Prepaid drinks package converted into future OBC?

I think I read somewhere that if your cruise is cancelled you can either have any prepaid items like shore excursions, drinks and food packages and internet packages either refunded in full or kept as a future OBC with 125% value as well, just like the FCC.

If that's the case, do you just leave those prepaid items in your booking and they will automatically convert them into an OBC for your next cruise or do you have to tell them if you want your money returned or kept as OBC?

Unfortunately, I cancelled my drinks package as soon as I heard that our cruise had been cancelled and received a refund on my credit card just 3 days later. I only learned later about the possibility to have it moved to another booking with added value. But asking for a friend who still has his packages active.

1 hour ago, Brandis said:

I think I read somewhere that if your cruise is cancelled you can either have any prepaid items like shore excursions, drinks and food packages and internet packages either refunded in full or kept as a future OBC with 125% value as well, just like the FCC.

If that's the case, do you just leave those prepaid items in your booking and they will automatically convert them into an OBC for your next cruise or do you have to tell them if you want your money returned or kept as OBC?

Unfortunately, I cancelled my drinks package as soon as I heard that our cruise had been cancelled and received a refund on my credit card just 3 days later. I only learned later about the possibility to have it moved to another booking with added value. But asking for a friend who still has his packages active.

This applied to the second round of cancellations.  I believe people had to reply to the  mail that was sent with the offer by April 8th to take advantage of the offer. 

If you purchased Cruise Planner Items:

• You can opt-in to receive an Onboard Credit in the value of 125% of the total Cruise Planner purchases on your reservation.

Click here to request your higher value credit. You can only take advantage of this offer through April 8th, 2020.

• If we don’t hear from you on or before April 8th, 2020, your Cruise Planner purchases will be automatically refunded.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

32 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Can you share the material where "you read" that you can get 125% credit for Drink packages?

The post right before yours is the official RCI announcement, though this issue will be moot after today.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 8:50 AM, matj2000 said:

Can you share the material where "you read" that you can get 125% credit for Drink packages?

Also, 

Why doesn't your "friend" with the drink package ask this question himself?

Not everyone wants to join Cruise Critic to ask just one question.

Friends of mine know I am a big cruise fanatic, so they will come to me and ask me question(s).  If I now the answer I immediately answer them.  If I don't I come here and ask the question(s) on their behalf.

• Like 2