Queen Elizabeth Position

sfred

• 3 months later...

What a wonderful sight on our walk this morning. There across the river Mersey from our viewpoint on the promenade at Seacombe , Queen Elizabeth.

She is moored at the Liverpool Pierhead alongside the Three Graces namely , The Liver building, The Cunard building and The Port of Liverpool building.

I hope everyone on board is enjoying my wonderful city!

• Like 2

QE is on her way to Southampton tonight, having left Liverpool for Belfast, and then over to Greenoch and now headed back to Southampton. I guess this is intended to giver her more 'sea' time, or perhaps to accommodate port availabilities, as there are several other cruise ships in the area. 

26 minutes ago, Bigmike911 said:

QE is on her way to Southampton tonight, having left Liverpool for Belfast, and then over to Greenoch and now headed back to Southampton. I guess this is intended to giver her more 'sea' time, or perhaps to accommodate port availabilities, as there are several other cruise ships in the area. 

My understanding is QE will be doing a couple days of "Scottish Isles Scenic Cruising" before heading back to Southampton. More specifically, one online itinerary lists "Isle of Mull Scenic Cruising". I figure she might be on her way to the Isle of Mull at the moment, possibly for a circuit of that island as she's done on a couple of the previous staycation cruises this summer.

Edited by bluemarble

The QE was due to be in Holyhead, North Wales tomorrow 22nd September but I think someone mentioned there has been damage to the pier there. Other Holyhead dates were to have been 8th September and 11th October.

She's due back in Southampton on 24th September.

11 hours ago, bluemarble said:

My understanding is QE will be doing a couple days of "Scottish Isles Scenic Cruising" before heading back to Southampton. More specifically, one online itinerary lists "Isle of Mull Scenic Cruising". I figure she might be on her way to the Isle of Mull at the moment, possibly for a circuit of that island as she's done on a couple of the previous staycation cruises this summer.

I think you are right Blue Marble, The Cruisemapper map showed her headed northwest from Greenoch, which is not the direct route to Southampton. I wondered if she was going to undo her track and go back over Scotland and come down the East Coast, but Scenic crusing in the Western Isles makes more sense. At present, the cruisemapper shows her off Mull and headed southeast. 

Edited by Bigmike911

• 4 months later...

QE appears to be skipping Vigo today. She got a late start out of Southampton Sunday evening because of the weather and as a result her scheduled arrival time at Vigo today (as reported by AIS) had been adjusted to 13:15. But now it's well past that time and she is sailing past Vigo. Her next scheduled port of call is Lisbon tomorrow.

By the way, the counts of those on board this cruise as reported by QE to Southampton VTS Sunday evening are 1378 passengers and 982 crew.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since we've seen QE on a port of call webcam. She has been in Santa Cruz de Tenerife today. Here's a good view of QE as seen earlier this afternoon from the "Santa Cruz de Tenerife - Plaza de España Live cam" on the Skyline Webcams website ("www.skylinewebcams.com"). I am posting this image here with the kind permission of Skyline Webcams.

143660453_QESantaCruzdeTenerife2022-02-26.thumb.jpg.a6562fed7879a197c8582779015dcc6c.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Here's a webcam image of QE in Alesund, Norway today. This is from the "Waterfront" webcam on the Alesund Port Authority website at "alesund.havn.no".

1154813223_QEAlesund2022-03-21.thumb.jpg.523977a971bcbc83279965f10ba6454b.jpg

Fortunately we are in the starboard side and had the sun all day!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an image of QE's departure from Lisbon this afternoon captured from the "Câmara VTS" live webcam stream on the Tejo Live page of the Port of Lisbon website at "www.portodelisboa.pt/en/tejo-live".

I thought it might be worth posting this image since it is likely to be quite a few years until QE calls at Lisbon again.

87313456_QELisbonDeparture2022-04-12.thumb.jpg.9bd35a492e34d006567aaf21930ab890.jpg

• Like 3

I don't think we've seen a webcam image from Civitavecchia on this thread yet. Here's QE (right) at Civitavecchia this morning along with MSC Poesia (left) and Azamara Quest (center right). I think you can also make out just a bit of Star Legend at the far right.

This image is from the EarthCam webcam at "https://myearthcam.com/darsenaromanacv". It is posted here with the kind permission of EarthCam.

231739506_QECivitavecchia2022-04-23.thumb.jpg.83534977857d17f369e281bcf8056d54.jpg

• Like 3