Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Argo.

Who has a Celebrity cruise(s) booked in the next 12 months?

Celebrity Cruise Reservations 2020-2021  

314 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you have deposits on upcoming X cruises that you still wish to complete?

  2. 2. Are you planning on completing or cancelling your booking?

    • We're looking forward to sailing as soon as restrictions are removed.
    • We plan to cancel our reservation(s)


Recommended Posts

We have a French Riviera and Mediterranean cruise booked on the Infinity for May 20th that we expect will be cancelled. We were going to attend the Grand Prix in Monte Carlo, which has been cancelled. We have a deposit on a Boston/Canada cruise for this October. We have a Great Barrier Reef and Transpacific B2B planned for next April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re-booked our Apex 1st April 2020 to May 2021. Always refundable deposit.

 

We'll be just over 70...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jan 3 2021 Solstice to New Caledonia and whatever is left of post-cyclone Vanuatu.  We are looking forward to going although my wife is insisting on a vaccine being developed before we go.  So we will see. 

 

We have a Christmas 2021 cruise booked (Hong Kong to Singapore) and I am thinking we should be good there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn't vote, since our next cruise in October 2021, TransAtlantic on Connie from Rome to Tampa.  Don't plan on cruising before then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have one cruise but most likely will get the cash back rather then book.  We have some time but if it was now we had to pay in full we would definitely take the cash back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a June Mediterranean cruise on the Apex.  😪

 

Just waiting for Celebrity to officially cancel.. I would take the FCC if it extended through 2022, but since it doesn't, will opt for the refund.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are supposed to be on Silhouette in October. We plan to go but dependent on where we are with controls. We will make a final decision just before we have to pay the main payment in July - if Celebrity extend their 48 hour cancellation to October cruises, will pay up and make a final decision very close to the cruise.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, madmacs said:

We are supposed to be on Silhouette in October. We plan to go but dependent on where we are with controls. We will make a final decision just before we have to pay the main payment in July - if Celebrity extend their 48 hour cancellation to October cruises, will pay up and make a final decision very close to the cruise.

 

So are we... and we will be doing the same.

We also have 3 cruises booked on the Connie... June, July and October. Fully expect the June one to be cancelled and probably the July one too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

March 2021 cruise to "touch the Panama Canal" on Constellation leaving out of Tampa.  It's way too soon to determine if we will need to cancel or if the cruise line will cancel us as they did for our April cruise.  I am hopeful that we will get to sail as so much can happen in 11 months from now.  When I think about what I was doing 11 months ago, I couldn't have fathomed a situation such as this one.  Crazy how things change literally within a blink of an eye.

 

@Argo. I like this topic much better ☺️.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

January 2021 in Eclipse Auckland to Melbourne. We plan to go if...Celebrity lets my diabetic wife board and the good people of New Zealand and Australia let these Canadians set foot in their country. We have the Airfare booked as well as all the land based accommodation. All refundable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were very sad when our two April/May New Zealand, Australia Hawaii cruises had to be cancelled. We are looking forward to the future five Caribbean cruises on Reflection we have booked in fall of 2020, spring of 2021 and fall of 2021. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DrKoob said:

We have a Flora cruise in the Galapagos on August 2, 2020. I had to make the HUGE final payment last week. We debated cancelling but decided to make the payment because:

 

1) If we get to go, we get to go and we really want to go!!! But with the current conditions in Ecuador we believe X will cancel this cruise. And since we booked our air and pre/post stay with X we are covered there. 

 

2) If they cancel the cruise (and my guess is that there is a 90% chance they will), we will take our 125% FCC and go next year. Or as soon as we can get onboard. There is nowhere that I know of where I can get 25% interest on my money right now, so this works for us. 

 

Jim

Right now this is where we are with our cruise. We are booked on the Summit to Bermuda at the end of July. Hoping it sails but preparing for it to not sail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a Royal Caribbean booked for September and Celebrity booked for October, February 2021, and March 2021. All have non-refundable deposits. Also have a FCC from our cancelled March cruise.


Sent from my iPad using Forums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

a while ago, I booked Summit to Ireland in Aug 2020.

hopefully it goes.

 

or Celebrity announces it canceled before final payment date in mid may

Edited by fstuff1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This July on Edge. It won't happen. Waiting for Celebrity to do the right thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We have a B2B scheduled for end of Nov./Dec. 2020 and B2B Sept./Oct. 2021. We hope to be doing both. Unfortunately our May 2020 Galapagos was canceled and we took the FCC but ended  up changing our minds and opted for the cash.

Stay safe everyone.

 

Edited by sonnycruises
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DrKoob said:

We have a Flora cruise in the Galapagos on August 2, 2020. I had to make the HUGE final payment last week. We debated cancelling but decided to make the payment because:

 

1) If we get to go, we get to go and we really want to go!!! But with the current conditions in Ecuador we believe X will cancel this cruise. And since we booked our air and pre/post stay with X we are covered there. 

 

2) If they cancel the cruise (and my guess is that there is a 90% chance they will), we will take our 125% FCC and go next year. Or as soon as we can get onboard. There is nowhere that I know of where I can get 25% interest on my money right now, so this works for us. 

 

Jim

Only problem, if they declare bankruptcy and you get pennies on the dollar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a B2B2B scheduled starting March 24th 2021 on the Solstice doing Australia, New Zealand, and a TP to Hawaii. We did book using refundable deposits but unless there is a vaccine by then we most likely be canceling all three cruises. We will hold off making a decision until final payment is due.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are booked on a European cruise in August 2020 which we are in the process of canceling. We are also booked on the March 14-28 cruise from Hong Kong to Tokyo for which we will be making airline reservations in the next two weeks. If travel to Asia or cruising in Asia is restricted at time we can always cancel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our April Caribbean cruise on the Reflection was canceled by X and I am waiting for my refund.

Currently have a very small NRD for a TA April 2021 on the Reflection that I am going to let sit and see how it plays out. 
Will wait until just before final payment to make a decision on a Disney sailing the end of August and a Princess cruise the end of November.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I believe that the latest CDC directive basically cancels all cruising through July, correct? That certainly won't be the end of it.

Edited by Spif Barwunkel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have back-to-backs booked and paid for...Rome-to-Venice and Venice-to-Rome on Infinity...No word that they've been cancelled yet...and the CDC would have no bearing on that because there are no US ports...CDC has no jurisdiction...

 

BUT, we expect them to be cancelled at some time...

 

We also have back-to-backs on Millennium in April 2021...We are still expecting those to happen...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oneputt18 said:

Only problem, if they declare bankruptcy and you get pennies on the dollar. 

The chances of one of the big three (Carnival Corp, RCL Corp or NCL) going out of business are pretty improbable at this point. All Wall Street analysts who follow cruise lines say that they can survive without sailing until next year or longer. Of the smaller lines, Viking is in a great position being a private company and Disney...is Disney. Would I buy a cruise on American Cruise Line or Virgin right now? Nope. But the Big Three, no problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...