon and say.

Sorry to bother you but at day 66 I have been patient but.

You need to be pro active now.

Edited by grapau27

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Oh Snow Hill, you have days to go yet.  I got my refund today.  Day 69.

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Oh Snow Hill, you have days to go yet.  I got my refund today.  Day 69.

Our son is a lawyer, so if it hasn’t arrived by Day 60, we will set the legal wheels in motion. 

Edited by Snow Hill

4 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

M

Our son is a lawyer, so if it hasn’t arrived by Day 60, we will set the legal wheels in motion. 

Ring tomorrow and ask to be escalated.

Sarah the team leader whose email Jean and I have posted is the person who has the authority to get the refunds done.

2 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

To add to the current confusion, people still paying for August holidays have been given extra OBC, which was similarly offered, then taken away for cruises from March to July, whereas September onwards this does not apply. 

I wonder whether that's just a way of buttering people up before the inevitable cancellation. A vain attempt to distract and soften the blow of the unnecessarily delayed refund.

We too were offered extra OBC in order to not cancel our April & May cruises.  Meaningless when the cruise doesn't go ahead.

3 hours ago, Lpppsp said:

So I have followed this thread all the way through, but not posted.

We were due to sail not 19th April on Britannia which was cancelled on 30th March, I filled in the refund form online that day. 

I didn’t contact them at all since then.  Low and behold have just checked credit card and refund has arrived today with a posting date of 18 May.  Delighted to get it back.

Hope everyone waiting has a good outcome soon 😀

And we should have been on Arcadia on April 12th, applied for a refund on March 30th and have had nothing. 

The whole process is a shambles.

1 hour ago, Happy afloat said:

Hi, first post on here but been following this thread since the start, and have shared the frustrations of all.

My wife and I were booked on Azura, sailing the med, beginning 3rd May. This of course was cancelled in the second wave on 31st March, at which point we requested a refund. This was acknowledged by email, telling me that We would receive a cancellation email quoting an incorrect refund amount but to ignore this as the refund would be for the full amount.

We've been on tenterhooks since, as have we all, unsure of weather to chase them or let it run its course. We decided on the latter, and today received our refund paid directly to bank account! Only 50 days......the relief! 

Good luck and best wishes to those still waiting 

Well done, but unbelievable!  How do P&O decide what order people get refunds  - well, they don't decide at all!

If there was ever a reason for me not to book another cruise with P&O,  some of the previous posts have made my mind up for me.

Individuals are having to email, phone, and beg to get a refund after more than 60 days, whereas others (and I'm happy for you) get refunds in less than 50 days. The whole system is a shambles, with no.logic as to how refunds are paid. If Paul Ludlow was in charge of a brewery, he could not organise an afternoon tea!

• Like 2

I was also supposed to be on the 12th April one  wowzz and asked for a refund the same day they cancelled it , happy that some are getting their refunds but wished they would do it in cruise date order then we would all know what's going on 

Congratulations to all that have received your refund. 
Thank you to all for all the information on contacting P&O. I have chosen to email as living in Canada has it challenges with the time difference for making a phone call. 

I am still waiting for my refund which I asked for on March 18th for a sailing leaving Malta on April 2nd. Getting very annoyed by all the promotional emails I’m getting trying to entice me to sail with P&O. This was to be our first cruise with P&O and at the moment have no intentions of sailing with them in the future. 
After reading posts from a few people that they asked for a refund after I did and sailing date was after mine I have decided to send yet another email. 
I had emailed Helen Lamb with no reply. Emailed Sarah Wing and just got a generic email from Paul Ludlow that I think several of you have also received. Well today is day 63 so I have emailed Sarah again and asked for my claim to be escalated. Keeping my fingers crossed that I’ll hear back with a positive outcome. 

I will let you know if I hear. 

Jenni 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I wonder whether that's just a way of buttering people up before the inevitable cancellation. A vain attempt to distract and soften the blow of the unnecessarily delayed refund.

We too were offered extra OBC in order to not cancel our April & May cruises.  Meaningless when the cruise doesn't go ahead.

I agree, all part of the smokescreen. Gives them the opportunity to boast about good customer relations even as that relationship falls apart.

Love the P&O brand and the staff when I've booked direct have been great, but there's something wrong at management level

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Ahem. Mine was 45 days, or even 40 if you count it from the date that I received the cancellation invoice. Booked direct with P&O. 😉

Selbourne,  it looks like we were the exception rather than the rule😔

Hopefully there will be more happy postings today.....

10 hours ago, alpha whiskey said:

Hi

I am in the same position as you.

I did send an email asking if Bacs would be possible but unfortunately for security reasons it has to be a cheque. 🤔

Does conflict with some other posts on here.

Anyway, I emailed back saying fair enough,  but added the four letter word WHEN?!

Day 66 tomorrow. ....

They told me that I would get a cheque but then they asked for my bank details so that they could do a BACS transfer, I have seen a number of other posters saying the same thing so don't be surprised if they change their minds about the cheque.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Happy afloat said:

Selbourne,  it looks like we were the exception rather than the rule😔

Hopefully there will be more happy postings today.....

Most definitely. Mine arrived quicker for one of two reasons. Both refunds were for the Iona Maiden Cruise, which may have had a degree of priority (as some others have been refunded for that cruise). Alternatively, I sent an email enquiring as to when I could expect the refunds and mentioned that I was a regular poster on Cruise Critic. I received a reply within hours and my refunds were processed as a priority. Quite a few posters have recently stated that they have been told that there is an ‘escalation’ route, but it’s a mystery as to why some on here have been chasing yet not been ‘escalated’ or why some (albeit only a handful so far, it seems) have not chased at all but received their refund earlier than most! I can only assume that whether or not you get on the escalation route depends on who deals with your email / phone call?

Either way, it’s a funny old world we now live in where it’s a source of celebration when a formerly reputable company refunds its customers ‘only’ a month or two later than its legal requirement to do so!

Edited by Selbourne
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Ahem. Mine was 45 days, or even 40 if you count it from the date that I received the cancellation invoice. Booked direct with P&O. 😉

Yeah, yeah, rub it in why don't you... 😊

Day 456 in the Big Brother house... 

Well that's what it feels like. 

At least I have something else to worry about instead of that cold that is going around.. 😊😊

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

However on the second part, I wonder if Paul Ludlow is just the face of P&O UK.

Titled position but no control.

At the end of the day companies over this side of the pond, have a Chairman, not exactly a hands on position but do give guidance when necessary and are the face of the organisation.

Then you have a Managing Director, who's roll is to dictate to the Departmental Directors, who report to him and to make sure that the companies wishes and dictates are carried out, albeit sometimes after board room agreement.

I think Paul is in the position to protect the MD, well paid to take the stick!

I looked it up.

President, P&O Cruises

Nov 2018 – Present1 year 7 months

Southampton, United Kingdom

Accountable for the activity and performance of the business, the end-to-end guest experience and formulation of future strategies.

7 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Yeah, yeah, rub it in why don't you... 😊

Day 456 in the Big Brother house... 

Well that's what it feels like. 

At least I have something else to worry about instead of that cold that is going around.. 😊😊

Andy 

I suspect that you have just been very unlucky - I know, I bet you're shouting 'You think ......?'.  After following this entire thread, it does appear that there is little rhyme nor reason to the way the refunds are coming through - one thing on which I think we can all agree is that it has been badly handled.  I'm sure we'll be celebrating with you any day now 🤞🥂

• Like 1

Excursion money in the bank this morning only 4 days after them telling us it would be 5 days just can’t work out now whether this is from the email telling us they’d refund automatically on the 16th March or the claim form I filled in on the 5th May after being told to do so by one of their staff on Twitter  answers on a postcard please. Only 3 cruises  and another excursion to go if they won’t let us use them as FCC without upgrading 

Edited by Manx buoy
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I suspect that you have just been very unlucky - I know, I bet you're shouting 'You think ......?'.  After following this entire thread, it does appear that there is little rhyme nor reason to the way the refunds are coming through - one thing on which I think we can all agree is that it has been badly handled.  I'm sure we'll be celebrating with you any day now 🤞🥂

I'm quite calm really, have given up trying to understand P&O or second guess when it will arrive... 

We seem to take one step forward and 2 back, so Que Sera or however you spell it.. 

Andy 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

Most definitely. Mine arrived quicker for one of two reasons. Both refunds were for the Iona Maiden Cruise, which may have had a degree of priority (as some others have been refunded for that cruise). Alternatively, I sent an email enquiring as to when I could expect the refunds and mentioned that I was a regular poster on Cruise Critic. I received a reply within hours and my refunds were processed as a priority. Quite a few posters have recently stated that they have been told that there is an ‘escalation’ route, but it’s a mystery as to why some on here have been chasing yet not been ‘escalated’ or why some (albeit only a handful so far, it seems) have not chased at all but received their refund earlier than most! I can only assume that whether or not you get on the escalation route depends on who deals with your email / phone call?

Either way, it’s a funny old world we now live in where it’s a source of celebration when a formerly reputable company refunds its customers ‘only’ a month or two later than its legal requirement to do so!

Your post comes across very smug to me. Quoting one of two reasons. That's rubbish, you got lucky.

Read all the posts , dates of cancellation and cruise, then date of refund. They are all over the place, which is why most are so unhappy. If they were working through the refunds in cancellation date order it would be fair and customers would understand.