Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
mozfoz

Oceania Big Price Reduction

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I do not understand  why  you think  they would  give you the lower rate now 🙄

Things can change  by 2022 & the prices may rise  or the 2021  sailing could drop

I think  at the moment  they may have other more important worries

Just saying

Because they sent the notice to me, with my cruise included in the link. That's why I was looking for the new rate (insert she roll). I understand that they have a lot to worry about, so why add to their woes with multiple cruises in a "Sale" marketing piece that really do not have any reductions (see "Sunnies" post as well)?I

 

I still intend to sale, if cruising is possible. I was merely bringing up an issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sunnies said:

I have just received an email from Oceania with the subject “The Ultimate Sale. Major Price Reductions.” I compared the cost of our Concierge Stateroom for August 2021 from some weeks ago to the cost listed today and guess what it’s the same! I should mention that we live in Australia. 

some mentioned they called their TA to get the lower rates

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Even though “The Ultimate Sale” was announced this week the actual price reductions were implemented a few weeks ago. 

Edited by dj_crusin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Paulchili said:

I guess the sale applies only to some cruises that don't sell as well?

We had a B2B2B on the Marina this Fall that we cancelled but would have saved over $3k from the prior fare if we kept the bookings.

The cruises that were available when clicking on the link appeared to  be only 2020 inventory. It's doubtful how many of those will actually sail, perhaps a cash flow ploy aimed at those that are optimistic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ORV said:

The cruises that were available when clicking on the link appeared to  be only 2020 inventory. It's doubtful how many of those will actually sail, perhaps a cash flow ploy aimed at those that are optimistic. 

Click the ... at the top of the listings  to go to further pages   they go as far as June 2022 sailings

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/special-offers/ultimate-sale/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dj_crusin said:

Even though “The Ultimate Sale” was announced this week the actual price reductions were implemented a few weeks ago. 


I took a screen shot of the cost of our August 21 cruise in February and the price is the same now. Perhaps prices will be reduced later in the year if bookings are slow. Also it is worth noting that the cruise is on Nautica which may not be refurbished next month as planned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our two European June cruises are no longer listed for me to compare, but our July Northern Legends cruise is now priced at more than when we booked and with only one O Life benefit, we had all three.  (We cancelled the three cruises a month ago).  Doesn't look like much of a sale to me!  And surely Oceania will be cancelling their 2020 Europe cruises for the season some time soon in any case.  They'd be better putting the marketing department personnel into the refunds department for the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our 4/21 TA Penthouse dropped by $800 pp. Fingers crossed we can go as planned, but will cancel if no vaccine in time or we test neg for antibodies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2020 at 11:21 PM, cruisingaussies said:

Our two European June cruises are no longer listed for me to compare, but our July Northern Legends cruise is now priced at more than when we booked and with only one O Life benefit, we had all three.  (We cancelled the three cruises a month ago).  Doesn't look like much of a sale to me!  And surely Oceania will be cancelling their 2020 Europe cruises for the season some time soon in any case.  They'd be better putting the marketing department personnel into the refunds department for the moment.

Check the website again. July is now waitlisted which means it is about to be cancelled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The July European cruises have been waitlisted for months now!  What are they waiting for!? Wish they would cancel now if they are a no go, Though it looks like Europe is beginning to open up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oceania and Regent are using the totally waitlisted cruise as a placeholder for "the cruise is about to be cancelled".  Europe and SA are beginning to open up but only time will tell if the ships will sail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jeanine said:

The July European cruises have been waitlisted for months now!  What are they waiting for!? Wish they would cancel now if they are a no go, Though it looks like Europe is beginning to open up.

 

Maybe waiting to clear the backlog of  refunds  before  starting a new batch 😉

 

also they might have been waiting  for  the loan to come through

 Just guessing  though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bermuda Cruises from NY in July and August are still showing available. We cancelled our Bermuda cruise before penalty started on April 7. We will re book if it sails and pricing is the same or better. We will drive to NY day of and back day after. But, our state is still asking for 14 day Quarantine when returning from NY, NJ, and Conn. Hoping this will be lifted soon because of the more favorable results showing recently in NY. We are still waiting for our deposit back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2020 at 7:42 PM, pinotlover said:

Our two cruises dropped between $300 and $400 each. Nice, but nothing big. As usual price adjustments based on the individual cruise.

My cruise dropped $500 per person for a two-week cruise.  Ca-ching!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received a Memorial Day Sale brochure.  Any idea if those cruises will really go?  No mention of inside cabins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Just received a Memorial Day Sale brochure.  Any idea if those cruises will really go?  No mention of inside cabins.

 

Without knowing the sailing dates of the advertised cruises, it would be impossible to guess if they will sail.  And that's what it would be.  A guess at best.

 

For us, we will consider coming back to cruising when there is a thoroughly tested vaccine or a cure.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Just received a Memorial Day Sale brochure.  Any idea if those cruises will really go?  No mention of inside cabins.

the brochures may have been  in the works  a few months ago   so the actual  sailings may or may not go

Depends on the dates & the World  situation at the time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

thanks for the responses.  I was curious because this is one of the very few mailouts that I have received ( normally get about 3 a day from various lines) so I thought it might be the result of recent/current plans.  Still get lots of emails but they are basically free with no postage and printing costs, so an actual brochure got my attention.  The sailings listed seemed to be mainly late fall and winter.  Many for Europe.

Edited by happy cruzer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We received a brochure in the mail today, first one in a long time.  It listed lots of cruises from August, 2020 on, basically the entire inventory and schedule, business as usual.  The prices are low and it was fun to fantasize, for a hot minute.  Then I realized that most of these will never sail.  Will borders be open, will convenient flights to and from be available, can one be assured that no one with the virus will board in August/September/October?  So what is going on?  Is this some sort of desperate corporate game to get customers to make deposits and early payments to generate some cash flow?  This left me feeling very cynical and without much love for Oceania.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tv24 said:

We received a brochure in the mail today, first one in a long time.  It listed lots of cruises from August, 2020 on, basically the entire inventory and schedule, business as usual.  The prices are low and it was fun to fantasize, for a hot minute.  Then I realized that most of these will never sail.

I am thinking the brochures  went to the  printers months ago probably  before all the Covid  started in N.A.

Now they are back at work fulfilling the contracts  with the cruise lines

Just my take on it 

 

But  then there could be  a conspiracy to part people with their $$  😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the brochure prices are low, I would assume that somebody knew that it would be hard to fill the ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Fellow Cruisers:

 

We were booked on an August 2021 cruise (Baltics) .  We received a brochure and E-mail from Oceania.  Our category was $1,000 per person less than we had contracted for.  I called our TA and Oceania reduced our costs by the $1,000 per person amount.  We received a new booking contract within minutes of being on the telephone with our TA and Oceania.  We were pleased.

Stay safe!

Irene and Joel Barry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found 2 amazingly priced Mediterranean cruises on Riviera in summer, 2021.  I wasn't planning on booking anything but these prices are too good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

I am thinking the brochures  went to the  printers months ago probably  before all the Covid  started in N.A.

Now they are back at work fulfilling the contracts  with the cruise lines

Just my take on it 

 

But  then there could be  a conspiracy to part people with their $$  😁

I just now received an email with links that brought me to Oceania's web site.  All of the summer 2020 cruises are available on the web site.  So either they need to update their web site, or they are selling cruises that are not likely to sail, and thus in the business of holding customers cash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...