Excursions from Cancelled Cruises

chasinraynbowz

We were scheduled to go out on May 25 which of course has been cancelled.  I filled out the FCC/OBC form as we want to cruise later.   I then went in and cancelled one of our shore excursions and thought I had better check on that before I go any further.  Since I can't get thru to Carnival right now, can someone who has done this previously tell me what your experience was.  Did you cancel your excursions or did Carnival cancel them for you?  Or do they just move to the next booking if you book the same itinerary.

TIA

We cancelled our cruise and Carnival automatically cancelled to excursions.  We got an email a few days later stating they cancelled our excursions “due to a full-booking cancellation”.

I cancelled excursions prior to the cruise being cancelled by Carnival.  I received an email the next day stating I would receive a refund in 5-7 days.  My PVP said the email  had not been updated to reflect 90 days, the same length as the actual cruise cancellation refunds.  It has been 16 days since I cancelled the excursions and I have not received the refund.

5 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I cancelled excursions prior to the cruise being cancelled by Carnival.  I received an email the next day stating I would receive a refund in 5-7 days.  My PVP said the email  had not been updated to reflect 90 days, the same length as the actual cruise cancellation refunds.  It has been 16 days since I cancelled the excursions and I have not received the refund.

Did you get an email confirmation when you cancelled your excursions . Wondering if it would be a good idea to print everything before cancelling in case you don’t 

35 minutes ago, UrbishN said:

Did you get an email confirmation when you cancelled your excursions . Wondering if it would be a good idea to print everything before cancelling in case you don’t 

It was an email from customerservice@carnival.com, titled “Shore excursion cancellation notification”.  I don’t think there was anything to print at the time I cancelled the excursion, possibly a screen print might have been helpful.  And I was wrong about the date; it was March 14, so 30 days ago.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your answers.  I chose the FCC/OBC option and then went in and cancelled our excursions.  I looked today and our cruise is still showing, so they just haven't gotten to mine yet.  I did get an email last night reading.

As per your request through Carnival.com, your pre-sales order, ###, has been cancelled. A refund has been processed for the credit card(s) and/or Carnival gift card(s) used to make your purchase.

For credit cards, please note this unprecedented situation is delaying our processing times so calling/emailing us will not expedite the process. We appreciate your patience. For Carnival gift cards, you will be receiving a newly issued Carnival gift card as a replacement.

We invite you to check out Carnival.com for our exciting list of activities, excursions, gifts & services that you can purchase prior to boarding, as they are a perfect way to enhance your cruise vacation experience, and we are adding new ones all the time.

I am not in a hurry and know it will take a while to get our money back.  

Can't wait to book again!!!

I haven't been given a time to expect my refund.  They say its been processed, but since I used a credit card, it could be a month or two before I see it.  

I cancelled another cruise on another line and was told it would be at least 20 days (I cancelled on 3/31).  So, we will see how long that one takes.

Good thing I am in no hurry!!!  🙂

35 minutes ago, chasinraynbowz said:

I haven't been given a time to expect my refund.  They say its been processed, but since I used a credit card, it could be a month or two before I see it.  

I cancelled another cruise on another line and was told it would be at least 20 days (I cancelled on 3/31).  So, we will see how long that one takes.

Good thing I am in no hurry!!!  🙂

I was told my excursion refunds could take 120 days 😣

I cancelled/rebooked my June 2020 sailing on the Pride to June 2021, I had FTTF and a Cabana at HMC booked for the original sailing. Those were canceled when the cruise was canceled, refund being issued to original form of payment but according to the agent on the phone "may take several months". I wish they could've just carried over the things I had booked to my new bookings, especially because I got the Cabana 10% with the discount code John Heald posted back around Black Friday.

2 hours ago, RHilla619 said:

I cancelled/rebooked my June 2020 sailing on the Pride to June 2021, I had FTTF and a Cabana at HMC booked for the original sailing. Those were canceled when the cruise was canceled, refund being issued to original form of payment but according to the agent on the phone "may take several months". I wish they could've just carried over the things I had booked to my new bookings, especially because I got the Cabana 10% with the discount code John Heald posted back around Black Friday.

If you apply for the carnival MasterCard you get 10% off all excursions if you use the card . FYI 

On 4/13/2020 at 4:57 PM, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Carnival cancelled our two excursions the day after we rescheduled our March cruise through our TA. But that was over a month ago, and no refunds yet...

Update: We just received a refund for the FTTF we had purchased, but not for the other excursion yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2020 at 12:31 PM, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Update: We just received a refund for the FTTF we had purchased, but not for the other excursion yet.

Update #2: We just received the refund for the shore excursion.

March 11: Rescheduled our cruise (the original sailing for 3/16 was ultimately cancelled when cruising was suspended)

April 17: Refund received for FTTF

April 26: Refund received for shore excursion

• 2 weeks later...

March 9 is when we moved our April 2020 cruise. Haven’t received a refund for FTTF or the two shore excursions yet. Guess I’ll give it the full 90 days before I attempt to call customer service. 

On 4/13/2020 at 4:48 PM, chasinraynbowz said:

We were scheduled to go out on May 25 which of course has been cancelled.  I filled out the FCC/OBC form as we want to cruise later.   I then went in and cancelled one of our shore excursions and thought I had better check on that before I go any further.  Since I can't get thru to Carnival right now, can someone who has done this previously tell me what your experience was.  Did you cancel your excursions or did Carnival cancel them for you?  Or do they just move to the next booking if you book the same itinerary.

TIA

I cancelled my excursions on 18 March, which was for a 10 April cruise. I knew the cruise was going to get cancelled (and it did, 2 days later), so I went ahead and cancelled the excursions myself. I received the excursion refund today. 

My June cruise was cancelled on April 14. I called my pvp which moved all my funds to a future cruise . When she moved the funds , she cancelled the old cruise in the system and the next day I received email confirmation of cancelled excursions. After that , my old cruise was no longer visible on my carnival app. She said my refund may take 120 days . I wonder if your cancelled cruise still shows up if the excursions have been queued up for a refund . They may be cancelling the cruises in the system when they get to it. So when your cruise disappears they have processed your refund . But it seems to still take some time after that happens 

On 4/13/2020 at 4:48 PM, chasinraynbowz said:

TIA

If you still have access to your old booking , I would cancel those excursions . Go to booking details and print them for your records first . So you have a copy . They will disappear . You will get an email confirmation in 24 hrs but it will only include your order number , not much else. This may be faster than waiting for them to cancel them and put you in the queue for your refund 

13 hours ago, samiam0403 said:

I cancelled my excursions on 18 March, which was for a 10 April cruise. I knew the cruise was going to get cancelled (and it did, 2 days later), so I went ahead and cancelled the excursions myself. I received the excursion refund today. 

13 hours ago, UrbishN said:

If you still have access to your old booking , I would cancel those excursions . Go to booking details and print them for your records first . So you have a copy . They will disappear . You will get an email confirmation in 24 hrs but it will only include your order number , not much else. This may be faster than waiting for them to cancel them and put you in the queue for your refund 

Thank you both!  After I posted this, I went ahead and cancelled my excursions.  We rebooked for mid-October and got our booking and OBC all taken care of.  Since the original cruise wasn't scheduled until the end of May and they are just now working on April, I expect it will be another week or two before we see our refunds.  

• Like 1