Have beverage packages increased in price for 2021?

I've been watching Cruise Planner to see when beverage packages would be available for a cruise next year at this time. They are showing up now, but I was a little shocked to see the price of the soda package is now $13.50 per person per day plus 18% gratuity (which brings it up to almost $16 per person per day). That package doesn't even include bottled water. I think I'll pass this time. For some reason I was thinking the soda package was in the $8 to $9 range not all that long ago. 

Someone on my rollcall for Enchantment in fall 2021 asked about the price.  I looked it up last week and it was $68.  We never buy it so we really don't care, but they hadn't booked yet so couldn't see the price.  That is a 12 night cruise too, so it adds up quick.

13 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

To piggy back off this topic, can someone explain why RCL does not regularly offer a drinks package included as a perk in the price of the cruise?  One can almost always get a drinks package offer with Celebrity and certainly NCL...why not RCL?

Each cruise line has its own rules, customs and practices.

23 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

To piggy back off this topic, can someone explain why RCL does not regularly offer a drinks package included as a perk in the price of the cruise?  One can almost always get a drinks package offer with Celebrity and certainly NCL...why not RCL?

RCL didn’t need to offer incentives like this to fill their ships in the past. Of course this could change in the future when crude lines resume operations. 

27 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

You are paying for it one way or another 

• Like 4

Oasis for Jan 2021 is $84 plus grats for the deluxe package for a total of just about $100 per day per person. That is $1400 for two people on a seven day cruise. Not happening. Soda is $13.50 plus grats and refreshment is $34 plus grats.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

I was in our cruise planner today and the Allure Nov. prices are $52 for the UBP and $8.99 for classic soda, both are + 18%. That makes Jan. 2021 prices a big jump.

I have an Allure Nov. cruise and my cruise planner is showing $61 pp/pd for UBP.  Is yours a 7 night?

28 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

I was in our cruise planner today and the Allure Nov. prices are $52 for the UBP and $8.99 for classic soda, both are + 18%. That makes Jan. 2021 prices a big jump.

4 minutes ago, adidas5676 said:

I have an Allure Nov. cruise and my cruise planner is showing $61 pp/pd for UBP.  Is yours a 7 night?

My November 15th Allure sailing is $59. What's your dates?

image.png.d7e07a7e839adbecb22651c4a75fb9f1.png

The discrepency in Nov Allure bev package prices makes me think that perhaps the cheaper the cruise the cruise fare the higher the onboard package prices, and vice versa?  We booked a JS for the Allure in Nov for $3000 total out the door after taxes etc (2 people combined)

23 minutes ago, adidas5676 said:

The discrepency in Nov Allure bev package prices makes me think that perhaps the cheaper the cruise the cruise fare the higher the onboard package prices, and vice versa?  We booked a JS for the Allure in Nov for $3000 total out the door after taxes etc (2 people combined)

Hard for us to tell. We were bumped off Indy and chose Allure on a price guarantee so we got the cabin cheaper than advertised.

• Like 1

Yup, my Oct, Nov and Dec 2020 Cruises this yr $8.99 Soda, in 2018/9 were $9.99 which was nice drop after increasing from $6.99 was 6 yrs ago. My 2021 Cruises Soda is $13.50, though can purchase deal as part of Classic Soda/Voom package which is less then purchased separately

Edited by ONECRUISER

8 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

RCL drinks package offer is become a Diamond.

Don't 

8 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Non-drinkers realize that the "free" drinks for all causes their cruise to become more expensive with no benefits.

15 hours ago, Retired LEO said:

The deluxe package on certain ships is $89 per day. 

Yep.  I have a booking on the Symphony, departing April 3, 2021 (Easter weekend).   Deluxe package is $89/day.  Outrageous pricing (for us).  But, someone will pay it.

5 minutes ago, elephant98 said:

Yep.  I have a booking on the Symphony, departing April 3, 2021 (Easter weekend).   Deluxe package is $89/day.  Outrageous pricing (for us).  But, someone will pay it.

But that someone wouldn't be me.

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

But that someone wouldn't be me.

Me either.  I'm double booked for that week, trying to decide between a 7-nighter on the Symphony or an 8-nighter on the Carnival Horizon.   While Royal is charging $89/day for their drink package, I received an email a couple of days ago from Carnival offering 20% off their Cheers package price of $52/day.  Total cost for Cheers was $392.33 after gratuities and taxes.  And, this for an 8-day package.   Throw in the fact that the Horizon cruise costs $1000 less than the Symphony cruise and Royal is making which cruise to select clearer by the day.

2 minutes ago, elephant98 said:

Me either.  I'm double booked for that week, trying to decide between a 7-nighter on the Symphony or an 8-nighter on the Carnival Horizon.   While Royal is charging $89/day for their drink package, I received an email a couple of days ago from Carnival offering 20% off their Cheers package price of $52/day.  Total cost for Cheers was $392.33 after gratuities and taxes.  And, this for an 8-day package.   Throw in the fact that the Horizon cruise costs $1000 less than the Symphony cruise and Royal is making which cruise to select clearer by the day.

Keep in mind, your chance of crashing, or sleeping in your own feces increases 10 fold when you sail on Carnival.

• Haha 2

Hopefully they will go down when people are not purchasing at these crazy prices! I've never sailed without (since they've been available) one but will do so if they don't adjust.

Edited by mkmaj