Just got an email for 10% off cheers!

helene109

20 minutes ago, jennknee said:

@TeresaJ Did you get this email for your January Mardi Gras cruise? I'm booked on MG for Feb and, to be honest, I haven't been convinced it's going to happen and I didn't get an email which is definitely throwing fire on that theory for me!

I did not get an email for the Mardi Gras cruise. I checked my sailing after I saw this post and it does apply to my sailing when I add it to my cart, however it's not advertised anywhere when I log in. I am convinced that it's probably not going to sail on time and that's why I didn't get an email promoting it either.

1 minute ago, TeresaJ said:

I did not get an email for the Mardi Gras cruise. I checked my sailing after I saw this post and it does apply to my sailing when I add it to my cart, however it's not advertised anywhere when I log in. I am convinced that it's probably not going to sail on time and that's why I didn't get an email promoting it either.

Thanks for the input! I know the site is slammed and not working correctly, so I'll check it out and cross my fingers (on both the deal AND that my ship will sail!) a little later!

39 minutes ago, jennknee said:

Thanks for the input! I know the site is slammed and not working correctly, so I'll check it out and cross my fingers (on both the deal AND that my ship will sail!) a little later!

I got the email and I have Mardi Gras booked for nov 14th. 

I added it to my 11/7 sailing and saw the 10% off note before adding to my cart, but details in the cart were 20% off (415.60 for a 5-day for two + 93.52 Grats + 509.12). Tried to check out (with gift cards), came up with an error. Tried it a second time, same 10%/20% info, but total was different (415.60 + 74.82 Grats = 490.42), same gift cards. Errored again. Called the number in the error, punched through for fun shops/gifts queue, waited about 30 minutes on line. Customer service said everyone (other Cust service reps) reporting the problem, but she tried anyway. She came up with the 490.42 number, wouldn’t process for her, either. She recommends calling tomorrow. I took screen shots for both the totals I tried to check out with, so I have ammo if they get squirrelly on the retry. Offer good through Sunday 4/12.

Movtarget in NC

• Like 2

We currently have a cruise booked for June 2020 and another for October 2021.  When I add them to cart, I am only getting 10% off.  We are really hoping to get an email or an update to the 20% off.

I just logged into my bookings for March 2021 and there is a offer on the page for 

Cheers to the Future!
Get 20% off CHEERS! for your upcoming cruise. Hurry this is a limited time offer. Discount applied in cart
states no code needed. 

I have 2 staterooms reserved.  If I booked for both: 
From$1,662.40
$1,329.92
savings-tag 
20% off - Ends 4/12

Remove

I just checked my cart again and the price was still 20% off but the included $100 Cruise Cash was gone. I already have $600 OBC so decided to try to purchase again, it was a different error message but still didn’t go through.

Edited by LaRue1975

Well we now see the offer of 20% off the drink package but unable to get it to go through.  The Carnival agent said that they were having difficulties with the offer and that IT would have it available tomorrow evening until Sunday evening.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, shoptom said:

My 20% off Cruise Cash x5 just went through, paid with an AARP gift card.

Just picked $100 Cruise Cash at 20% off to put on my grandsons account and it went through. Hopefully they get the Cheers Package discount worked out tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up! 

This morning (7:30 eastern time) still showing as available to add to cart with 20% off acknowledged in cart, but cannot checkout, errors out. Will keep trying throughout the day, and try Cust service again this afternoon.

Movtarget in NC

• Like 1

Did anyone get payment to go thru for Cheers? Thinking of purchasing since it's an extra 20% off the already 10% pre-purchase discount so in reality its about 27% off the on board purchase price. Good deal IMO.

I am thorough. Also losing my mind Joebucks, lol. The possible reason I’m seeing two amounts (see my earlier post, don’t want to quote myself) is one presents with gratuities AFTER the discount, one presents with gratuities BEFORE the discount.

When you first add the item to your cart, you are likely to see the gratuities discounted, and I still cannot check out online with gift cards. If you add to your cart, log out, and log back in, it shows the same discounted package price, but gratuities are added pre-discount (which is the way it should work from a fairness perspective, I’ll take either). I still cannot check out.

A new problem has arisen for me. My first card with only $20.05 left on it now shows as invalid, both in the payment process AND when checking through Carnival’s “our gift cards” checker. Others are OK. That’s a battle for another day - I’m focused on discount drinks!

So I think the error is some kind of internal audit check that’s automated. The pricing in cart doesn’t match a valid amount “Database Table” elsewhere. IT, accounting, and marketing will need to work this out. I’ll call before 4:00 Eastern to see if I can get something more resolute and post back here.

Movtarget in NC

45 minutes ago, TeresaJ said:

Did anyone get payment to go thru for Cheers? Thinking of purchasing since it's an extra 20% off the already 10% pre-purchase discount so in reality its about 27% off the on board purchase price. Good deal IMO.

It's a great deal -- Aside from the cheaper pre-purchase price, I have never seen any sort of sale on Cheers!

29 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

This is why I chuckle at the whole "are people going to want to cruise again after this?!"

Then Carnival throws in 20% off of drinks. People lose their minds. That is really all it takes lol.

This is so true! Carnival just keeps chipping away at the refunded portion of my cancelled cruise that is sitting in my CC account. My rescheduled cruise is not until March and I want to be cautious about giving Carnival more of my funds in case the worst happens and they go bankrupt. Then they throw out the 20% off Cheers and I tried to do just that at least a half dozen times yesterday and will keep trying today, lol! 

I do have $200 in Carnival gift cards to burn which helps and I was planning to wait to buy Cheers on board with the $600 OBC so I am “saving”  $221, funny how saving money costs money. Last night I bought $100 discounted Cruise Cash for my grandson’s account so I can see how this is going to go, no point in resisting, I hope 20% off excursions is next! 

19 hours ago, helene109 said:

Did anyone else get the email? 10% is better than nothing our cruise is in August!

92BA30A1-0B04-47C0-BDF1-2E5476D4A015.png

I didn't get an email, but it's right there on my cruise planner..

We have 2 cabins though with an adult and kid in each cabin (you know how they roll with booking).. And they gave me 100 OBC in each cabin for not cancelling.. It'll be significantly cheaper for me to buy it on board.. 

Edited by FiremedicMike151
  • Like 1

Doesn't accept my payment.  I was on hold with the Funshop for 30 minutes last night.  They said they know their is an issue with the website.  I asked to purchase over the phone and they said I could but I would not receive the discounted offer, ONLINE purchases only.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wesorbeth said:

Doesn't accept my payment.  I was on hold with the Funshop for 30 minutes last night.  They said they know their is an issue with the website.  I asked to purchase over the phone and they said I could but I would not receive the discounted offer, ONLINE purchases only.  

I also was on hold, and told could not purchase over the phone because they ask for three digit security code for Cheers and because its a recorded line I cant buy over the phone..... so strange... maybe its a gimic lol! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

And they gave me 100 OBC in each cabin for not cancelling.. It'll be significantly cheaper for me to buy it on board.. 

Do you actually see this $100 OBC on your account? I am in the same situation but I don't see it anywhere.  Sorry for the hijack - just didn't see this asked elsewhere.  Thanks!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Keata said:

Do you actually see this $100 OBC on your account? I am in the same situation but I don't see it anywhere.  Sorry for the hijack - just didn't see this asked elsewhere.  Thanks!!

I see it when I click on the “more details” under my balance due

• Like 1