Just got an email for 10% off cheers!

helene109

12 minutes ago, Scoreboard2017 said:

I just booked a  9 day June 4, 2021 Cruise out of London thru Norway and the 20% off offer for Cheers was waiting for me. No cruise cash deal. hoping I get an email soon (unlikely).  Anyhow, always happy to save on drinks!! 

I added the cruise cash to my cart and see the discount of 20%. Over 400 days away from my cruise but I love a deal...

8 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Question for anyone who DIDN'T get the email. Have you been able to successfully get the discount on your booking? It's hard to determine if this is truly limited to certain bookings or not. I got the email for our January booking and can get the discount there, but we're looking at one of the 2022 Sailabration cruises. We'd rush to book that one today (since this sale ends tonight) if I knew we could get the discount for that one too.

Turns out, I didn't need to use the little trick. We got the second cruise booked this evening and a banner for the 20% off deal was already waiting for me when I went into the booking. We don't do Cheers, but we're happy to get some discounted Cruise Cash. 👍

• Like 1

Never got the email, but used Greg's backdoor method to buy Cheers last night and cruise cash tonight for the first time.  Never had a reason to use cruise cash since a credit card was always a better method, but 20% off was nice.  Wanted to buy 450 worth, but only the 100 option would give me the 20% discount.  Tried 75 x 6 and 50 x 9 to no avail.  So I settled for 400, which will cover grats and leave 190 or so towards specialty dining.  Getting the 10% discount because of the Allstate cards is nice, layering it with this extra 20% makes it that much sweeter in 16 months when we're on the Mardi Gras.

• Like 1

This thread is exactly why I love CC.  I never got an email and normally wouldn't purchase a drink package as I am not that big of a drinker (although the price for Carnival's package purchased pre-cruise did make me consider it even prior to this sale).  This discount brought it down to the point where it makes sense for me.  I never would have known anything about this if it weren't for the people here passing along information.  We have a family cruise booked on the Mardi Gras May 2021 with six of us traveling in 3 cabins and we all purchased the package.  THANKS!!!

• Like 1

I was able to get the 20% discount to go through today (4/13 - after it was supposed to have ended) for my December cruise.   The discount didn't show up when I logged in, but my mom was able to complete the purchase and get the discount by using my booking number.  Question though - does any one know if we will get the additional 10% statement credit on the Carnival credit card?  

16 minutes ago, BonusMom said:

I was able to get the 20% discount to go through today (4/13 - after it was supposed to have ended) for my December cruise.   The discount didn't show up when I logged in, but my mom was able to complete the purchase and get the discount by using my booking number.  Question though - does any one know if we will get the additional 10% statement credit on the Carnival credit card?  

There isn't a statement credit for cheers that I'm aware of. You get that for booking excursions on the card though.