Has anyone cancelled a princess cruise lately?

teddie2

I just cancelled today and the girl I spoke with seemed to not know a lot ... I actually knew more than she did re gift card refunds.. after she cancelled I did not get any kind of confirmation of the cancellation nor is there anything in my account now that even shows I ever had a reservation or what was paid.  Is this the norm or did she make an error.I was still in the refund period and she said yes the money would go on my credit for the cash and on the gift card for what was paid by gift cards.  

• Haha 1

I cancelled a Tahiti trip that I had already paid quite a bit on.  I was told 60 days for the credit to appear on my credit card and immediately received two emails:  1 for the cancelled air and the other for the cruise.  I would call and ask for an email to confirm your cancellation.

so they said an email was sent out.. I never got it checked spam and did a search through my account.. she confirmed my email address and said she would resend... so odd.. waiting now to see if I get it,

• Like 1

I did receive confirmation email of cancellation of cruise showing refund amount vs FCC amount.  However also had $1,000 EZ-Air booked as well as $1500 in shore excursions and nothing concerning those fees paid.  She said she could see all of that and it would have to be looked at line by line to determine where the money will go back to.  We also had combination of credit card and Princess gift cards.  I think ours will take a little more time to straighten out.

Oh interesting.  well this agent said she saw an email was sent... but it was not and then said she would send one that was 31 mins ago and still no email.. so not sure what is going on. If nothing I will call back tomorrow.  I don't like the idea of no proof that they owe me and their agreement to do so.  I am sure they are overwhelmed... I cancelled all my flights and lodgings and received immediate emails for all of them even the smaller companies I was just a bit surprised.  I have never cruised before this would have been our first . 

5 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I did not receive an email so I kept a record of the booking number so they could research it should that be necessary.

Always get a cancellation receipt. You need to submit it if you ever need to dispute charge. tA or Princess rep should provide it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dog said:

Always get a cancellation receipt. You need to submit it if you ever need to dispute charge. tA or Princess rep should provide it. 

I agree that is why I am upset they still have not sent one after two attempts. I am going to continue to press them on this

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I did not receive an email so I kept a record of the booking number so they could research it should that be necessary.

I wonder what is going on that they are not sending out emails. I agree you should tell them you want one

Call back and give the agent a different email address.  Princess is most likely cancelling quite a few trips; so their server may get your email messed up.  I have had this happen a few times.  My primary email never worked nor did it go to spam folder.  Then I give them one of my other emails and it came right thru.  Hope this helps.  

4 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Call back and give the agent a different email address.  Princess is most likely cancelling quite a few trips; so their server may get your email messed up.  I have had this happen a few times.  My primary email never worked nor did it go to spam folder.  Then I give them one of my other emails and it came right thru.  Hope this helps.  

Actually that is a good idea.. I can give them my husbands as he has gmail and see if that is better as i have yahoo... 

We recently cancelled a Princess cruise in July. I did this by calling our TA. I was sent an e=mail confirming this by the TA's firm.

I had also been told when we booked with just a refundable deposit that our insurance would also be refundable if we cancelled since no moneys were at stake. I also received an e-mail from the insurance saying the refund request would be reviewed .

Edited by ontheweb
added second paragraph

I have cancelled my family’s Alaskan cruise in July. At first we wanted to wait another month since the final payment date got moved to 60 days prior. However, the airline offered no fee cancellation until the end of April, for a full refund in a form of future travel credits. This is a huge advantage for us since our air tickets were expensive and non-refundable.  Tonight I went ahead and cancelled the cruise. 

What did not work out well is that, even though the final payment date was moved, my travel agent did not updated our account, and they charged my credit card for the balance of the cruise. Even though I called my travel agent when the payment was still a pending transaction, it was too late. Princess already got the money. Now, I have to wait 60 days to get the refund. My travel agent told me to contact the credit card company and request a dispute to get a refund faster. Not sure how that would work, but I’ll call the bank tomorrow and let them know the situation. 

Wow that should not have happened. It clearly said on my reservation  If payment was not received by a certain date that the reservation would be canceled.

I spoke to  the princess agent that helped me with my initial booking and he sent me some sort of cancelation notice but there's no indication of how much I had put down and would be refunded to me it was just a statement that I cancelled the reservation and showed the cost of the trip which was not helpful as it still does not prove they owe me $1500

On 4/11/2020 at 9:31 AM, ontheweb said:

We recently cancelled a Princess cruise in July. I did this by calling our TA. I was sent an e=mail confirming this by the TA's firm.

I had also been told when we booked with just a refundable deposit that our insurance would also be refundable if we cancelled since no moneys were at stake. I also received an e-mail from the insurance saying the refund request would be reviewed .

I should also add that I was very glad that we used EZ Air as the airfares were cancelled along with the cruise and we did not have to do anything with either of the airlines we were using for the round trip. In addition to the $ 200 off airfare they were giving as a promotion when we booked, that turned out to be another advantage.

8 hours ago, botbien said:

I have cancelled my family’s Alaskan cruise in July. At first we wanted to wait another month since the final payment date got moved to 60 days prior. However, the airline offered no fee cancellation until the end of April, for a full refund in a form of future travel credits. This is a huge advantage for us since our air tickets were expensive and non-refundable.  Tonight I went ahead and cancelled the cruise. 

What did not work out well is that, even though the final payment date was moved, my travel agent did not updated our account, and they charged my credit card for the balance of the cruise. Even though I called my travel agent when the payment was still a pending transaction, it was too late. Princess already got the money. Now, I have to wait 60 days to get the refund. My travel agent told me to contact the credit card company and request a dispute to get a refund faster. Not sure how that would work, but I’ll call the bank tomorrow and let them know the situation. 

Did you go through the TA to cancel?