Received FCC not a refund

Just got an email from RCI with a FCC for my canceled March 14 cruise.

Dear Guest,

As promised, below is your 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) to plan another cruise vacation with us. We appreciate your understanding during this very fluid situation, and we hope you'll use this credit to sail with us again soon!

The problem is I filled out the form from my Big Box TA saying I wanted a refund!  How many hours to fix this?  GRRRRRR...

6 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

Dear Guest,

As promised, below is your 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) to plan another cruise vacation with us. We appreciate your understanding during this very fluid situation, and we hope you'll use this credit to sail with us again soon!

The problem is I filled out the form from my Big Box TA saying I wanted a refund!  How many hours to fix this?  GRRRRRR...

Oh boy. If you are not working from home at this time, now you will be.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

Dear Guest,

From 5 - 7 hours😇 That's  if you are lucky

Very FAST.  I even changed a cruise with an itinerary change and got back my FCC used to pay for it.  Must be used by October, downside.  But let's see what happens.

To be clear I kept the 1 FCC of the 4 cruises.  All total not bad.

Whew!

• Like 3

Did you get a return on your taxes / fees / any prepaid gratuities? Just trying to see when I might get those back compared to others (these are for the cruises they canceled but you got the FCC for.) 

19 hours ago, nivek82 said:

Did you get a return on your taxes / fees / any prepaid gratuities? Just trying to see when I might get those back compared to others (these are for the cruises they canceled but you got the FCC for.) 

No fees or port charges yet.  Didn't have anything prepaid.

I’ve got payment dates coming up for cruises that were a bargain.

I m worried about being in this situation because all the prices on future cruises are through the roof. Like 3 times what we have booked.

I don’t know if I will just let them lapseand loose the deposit?

23 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I’ve got payment dates coming up for cruises that were a bargain.

I m worried about being in this situation because all the prices on future cruises are through the roof. Like 3 times what we have booked.

I don’t know if I will just let them lapseand loose the deposit?

If payment dates are coming up soon then wouldn't you just use the 'Cruise With Confidence' offer and at least have the deposits as a FCC? (or maybe I'm not understanding something about the policy?)

At least then there's a chance you will be able to use the $$ towards a cruise in the next 18mths - hopefully prices will come down to something a little more reasonable - surely : )

It's not a refund but at least it's something.

We have a cruise booked on Ovation from Hon to Syd which we will not be taking.  My husband is not comfortable going.  I have cancelled the airfares - took a big hit with the cancellation fee from Virgin but I wasn't interested in a credit with them (if they even extend their current policy past June or July) as I don't think we'll be looking at a cruise like this in the near future so took what money I could get : (

I've not cancelled with R.C. yet as we only paid $100 p/p deposit (3 people) and we're outside the 1st Sept 'Cruise With Confidence' offer period so I'll just wait and see if it gets extended.  As I understand, for us currently it would be a $100 p/p cancellation fee anyway so nothing to be gained by cancelling now.

My son and I (and a friend and her daughter) were on one of the cancelled Quantum cruises out of Singapore and are still waiting for a refund.  I'm waiting on refunds totalling about 10K between that and cruise planner purchases I cancelled on Ovation - it's been weeks and I'm getting a bit nervous but just trying to be patient  : (

3 hours ago, BecAus said:

If payment dates are coming up soon then wouldn't you just use the 'Cruise With Confidence' offer and at least have the deposits as a FCC? (or maybe I'm not understanding something about the policy?)

At least then there's a chance you will be able to use the $$ towards a cruise in the next 18mths - hopefully prices will come down to something a little more reasonable - surely : )

It's not a refund but at least it's something.

We have a cruise booked on Ovation from Hon to Syd which we will not be taking.  My husband is not comfortable going.  I have cancelled the airfares - took a big hit with the cancellation fee from Virgin but I wasn't interested in a credit with them (if they even extend their current policy past June or July) as I don't think we'll be looking at a cruise like this in the near future so took what money I could get : (

I've not cancelled with R.C. yet as we only paid $100 p/p deposit (3 people) and we're outside the 1st Sept 'Cruise With Confidence' offer period so I'll just wait and see if it gets extended.  As I understand, for us currently it would be a $100 p/p cancellation fee anyway so nothing to be gained by cancelling now.

My son and I (and a friend and her daughter) were on one of the cancelled Quantum cruises out of Singapore and are still waiting for a refund.  I'm waiting on refunds totalling about 10K between that and cruise planner purchases I cancelled on Ovation - it's been weeks and I'm getting a bit nervous but just trying to be patient  : (

What I’m concerned about is the Future Cruise Credit doesn’t have the buying power with the advertised prices.

We have Grand suites booked and if we roll over to a future cruise we can only get a balcony.

• Like 1

Yeah, fair enough - it sucks doesn't it.

I have no intention of making our final payment in mid-July for our September TP, it's 10K and there's no way I'm handing that over with all the current uncertainty.  I'm hoping they extend the 'Cruise With Confidence' past Sept 1 before then and I'll take the $300 as a FCC but if not we'll just have to lose it.

I haven't been looking too much at any future cruises yet as my husband's not keen for the foreseeable so we'll just wait and see.

Best wishes for whatever you decide to do!

Currently booked on two cruises, one at the end of June and another at the end of August.  Currently have paid in full on the first cruise and have refundable deposits on the second cruise which has a final payment date of June 1.  If we wait until RCI cancels our first cruise, which I assume will be early June, can I ask for the FCC and then apply those funds once I receive them in July to apply towards the August cruise and then get my final payment refunded back to my credit card when I pay it on June 1?  This way I would still have the extra 25% of the FCC out there if we decide to re-book our Bermuda cruise for next year. 

Edited by SNJCruisers

6 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Currently booked on two cruises, one at the end of June and another at the end of August.  Currently have paid in full on the first cruise and have refundable deposits on the second cruise which has a final payment date of June 1.  If we wait until RCI cancels our first cruise, which I assume will be early June, can I ask for the FCC and then apply those funds once I receive them in July to apply towards the August cruise and then get my final payment refunded back to my credit card when I pay it on June 1?  This way I would still have the extra 25% of the FCC out there if we decide to re-book our Bermuda cruise for next year. 

It is my understanding that it can be used on an existing booking but it can’t be one that is paid in full. 

things change daily so this may not be accurate.