Price Dropped after Final Payment

We are booked on Oasis 7/4/20. I feel it's a 50/50 toss right now if this cruise will happen. Our final payment was due last week, and of course I look today and for the same cabin, it's gone down $700. I feel prices will only continue to drop as well. What can I do? Do I cancel and take the FCC, and if things turn for the better, book last minute again? Or just wait it out, stuck at the price I paid?

1 hour ago, m12e31g said:

Do I cancel and take the FCC, and if things turn for the better, book last minute again?

I'd wait till closer to sailing - if RCI cancels, it will be further out than the 2 days that is available under cruise with confidence.. Especially for Oasis, don't book outside of final payment.

1 hour ago, m12e31g said:

We are booked on Oasis 7/4/20. I feel it's a 50/50 toss right now if this cruise will happen. Our final payment was due last week, and of course I look today and for the same cabin, it's gone down $700. I feel prices will only continue to drop as well. What can I do? Do I cancel and take the FCC, and if things turn for the better, book last minute again? Or just wait it out, stuck at the price I paid?

The odds of that cruise happening is less than 1%

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

If you cancel and take the FCC you cannot use it to book the same sailing.

What exactly does this mean. I've read it before.

If I have 2 cancelled liberty cruises, I cant apply to a liberty cruise next year?

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

What exactly does this mean. I've read it before.

If I have 2 cancelled liberty cruises, I cant apply to a liberty cruise next year?

You can't apply the FCC to the same EXACT cruise(same ship and date)  that the certificate is for.  There were people that were going to cancel their cruise and then re book the exact same cruise since it was cheaper and they wanted to use the FCC on it.

Edited by molly361

52 minutes ago, CounselingWithChris said:

Source?

The fact that in the US alone, deaths from Covid19 just exceeded 1,000 PER DAY.

Do you REALLY think this is all going to just blow away in the wind in less than three months?

7 hours ago, teecee60 said:

Do you REALLY think this is all going to just blow away in the wind in less than three months?

Three months from now Coronavirus will be on the back burner, saving the economy will be job 1.  Three months ago Corona was just a beer. 

• Like 2

I cannot see cruising anytime soon - while keeping the staff and passengers safe. The virus is going to be around for a while and the people who are most vulnerable will have to stay in for many week/months to come. I have a late August cruise on oasis but don’t see any scenario where it’s sails. If they start sailing In July or early August, I believe we will have many ships with infected staff and passengers shortly after. There are still staff members being taken off ships for medical treatment and there have been no cruises in 4 weeks. The problem is much bigger than a quick fix!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

19 hours ago, teecee60 said:

Absolutely! They're already testing vaccines, which is what will get life back to normal. A vaccine has not been mentioned once in this thread. Do you REALLY think this will never go away?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rusty nut said:

Absolutely! They're already testing vaccines, which is what will get life back to normal. A vaccine has not been mentioned once in this thread. Do you REALLY think this will never go away?

A vaccine is at least a year away.  This virus is going nowhere in the near future.

• Like 2

I wasn't looking to start a debate on when cruises will resume, we're all just guessing at this point. In my mind it's 50/50. I was just curious if things take a positive spin and this happens, what my options were. Looks like I hope it gets cancelled and rebook for the fall or next summer.

7 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

Its based on the current scientific facts and the history of vaccines, not fortune telling.

As has been seen during the current epidemic, history (and future cast from just weeks ago) may not be quite the way the current situation will evolve.

16 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

As has been seen during the current epidemic, history (and future cast from just weeks ago) may not be quite the way the current situation will evolve.

The virus is behaving almost exactly as it was predicted at present.  Not I agree as it was predicted by some in your country but to a degree certain people were in denial it was going to be the problem it has turned out to be.  Vaccines used to take years to develop, this one will be quicker thank goodness.  However its still a slow process.  There is no point in creating a vaccine that is only 80% sucessful.  Most childhood vaccines are 85%- 99% effective.  Not only does it have to work, t has to be safe for people to take.  Then they have to make  billions of doses and find a way to actually give it to people.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

That ^ site is used by many and has very good current and historical info - its prognosis has been quite "off" from just a week ago. 

Its a source which has been found to be very wrong by UK scientists with regards to the UK picture.

Ferguson said he did not think the predictions could be relied on. “This model does not match the current UK situation,” he said, adding that the numbers used by the IHME were at least twice as high as they should be for current bed usage and deaths in the NHS. “Basically, their healthcare demand model is wrong, at least for the UK,” he said.

4 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

Ferguson said he did not think the predictions could be relied on.

18 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

The virus is behaving almost exactly as it was predicted at present.  

Exactly my point - this is even worse than some weather prediction models.

Just now, Biker19 said:

Exactly my point - this is even worse than some weather prediction models.

I stand by my point it behaving exactly as the predictions made by the UK government scientists. I am now bowing out of this as there is enough virus stuff around without me adding to it.  I look foward to the day I wake up and this is becomes part of history.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

That ^ site is used by many and has very good current and historical info - its prognosis has been quite "off" from just a week ago. 

Exactly. I scratched my head when they said deaths thru may forecast for 100k to 240k. I was like has to be over 2k a day? Those numbers are obviously wrong. Or ny needed 30k respirators.. certainly they need a lot, but not as many as he asked for. 

If you get the numbers that much off, it becomes a little like people tune out the so called experts.

If I hear one more time there are enough testing units I'll throw something at the tv. Results from testing here taking 4 or 5 days. Quest lab is 80k behind. So they wouldnt do more testing a day, because labs cant process. Testing is a problem, quit the semantics.

I'm starting to worry not just cruises but nothing will be normal again.

Hope getting fcc and rebooking is a gamble that wouldn't come back and bite me.

1 hour ago, Dinglebert said:

Its based on the current scientific facts and the history of vacinnes, not fortune telling.

Trying to predict the future based on previous events is a fools game. The past is not prologue, you would still need a crystal ball.