New Azamara survey just received

combine

Just received an email with a link to a (new?) survey.

Well ,I having nothing much else to be doing at the moment on lockdown so I thought it could pass a few minutes! 

Sadly question 4 is asking our annual household income and it wont let me skip through this.

I really have no desire to give that information, so I made it up and then Q5 asks me my net worth from $499,999 up to over $5,000,000.!
I think this is where I bale out, anyone else bothering to go further?

06DC3C33-733B-4C15-B3A0-89F07D49AE08.jpeg

3D8FAEFE-C1C2-48DC-8CF5-0AB7995F317D.jpeg

• Like 2

I also saw many questions that had you could not answer with a logical response. I really wonder who writes these. It just makes them look unprofessional. Someone should proof read the survey. 

Edited by john1970
missed a word
  • Like 3

Likewise received the questionnaire, not happy with intrusive personal questions without an opt out, our personal finances are not something Azamara should be enquiring about so we did not complete the survey.

• Like 1

I have no qualms about giving my household income or worth. Azamara and Survey Monkey aren’t the IRS, so no one will be checking my honesty and no one reading the survey has any interest in me personally. The results are aggregated and useful to any business in future planning. We should all claim to have the lowest income/worth listed (which may be true, currently!) in the hope that cruise prices will be adjusted accordingly!

• Like 1

I completed the survey but I was upset about asking my net worth and income.  So, I lied.  Not sure why either is relevant to the survey. If I have a higher net worth  am I more  likely to travel  in 3 months?  Seriously?  I think they are trying to figure out if people will cruise and how long that will take.  Lots of questions if u have current cruises booked and your feelings.  They should have given us an option to decline net worth and income, though.  

Somewhere, there’s an actuary with a sharp pencil, ready to tell Azamara that their target customer I.e. those who are interested in cruising with them in 6 or 12 months, has a certain income or net worth and people in that income bracket typically spend a particular percentage on travel. That gives them some idea what they can charge and if they can afford to cater to that customer. At least that’s my totally naive conjecture. I know they aren’t attaching my answers to my email address, so not targeting me personally, so why should I care? 
Melissa

17 minutes ago, Melissaghoti said:

Somewhere, there’s an actuary with a sharp pencil, ready to tell Azamara that their target customer I.e. those who are interested in cruising with them in 6 or 12 months, has a certain income or net worth and people in that income bracket typically spend a particular percentage on travel. That gives them some idea what they can charge and if they can afford to cater to that customer. At least that’s my totally naive conjecture. I know they aren’t attaching my answers to my email address, so not targeting me personally, so why should I care? 
Melissa

They know who we are, because we have received this survey directly. It is enough what they know about me. I do not want to tell them how much I earn and how do I spend my money. 

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I just lied about income and net worth because I was curious about the survey. Agree there should have been an opt out though.

Me too that’s exactly what I did 

Survey was poorly constructed. After I said that I didn’t want to visit any of the ports, it wouldn’t let me proceed unless I numbered the order of the ports that were listed that I wanted to visit. Azamara wasted their money. Last week I got an email stating that anyone 70+ could not sail without a doctor’s certification. That ends my sailing on Azamara. So why ask where, when, etc that I want to cruise.  Logic says, if I want to cruise, forget Azamara.  Loyalty program has come full Azamara Circle.  No more cruising on any RCL product.

I have just completed the survey.

Wondering whether it has been amended, as I had an option "prefer not to answer" on the money questions.

Like Redtravel, I found the necessity to tick all the boxes after indicating no interest in certain destinations quite ridiculous!

I would have liked to chose more than one length of cruise, but no, only allowed one, so not an accurate description of our preferences for length of cruise, as we do have more than one. The question prior to that one also reflects on the length of cruise, as fairly obviously a longer cruise will cost more (usually).

8 hours ago, combine said:

Just received an email with a link to a (new?) survey.

Well ,I having nothing much else to be doing at the moment on lockdown so I thought it could pass a few minutes! 

Sadly question 4 is asking our annual household income and it wont let me skip through this.

I really have no desire to give that information, so I made it up and then Q5 asks me my net worth from $499,999 up to over $5,000,000.!
I think this is where I bale out, anyone else bothering to go further?

06DC3C33-733B-4C15-B3A0-89F07D49AE08.jpeg

3D8FAEFE-C1C2-48DC-8CF5-0AB7995F317D.jpeg

I received it too.  In regards to income and net worth, there is an option to "prefer not to say". 

Edited by DRJVH

15 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

I have just completed the survey.

Wondering whether it has been amended, as I had an option "prefer not to answer" on the money questions.

Like Redtravel, I found the necessity to tick all the boxes after indicating no interest in certain destinations quite ridiculous!

I would have liked to chose more than one length of cruise, but no, only allowed one, so not an accurate description of our preferences for length of cruise, as we do have more than one. The question prior to that one also reflects on the length of cruise, as fairly obviously a longer cruise will cost more (usually).

I had 3 options to choose from on the length of the cruise and also had the option "prefer not to answer" 

Edited by DRJVH

Well, well well! Following my original post 11 hours ago, it seems that there is now the option ‘I prefer not to answer’ on Q 4 and 5

Being that I have some time on my hands right now, I may see how much further I can get on the survey.

Thanks to those of you who mentioned the change.

Such a shame no one thought of that before launching it.  I’m fed up of suggesting they should test these surveys on a sample of users before they use them - standard good practice.  I give up! 

Do they realise the outputs from many are garbage as I did not want to include all the ports in the ranking etc.  I wanted to say I won’t be cruising after September with the current requirements as DH will be over 70.  It seems to me from one of the questions about enhanced pre boarding checks this letter is being considered a permanent option. 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

Just now, uktog said:

Such a shame no one thought of that before launching it.  I’m fed up of suggesting they should test these surveys on a sample of users before they use them - standard good practice.  Do they realise the outputs from many are garbage as I did not want to include all the ports in the ranking etc.  I wanted to say I won’t be cruising after September with the current requirements as DH will be over 70.  It seems to me from one of the questions about enhanced pre boarding checks this letter is being considered a permanent option. 

If it does remain a permanent requirement, we will not be cruising either as we are both well over 70 and my DH has chronic bronchitis, so there’s no way a doctor would sign the current letter.