Noordam Transpacific Vancouver to Tokyo

Floridastorm

1 minute ago, kazu said:

It’s not just the Prime Minister but all the parties and Governments have united to fight this.  There is little partisanship here.  It’s about health.  Whether you voted for the PM or the Premier is irrelevant - they are all taking leadership roles and show their caring for the people.

We just reached our 16th day with no cases in New Brunswick (everyone fully recovered with no deaths) and we are only barely loosened - parks (with physical distancing), golfing and a few things like that are open and they are watching.  If all goes well, we’ll go to the next stage and if it doesn’t, we are back to lock down.

We are all playing ball here.  We know what we need to do and we’re doing it.  

God Bless!  Stay Well!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ehogan said:

Well, as a Vancouverite I can say that I highly doubt that our outstanding Public Health Officer will open our port to cruises for the remainder of this year.  We took a bit of a hit with travellers from Wash. state bringing cases our way early on and It is highly unlikely she will want to take a step back after all the work B.C. has done in flattening our curve.

By the way, New Brunswick kudos to you, your curve has flatlined. 

Agree.  It will be a slow opening , slower than in some provinces. I also can't imagine the ports or border will be open soon.  The Feds will be involved in this decision, too.  

Great that NB is doing so well, Kazu!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

Agree.  It will be a slow opening , slower than in some provinces. I also can't imagine the ports or border will be open soon.  The Feds will be involved in this decision, too.  

Great that NB is doing so well, Kazu!

I think the majority of BC-ers are holding their collective breath hoping the border will not be opened anytime soon, especially with the lax way the US is dealing with the virus.  Our MoH has been incredible throughout.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, T8NCruise said:

I think the majority of BC-ers are holding their collective breath hoping the border will not be opened anytime soon, especially with the lax way the US is dealing with the virus.  Our MoH has been incredible throughout.

Bonnie, too.  She is over the top great. Nice shoes, as well :)

On 5/3/2020 at 11:31 AM, Floridastorm said:

The majority of Americans never become vaccinated as they feel it is not worth the effort. We have been through SARS, MERS, H1N1(swine flu), Ebola, Zika, H5N1 (bird flu) and have never once shut anything down or gone off the deep end with hysteria. The cruise industry is going to be destroyed. IMO I don't think they can recover. If a lot of cruisers are fine with that then so be it.

During those pandemics , how many medical professionals died as compared to COVID-19?

Do you have that data?

12 hours ago, T8NCruise said:

As a Washingtonian I hope not too!   By the way, why are we still seeing Canadian license plates here??  Only a fraction of the usual number but still coming.  So much for closed borders. 🙄

59 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

As a Washingtonian I hope not too!   By the way, why are we still seeing Canadian license plates here??  Only a fraction of the usual number but still coming.  So much for closed borders. 🙄

Hi!  Probably because some live in WA part of the year?  Because some have elderly parents there who need help, so it is not non-essential travel? 

We see on our walks a few Manitoba license plates, so not sure the parameters of non-essential travel.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, T8NCruise said:

Yes, Bonnie.  I don't like her shoes but am happy to see the tribute from Fluvogs.🙂

I have a few pairs.  Not to wear with just anything but they are beautifully made, very comfortable and have a lot of class.  With the proceeds from the Dr Henry shoe going to charity they sold out instantly after crashing the website.  Other companies are getting on her bandwagon turning out other items.  She is a star here and much appreciated for all her expertise in her field.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

Hi!  Probably because some live in WA part of the year?  Because some have elderly parents there who need help, so it is not non-essential travel? 

We see on our walks a few Manitoba license plates, so not sure the parameters of non-essential travel.

Thanks!  Just was curious, as down here we have to quarantine even if we leave our state. (supposed to anyway!) Even those who own vacation properties aren't allowed to visit there.  I know someone who lives here, her elderly Mother lives in Canada.  My friend can't go see her...

2 hours ago, Mosaic said:

We live south of Ontario and I wish to cruise out of Canada this summer.  On a houseboat on the Trent or Rideau! I wish I could cross over the border.......

We did the Rideau in late 2018.  Loved it, wonderful history, scenery and the people!  We used Houseboat Holidays through Peter Lock out of Gananoque, great help he was!  We met folks along our way who had done the Trent and I think maybe they preferred that because it had more villages to visit, but we included kayaks with our houseboat from Peter and we enjoyed the kayaking on the Rideau canal lakes.  Hoping you can do it!  Maureen--

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Thanks!  Just was curious, as down here we have to quarantine even if we leave our state. (supposed to anyway!) Even those who own vacation properties aren't allowed to visit there.  I know someone who lives here, her elderly Mother lives in Canada.  My friend can't go see her...

Looking this up I find that essential services include: work and study; critical infastructure support; economic services and supply chains; shopping for essential good like medications, health and safety.

Thanks, Cruising-along, for your info.  It is all quite confusing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Beaver said:

During those pandemics , how many medical professionals died as compared to COVID-19?

Do you have that data?

Well, my friend, the corrupt news media never reported on those so called pandemics because their guy was in the white house and they were not interested in holding him responsible. So, just like the common flu, they never reported much of anything. Who knows how many professionals die every year treating the common flu or any of these other diseases. But, of course, the news media despises our President and will do anything to make him look bad as they want him out of office. So, they report only things that will harm him. There are so many lies and misreporting over this Covid-19 it is striking.                                     

Edited by Floridastorm
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Floridastorm said:

Well, my friend, the corrupt news media never reported on those so called pandemics because their guy was in the white house and they were not interested in holding him responsible. So, just like the common flu, they never reported much of anything. Who knows how many professionals die every year treating the common flu or any of these other diseases. But, of course, the news media despises our President and will do anything to make him look bad as they want him out of office. So, they report only things that will harm him. There are so many lies and misreporting over this Covid-19 it is striking.                                     

You are losing me here.  How is this pertinent to the Noordam's transpacific crossing this Fall?

• Like 3

The Noordam may cross, I hope so.  His posts will probably be removed--like his other posts.  We have less than 5 percent of the world population, but over 25% of the Covid-19 cases because our president is great.  This does not bode well for cruises from and to the USA.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

You are losing me here.  How is this pertinent to the Noordam's transpacific crossing this Fall?

I was responding to "The Beaver". The cruise industry is shutdown because of this Covid-19 thing so this discussion is pertinent to the Noordam's transpacific crossing. It's the reason why the Noordam may or may not cruise to Japan.

20 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

I have a few pairs.  Not to wear with just anything but they are beautifully made, very comfortable and have a lot of class.  With the proceeds from the Dr Henry shoe going to charity they sold out instantly after crashing the website.  Other companies are getting on her bandwagon turning out other items.  She is a star here and much appreciated for all her expertise in her field.

Yes, being a Vancouverite Dr. Bonnie is my hero!

• Like 2

I would like the people who are doubting to take a few minutes to watch this video. Since the Covid-19 virus is the only thing that has shutdown the cruise industry, and just about everything else, worldwide I think it is very pertinent for discussion on this forum. Watch it until the end and make up your own minds if you are still doubting the veracity of the information provided.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, T8NCruise said:

I think you are in the wrong forum.

Ditto!

In any case I would think the Transpacific portion is now cancelled based on HAL’s announcement:

DDFBFA41-D6A4-4CCC-8EDD-55527ECEC6DD.thumb.jpeg.f90069a9a5c2e9e9a7eb6b0a4fdd36f6.jpeg

It certainly sounds like there are no cruises from Canadian ports.

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Ditto!

In any case I would think the Transpacific portion is now cancelled based on HAL’s announcement:

DDFBFA41-D6A4-4CCC-8EDD-55527ECEC6DD.thumb.jpeg.f90069a9a5c2e9e9a7eb6b0a4fdd36f6.jpeg

It certainly sounds like there are no cruises from Canadian ports.

Thank you for the update. HAL announcement does not mention anything regarding cancellation of transpacific or Asia cruises. The cruise is still available to book today on HAL website. 

Guess we will see what happens. I am booked and will  post an update if I receive a cancellation notification.

Just got off a chat with HAL customer service. He stated definitively that the Noordam Vancouver to Tokyo cruise September 27th is still valid and they are taking bookings. He did state that the routing may change a  little based upon status at that time.

26 minutes ago, PattiHawaii said:

Thank you for the update. HAL announcement does not mention anything regarding cancellation of transpacific or Asia cruises. The cruise is still available to book today on HAL website. 

Guess we will see what happens. I am booked and will  post an update if I receive a cancellation notification.

Thanks - we would have been on in with you 😞 

No question in my mind there will be serious itinerary changes if the cruise goes.  Alaska cruise season is closed so I doubt they want one ship visiting on an “exception basis”.

With HAL cancelling all Canada cruises, I suspect they will not be sailing out of Vancouver if it goes but who knows?