Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

This form letter is just ridiculous.    Sad to say, but there are many deaths from covid 19 with people in various ages.   Alot of middle aged healthy men too.     

This letter states for 70 and older only.     What about people younger than 70 with diabetes or other diseases?    

 

Again, I am just going to remain hopeful that we have a vaccine for this virus in the very near future.

 

Or maybe we will all have to take the 15 minute antibody test (RapCov) before boarding cruise ship.   

Numbers are still a lot lower under 70 than over.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

The only people getting FCC’s are people who chose not to buy cancel for any reason insurance, or who live in New York and couldn’t buy it, or who were excited about the extra 25% they were getting and chose that over the cash refund. Am I leaving anyone out? 

???  I do not live in NY and I had travel insurance (which does not protect anyone during a pandemic) and they are giving me a FCC for 2 cancelled cruises (so far).   More booked cruises to see what happens with this requirement and the virus.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had three cruises book on RCCL this year. I’m 75 and cannot get a doctors note due to guidelines. I received a not letting me know I have FCC for two thirds of what I paid. If yo wont let me board and changed the rules I would like a full refund. (Diamond +)

So much for loyalty. 
I had a cruise booked in November and my insurance company canceled my policy. Wonder if I can ever get back on a cruise and have insurance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Jam0610 said:

I would think you will see a release requirement for everyone. Easy way for the Cruise Lines to treat all age groups th

B333D524-13D6-4BFF-BC21-EA09FE393193.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, karena1 said:

really, sign me up!  I think the doctor's note is stupid.  People a lot younger have way more issues than some older people.


Just thinking out loud... it’s the replacement Dr’s note for Comfort Pets. 

 

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

Funny idea.  On NCL one of the rules specifically says no selling of next cruise certificates.  Lucky me got my two sold before that rule was enforced.


I never even knew about that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MommaBear55 said:

We sign that people are allowed to participate in sports, attend work or school, go to camp, drive tractor trailers. I don't see a whole lot of difference. 

I see a huge difference 😳

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure this rule will be challenged in court as soon as practical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's just another way for Rcl to do away the rewards. How many 70+ are Diamond, Diamond+ or Pinnacle. Easiest way

to cut all the rewards is by making it harder to get to receive them? Just a thought...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Someone may have said this already, maybe I missed it, but what stopping someone (not a real Dr.)  from just signing the document and providing a phony registration  number ?  Are they really checking it with anyone before you board? 

Edited by CTCruiser76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, scot1314 said:

I think it's just another way for Rcl to do away the rewards. How many 70+ are Diamond, Diamond+ or Pinnacle. Easiest way

to cut all the rewards is by making it harder to get to receive them? Just a thought...

My Magic 8 Ball says, "very doubtful". 🎱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

???  I do not live in NY and I had travel insurance (which does not protect anyone during a pandemic) and they are giving me a FCC for 2 cancelled cruises (so far).   More booked cruises to see what happens with this requirement and the virus.    

 

If they cancelled, you had the opportunity for a full refund from what I understand.  Didn't you choose the 125% FCC🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With this new 70s policy it looks as tho Royal wants to make more room in the Diamond lounge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

???  I do not live in NY and I had travel insurance (which does not protect anyone during a pandemic) and they are giving me a FCC for 2 cancelled cruises (so far).   More booked cruises to see what happens with this requirement and the virus.    

Then you bought the wrong insurance. I also bought insurance and I’m getting cash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, are all inclusive resorts doing the same thing?

 

I'm not thinking a cruise is a high stress environment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, red devil said:

With this new 70s policy it looks as tho Royal wants to make more room in the Diamond lounge.

Wishful thinking. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

If they cancelled, you had the opportunity for a full refund from what I understand.  Didn't you choose the 125% FCC🤔

I cancelled my sailing 2 days before they cancelled it so they refunded my credit card port fees/taxes and monies paid for dining, wifi packages and excursions but will get FCC for cruise fare.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jam0610 said:

I would think you will see a release requirement for everyone. Easy way for the Cruise Lines to treat all age groups the same.

Not going happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what will stop someone under 70 from getting on cruise ship that has diabetes or other health issue?   Is there a new health questionnaire to be completed?    I'm 52 in great health and my Dh is 60 with type 2 diabetes that has been controlled for many years and he is in great health too.  Who would stop him from getting on ship?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, molly361 said:

Rubber stamp ordered - Check

7 day to become a doctor online course signed up- Check

 

I'll be available to sign letters shortly for a small fee😇

 

image.jpeg.eef2008be3adb8ad2ef255b970661ef4.jpeg

Maybe Amazon will have a 70+ Dr approval kit like they have kits for documenting emotional support animals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yeah kind of ran that way. First was recommendation by Govt's, within week or so was changed to required Dr letter. Couple days later they stopped sailings

 

Reminds me of what happened to the Carnival Sunshine and Fantasy passengers who were supposed to sail the very next day after the revised requirement went into effect and were refused boarding at the port (sad situation).  ☹️

 

On Carnival board under "Carnival Sunshine refused 100's of passengers"

 

https://wreg.com/news/carnival-cruise-passengers-say-they-were-denied-boarding-due-to-existing-health-conditions/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

 

Reminds me of what happened to the Carnival Sunshine and Fantasy passengers who were supposed to sail the very next day after the revised requirement went into effect and were refused boarding at the port (sad situation).  ☹️

 

On Carnival board under "Carnival Sunshine refused 100's of passengers"

 

https://wreg.com/news/carnival-cruise-passengers-say-they-were-denied-boarding-due-to-existing-health-conditions/

Thanks. Pointed that out on this Board after reading, after I'd shared the story a week later a few members questioned if anyone had actually been denied sailing.

Edited by ONECRUISER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Thanks. Pointed that out on this Board after reading, after I'd shared the story few questioned if anyone had actually been denied sailing.

 

I think because most ships stopped sailing soon after these requirements came out a lot of people were unaware of what was going on at the ports. Also I don't know if people still realize that it was not just people over 70 with a chronic condition, but people of any age with a chronic condition (reading the second link).

 

So besides having fake doctor credentials on your paperwork, JMO there are going to be a bunch of health questionnaires that are going to be completed with a big NO under "any health conditions" even if they have one lol 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, molly361 said:

Rubber stamp ordered - Check

7 day to become a doctor online course signed up- Check

 

I'll be available to sign letters shortly for a small fee😇

 

image.jpeg.eef2008be3adb8ad2ef255b970661ef4.jpeg

You are FUNNY......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

This form letter is just ridiculous.    Sad to say, but there are many deaths from covid 19 with people in various ages.   Alot of middle aged healthy men too.     

This letter states for 70 and older only.     What about people younger than 70 with diabetes or other diseases?    

 

Again, I am just going to remain hopeful that we have a vaccine for this virus in the very near future.

 

Or maybe we will all have to take the 15 minute antibody test (RapCov) before boarding cruise ship.   

The vaccine will definitely be a lifesaver but it will not make a 71 year old any younger. So here is my problem... we have cruised successfully for many years. Now I am out $600  insurance and  $1,100 on deposits and can't do anything about it..    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...