What and when was the last Carnival cruise you took?

mek

Last cruise for us was on the Breeze in March 2020, We were supposed to

be on a B2B, first leg was an Eastern, then were supposed to go on the

western, but the night before we were getting into Port Canaveral, they called

our room and said the cruise was cancelled, disappointed, but understand

they did what they had to do. Will be back though 

March 2018 aboard the Dream out of NOLA. Honeymoon and celebrating my mom's 70th and my sister's 40th B-day. Great times!!! 

Since then we've been on RCCL twice and Celebrity once. We were going to book a Christmas cruise this year on the Vista but around the time when we were going to book Rona decided to pay the world a visit. So we're marking time until all the restrictions are lifted. I don't have the patience to book, rebook, deal with FCC, etc. Ain't nobody got time for that 😏🙁🤯

• Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 5:16 PM, mek said:

So right now everything has stopped and future cruises are totally up in the air.

I thought it might be fun to talk about the last Carnival cruise you took.

Mine was on Elation in February 2020 - 5 nights, eastern Caribbean with few nights post cruise in Orlando where we went to Medieval Times and Sea World. We returned home on 2/15 and it had to be one of the last weeks where people cruised without much thought about the virus.

We had a wonderful trip - 4 generations sailed - 95, 69, 47, 31, and 5 years old.  We will probably never have the opportunity to do that again with the 95 year old, so we were so blessed to be able to complete this trip without any problems.

First and last was over 10 years ago on the Carnival Defeat.  One experience of Carnival and swore never again.  An absolutely appalling experience.  Got off early in Barbados and flew back home.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

Last May we went on our annual cruise. We actually decided to not cruise this year so we could save money but I convinced my husband that we should skip Thanksgiving and Christmas and take a cruise instead. My whole family and some friends are scheduled to go on the Radiance December 5th! We also have one booked May 15th on the Mardi Gras! We are hoping we can still go in December. We love cruising. We actually got married on the Magic in 2017

On 4/14/2020 at 11:36 AM, K&RCurt said:

Our last Carnival Cruise was the Bare Necessities Clothing Optional Charter on the Legend

I betcha that was one cruise The Clothed Cruisers were not stressing over the Chair Hogged Loungers ☠️

18 hours ago, joeyancho said:

And some pool pictures 

They enforced a strickt "No Photo" policy in the public areas.  Most C/O resorts. etc are this way.  If you want to take photos of individuals with their express permission, you must do it where no one else is in the potential field of the photo.

18 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

I betcha that was one cruise The Clothed Cruisers were not stressing over the Chair Hogged Loungers ☠️

Well, no one paid all the extra money to go on this charter to wear clothes around the pool!

One great thing, the Charter Operator had staff actually enforcing the "gone 20 min, the chair is available" policy.  There was never an issue finding a chair that we saw.

7 minutes ago, K&RCurt said:

Well, no one paid all the extra money to go on this charter to wear clothes around the pool!

One great thing, the Charter Operator had staff actually enforcing the "gone 20 min, the chair is available" policy.  There was never an issue finding a chair that we saw.

Did everyone who booked the cruise realize it was clothing optional? Just wondering if the cruise was available to find with a normal search at *****, etc or marketed specifically to those likely interested. Don't many of those conference type cruises have folks not there for whatever specific group they have there?

I found this particularly amusing since I was booked on the Legend for next week on a similar itinerary. I am originally from Tampa Bay (St. Pete) so have lots of friends and family there. The odds of me randomly picking that cruise if it were on one of those sites would be pretty good, especially with that itinerary. That would have been pretty funny to get there not knowing about it. I would certainly welcome avoiding pesky tan lines! I would think it's hard to manage the photo rule with all the smart phones though. 

13 minutes ago, HxFx said:

Did everyone who booked the cruise realize it was clothing optional? Just wondering if the cruise was available to find with a normal search at *****, etc or marketed specifically to those likely interested. Don't many of those conference type cruises have folks not there for whatever specific group they have there?

I found this particularly amusing since I was booked on the Legend for next week on a similar itinerary. I am originally from Tampa Bay (St. Pete) so have lots of friends and family there. The odds of me randomly picking that cruise if it were on one of those sites would be pretty good, especially with that itinerary. That would have been pretty funny to get there not knowing about it. I would certainly welcome avoiding pesky tan lines! I would think it's hard to manage the photo rule with all the smart phones though. 

It was a full ship charter by Bare Necessities, which is a Charter operator that only does full ship clothing optional charters.  Typically there is the one Large ship (This year it was the Legend) that they call "The Big Nude Boat."  2020 was the 30th such large ship charter.  the also usually do a couple sailing vessel charters (this year is supposed to be the Start Clipper in the Med) and a South Pacific charter on the Paul Gauguin that is supposed to be next month.

There is no way you can accidentally book these and everyone knew the deal.  Typically it sells out fairly early.  Next year's "Big Nude Boat" is also on the Legend out of Tampa for 14 days and is 85% sold already.  Unfortunately I can't manage to take off 2 consecutive weeks vacation so we are skipping next year.. 

As for the smart phones, the same folks managing the chairs also have stickers they put over the cameras of anyone who has a cell phone in the public "No Photo Zones."

Edited by K&RCurt
  • Like 1

I was on the Valor out of NOLA March 9th-14th 2020.  When we left you could still get toilet paper but when we got back no toilet paper in sight.

I was suppose to go on the Vista in May cruise out of Galveston that I rebooked for September once Carnival canceled (not too hopeful but you never know).  I also have a cruise with NCL in June from NYC to Bermuda that I am 99.99% sure will be canceled soon. 

I also have an RCL cruise in December I am a little more hopeful for that one but you never know.

it has been a while since my last cruise, it was on the Splendor, out of Miami in 2016, late September ? I think, or early October, cant remember, been that long ago LOL.  It was western Caribbean.  The only reason that I have not cruised since then, is that I am caregiver to two parents, 24/7, with no other family to help, so travel is for me for some time not an option, and of course for all of us, now is not an option.  But as is with all my cruises, I have fond memories, and hope to some day get back to it again, though at the moment am in no hurry, given my personal situation, as well as the the global health/travel restrictions.  Still nice to reminisce on these boards of great cruises in the past, and hopes to some day get back to it.

On 4/13/2020 at 12:16 PM, mek said:

So right now everything has stopped and future cruises are totally up in the air.

I thought it might be fun to talk about the last Carnival cruise you took.

Mine was on Elation in February 2020 - 5 nights, eastern Caribbean with few nights post cruise in Orlando where we went to Medieval Times and Sea World. We returned home on 2/15 and it had to be one of the last weeks where people cruised without much thought about the virus.

We had a wonderful trip - 4 generations sailed - 95, 69, 47, 31, and 5 years old.  We will probably never have the opportunity to do that again with the 95 year old, so we were so blessed to be able to complete this trip without any problems.

My last cruise was on the Glory on February 2, 2020. We came home, unpacked, washed clothes and repacked to get ready to leave in March for a road trip down to Florida to catch our next cruise, a B2B out of Ft Lauderdale on the Magic for April 5 & 11. Well, we all know what happened to that cruise, and that whole road trip, for that matter. As a New Yorker, no state wants us even traveling into their state! We did rebook for a 14 day Journey cruise out of Galveston for January 2021. Sure hoping this virus doesn’t cause us problems in January. 

Ours was  last year about this time.  We went out of FLL on the Conquest.  Went to Princess  Cays, Grand Turk, Curacao, and Aruba.  We enjoyed Curacao and Aruba the best.  We have a trip in 2 years out of Miami on the Horizon, never been out of that port, but looking forward to it.