A question about Boardwalk Balcony rooms on Oasis Class......

The Mrs. and I usually book ocean view balconies.   Tonight at dinner, we toyed with booking Symphony for September or December and we talked about doing something different room wise.     If we book a Boardwalk Balcony room, one of the end couple on deck 10-12, would you get a clear view of the Aqua show from there?   Also is there and view of the sea out the sides of the Aqua Theater?    Now I realize these are not the Aqua Suites with the cool balconies, but looking at the deck plans, it seems one of the last two regular balcony rooms might have a decent view.

TIA

Z

48 minutes ago, zdad59 said:

The Mrs. and I usually book ocean view balconies.   Tonight at dinner, we toyed with booking Symphony for September or December and we talked about doing something different room wise.     If we book a Boardwalk Balcony room, one of the end couple on deck 10-12, would you get a clear view of the Aqua show from there?   Also is there and view of the sea out the sides of the Aqua Theater?    Now I realize these are not the Aqua Suites with the cool balconies, but looking at the deck plans, it seems one of the last two regular balcony rooms might have a decent view.

TIA

Z

Slide may block some of the view. You can get a good view of ocean from the deck 7 rock wall under the 'cool' balconies

We love these rooms, actually prefer them to ocean balcony cabins when on Oasis class, but they are not for everyone!  We enjoy people watching and being able to see the aqua theater from the room.  I have only ever stayed in very far aft cabins.  I do want to be able to see some water, so would not be happy with cabins at the front of boardwalk area.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tljcruiser said:

We love these rooms, actually prefer them to ocean balcony cabins when on Oasis class, but they are not for everyone!  We enjoy people watching and being able to see the aqua theater from the room.  I have only ever stayed in very far aft cabins.  I do want to be able to see some water, so would not be happy with cabins at the front of boardwalk area.  

Have you been in one since slides added

16 minutes ago, Tljcruiser said:

I always enjoy posts like yours, @Tljcruiser🙂 You do understand that when you have a Boardwalk balcony cabin, YOU are one of the people being watched, don't  you?  😉 

We did one on the Allure. Yes, we could see the shows at the Aqua Theatre without problems and we had somewhat of a view of the ocean beyond the theatre. But I wouldn’t rush to book one of these balconies again. At the beginning, we enjoyed watching the action on the Boardwalk, but after a few days, not having a clear view of the ocean got kind of old. We felt pretty disconnected from what was going on outside. 

If the price difference from a regular balcony is substantial, I’d book one again. But if the price is similar or only slightly cheaper, I wouldn’t choose the regular balcony over a boardwalk balcony. 

24 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I always enjoy posts like yours, @Tljcruiser🙂 You do understand that when you have a Boardwalk balcony cabin, YOU are one of the people being watched, don't  you?  😉 

CP is the same, plus on an OV balcony, every time you dock you potentially end up on display😉

Edited by John&LaLa

13 minutes ago, Tapi said:

We did one on the Allure. Yes, we could see the shows at the Aqua Theatre without problems and we had somewhat of a view of the ocean beyond the theatre. But I wouldn’t rush to book one of these balconies again. At the beginning, we enjoyed watching the action on the Boardwalk, but after a few days, not having a clear view of the ocean got kind of old. We felt pretty disconnected from what was going on outside. 

If the price difference from a regular balcony is substantial, I’d book one again. But if the price is similar or only slightly cheaper, I wouldn’t choose the regular balcony over a boardwalk balcony. 

Well, if youre talking Allure that was pre slide.😉

20 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Have you been in one since slides added

Yes on Harmony and Symphony.  Also booked again on Symphony next month which most likely won't happen 😞 and Harmony next October which hopefully will happen!  On Harmony the price has dropped a lot since we booked but for an ocean view balcony gty.  I am considering changing categories as the boardwalk balcony cabin has NOT dropped at all.  But we really like those rooms so maybe not!  

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Yes I realize if I can see people they can see me.  I really do not care if people are looking at me sitting out on the balcony.  I keep the curtains closed when I am in the room!  As I said they are not for everyone!  We enjoy people watching on the boardwalk below.  My daughter likes to see whatever activity is taking place.  Some of the ships play bloopers all day on the aqua screens and she likes to sit out on the balcony and watch those while I am getting ready for dinner.  We don't spend our time looking in the cabins across from us!  Although we have had some friendly neighbors across the way that would wave to us in the mornings and evenings.  Have also seen a few things at night while the lights were on and the curtains were open that I would rather NOT have been a witness too 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, zdad59 said:

If we book a Boardwalk Balcony room, one of the end couple on deck 10-12, would you get a clear view of the Aqua show from there? 

Full review of Harmony 10329 here with photos ... scroll down to post #70 and 71

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2358343-hoopster-on-harmony-jan-7-14-2017-review-wlots-of-photos/page/3/

You have no view of the Aqua Theatre and very little of the ocean unless you are at the railing of the balcony.

There is a translucent  divider that separates the balcony from the rock climbing wall, you can't see through it.

Seated you cannot see the theatre. Standing to the farthest left of the balcony (towards the front of the ship) the Abyss covers a good portion of the view. The only place to get a fully unobstructed view is by standing at the very edge of the balcony at the farthest aft portion of the balcony.

• Like 1