Princess Cruises UK Claims.

Aulanis

Anyone doing cancellation claims or expenses refund claims on Princess Cruises UK office

I sent off a refund claim  on 22 March and had an auto reply  saying the hoped to

respond in 14 days or definitely within 28 days as per ABTA . 

so  a few more days to go on that.

I do have a problem with our cancellation  claim - we were on the Sea Princess  round Australia

and were dumped off after 7 days.   We were woken at 5am  on 13 March so the captain

could deliver the news and the video from HO . Both said we would leave the ship in Sydney

on 18th but in the meantime enjoy the rest of the cruise and we will be working behind the

scenes so no need to do anything.

Its a long story but the whole thing fell apart over the next 3 days  including them giving

us the wrong claim form as it only related the cancellation of cruises commencing after the 12th.

By the time we got home ( on flights we had to arrange ourselves!)  Our TA and Princess

were totally overwhelmed by claims and queries, but from what others were saying on

Cruise Critic some had used the "wrong Forms" and got an  auto reply which looked ok -

some didnt get anything and some got a response but it didnt have any detail - ship

,date, booking no etc.

I had previously sent the copy of the letter from the ship saying what we could claim and

the "wrong claim" to Princess uk asking if they could get us the correct form or use the

wrong one but using  80% cash 80%FCC  option as per the letter. 

They replied sending another expenses claim form so I sent back asking them to re read

my previous email.

Next they said the would refer it to Guest relations - that is now 22 days ago.! so I dont

know if my claim is being processed or if I will have to start over again.

I know they are under pressure but  they never issue anything to say where they are up

to other than increasing the claims times  30 days - 60 days -  whats next 90 days???.

Sorry its a bit of a rant I should have just left it at the first line 🙂

Edited by Aulanis

On 4/14/2020 at 4:26 AM, Aulanis said:

Anyone doing cancellation claims or expenses refund claims on Princess Cruises UK office

I sent off a refund claim  on 22 March and had an auto reply  saying the hoped to

respond in 14 days or definitely within 28 days as per ABTA . 

so  a few more days to go on that.

I do have a problem with our cancellation  claim - we were on the Sea Princess  round Australia

and were dumped off after 7 days.   We were woken at 5am  on 13 March so the captain

could deliver the news and the video from HO . Both said we would leave the ship in Sydney

on 18th but in the meantime enjoy the rest of the cruise and we will be working behind the

scenes so no need to do anything.

Its a long story but the whole thing fell apart over the next 3 days  including them giving

us the wrong claim form as it only related the cancellation of cruises commencing after the 12th.

By the time we got home ( on flights we had to arrange ourselves!)  Our TA and Princess

were totally overwhelmed by claims and queries, but from what others were saying on

Cruise Critic some had used the "wrong Forms" and got an  auto reply which looked ok -

some didnt get anything and some got a response but it didnt have any detail - ship

,date, booking no etc.

I had previously sent the copy of the letter from the ship saying what we could claim and

the "wrong claim" to Princess uk asking if they could get us the correct form or use the

wrong one but using  80% cash 80%FCC  option as per the letter. 

They replied sending another expenses claim form so I sent back asking them to re read

my previous email.

Next they said the would refer it to Guest relations - that is now 22 days ago.! so I dont

know if my claim is being processed or if I will have to start over again.

I know they are under pressure but  they never issue anything to say where they are up

to other than increasing the claims times  30 days - 60 days -  whats next 90 days???.

Sorry its a bit of a rant I should have just left it at the first line 🙂

Wow, what a nightmare, compared to our experience with Viking

Just disembarked the Viking Sun World Cruise. We missed some ports during the first 1/2 of the cruise, so were provided a Future Cruise Voucher of 30% of cruise fare. No requirement to make a claim, as we received an email from Viking advising the value. It was already in the system, when we booked another cruise on board.

After almost 100  days aboard, we were disembarked early. In addition to the first FCV, they are now providing a FCV for 50% of cruise fare for 26 days + for the 41 days we missed, we can have 100% refund or 125% FCV. No claim required, all we do is call, if we want the refund.

That does seem somewhat simpler 🙂 

I will make the excuse for them that as Princess have more ships and  more cruises   7 day ones and longer ones  split into segments so as inour case some were sailing

from Brisbane some from Sydney some from Melbourne some getting off in Adelaide 

and some in Freemantle  . Also more cruisers.  They should however have more staff and should have been ramping up their game since Diamond went bad on them.

I was hoping for input from UK members as I dont think there were any on our actual cruise ( very few brits at all!) so I could compare progress with the US and Aus claims. 

It has been suggested that Carnival may be now running the show for all their lines so if UK have to report into Princess US  to sanction a refund and they then have to go to Carnival  it may soon be a 120 day job!.

Have to look on the bright side - we were not quarantined on board, or on shore. We havent caught the

virus  on the return plane which was packed full. and we can wait out further lockdowns.

Our Gov.uk have said another 3 weeks  but who knows may be longer.

Edited by Aulanis

On 4/17/2020 at 4:52 AM, Aulanis said:

That does seem somewhat simpler 🙂 

I will make the excuse for them that as Princess have more ships and  more cruises   7 day ones and longer ones  split into segments so as inour case some were sailing

from Brisbane some from Sydney some from Melbourne some getting off in Adelaide 

and some in Freemantle  . Also more cruisers.  They should however have more staff and should have been ramping up their game since Diamond went bad on them.

I was hoping for input from UK members as I dont think there were any on our actual cruise ( very few brits at all!) so I could compare progress with the US and Aus claims. 

It has been suggested that Carnival may be now running the show for all their lines so if UK have to report into Princess US  to sanction a refund and they then have to go to Carnival  it may soon be a 120 day job!.

Have to look on the bright side - we were not quarantined on board, or on shore. We havent caught the

virus  on the return plane which was packed full. and we can wait out further lockdowns.

Our Gov.uk have said another 3 weeks  but who knows may be longer.

While Princess carry more pax, Viking actually has way more ships - 79 river + 6 ocean, at present time.

Sadly, your experience with Princess isn't surprising, as this is part of the reason we no longer sail with them after 40 years of working for and cruising with P&O/Princess. Personally, I suggest it is a bad show that you have to submit a claim, when your cruise was cancelled. Princess should be calling or sending you an email of the refund amount for the unused portion of the cruise and any additional goodwill compensation.

While still on board our ship, once the SE Asia ports were cancelled, we received a letter in the cabin advising of a 30% FCV based on total cruise fare. The actual value was confirmed by email within a week and could be used immediately.

We just got home from Gibraltar on Apr 11th and had the compensation email within 2 days. This is the type of customer service we expect from cruise lines.

Hope you get it resolved and to your satisfaction.

I cant believe that no-one in the UK has not got a refund claim in with Princess.

Know that there are relatively speaking not as many UK CC members as US 

and that they will be watching the Princess Boards but still surprised no-one

from the UK has posted.

On 4/17/2020 at 12:52 PM, Aulanis said:

Found out from our TA that our claim has been transferred to the US!   confirming the rumour.

On the upside they are still talking 60 days.

I have been looking at the "News"  Princess send out.

In particular  the Cruise with Confidence Promotion  14 April.

Sounds great

We have temporarily revised our final payment dates and cancellation policies for voyages through October 15, 2020. As always, any payments made prior to the final payment date are refundable to you in the original method of payment**.

Until you scroll down to the **

**For guests in the UK, deposits will be refunded in the form of a Future Cruise Credit (FCC).

I suppose that is a fractional improvement on losing it all  but  as it is just temporary why couldnt they extend it fully to the UK.   Not everyone wants or is able to just keep stacking up future cruise credits.   

Edited by Aulanis

I got a refund to my credit card a few days after I  cancelled on March 12th,then I refunded that to my bank account.  The refund was for about 60-75%of the total cost ,minus the cancellation fee part ,which I was assured that I would get that back in the shape of FCC. I'm still waiting for that bit.

Hi

We are from the UK and waiting on a full refund as Princess cancelled our 1st March Sapphire cruise on 16th February I have a letter stating it will be processed automatically via the method of payment, also we will receive a 50% FCC which we can use on any existing booking not yet paid in full. (We are due to sail Singapore to OZ 11th November with Princess) We booked through TA and is ATOL protected, but had thought we would have had refund before now, and have just had a response from another member due to sail on cruise before us that no refund there either!!

As the cruise was cancelled we booked a Caribbean cruise leaving 5th March on Crown for 20 days, we had the 1st leg then all cruises cancelled, so we also have a 10 day refund which we have chosen to take as FCC as we were offered 225%

Hopefully all sorted soon:classic_smile:

I am not often on cruise critic so not used to the boards etc sorry

3 hours ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

I got a refund to my credit card a few days after I  cancelled on March 12th,then I refunded that to my bank account.  The refund was for about 60-75%of the total cost ,minus the cancellation fee part ,which I was assured that I would get that back in the shape of FCC. I'm still waiting for that bit.

Hi   I dont want to get your hopes up  but if you look at  Q3 in the faq on this page

https://www.princess.com/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/

it suggests you may be able to claim more?

The section you need to look in to see what you might have got if you had waited until

Princess extended  to June  is the top one - I read that heading  a number of times

before I realised it didnt just relate to Australian cruises!

so here

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/extension-voluntary-pause-2020.pdf

Maybe I mis understood it but if not worth a try 😉

Hi @pines46   see you found us- welcome  CC is not easy to get around unless you spend a lot of time practicing. 

One thing it used to be that if you posted you were automatically "following" a thread and would get updates. Now it seems a bit hit and miss.

If you scroll up to the top  right side above the blue "reply to this topic" there is the  word "Follow" or if you are- " Following" - I think yours will say Follow  so if you click on that you can set if if you want to get emails when someone replies on the thread (if you want)

If you want to stop you can use the same  thing to stop messages.

As regard your refund - if you booked and paid a TA for the cruise who then paid it forward to Princess then it will be refunded back to your TA.

Our cruise was on 12 March but cancelled mid cruise so we didnt get to claim until around the 23rd March.  Princess UK have not been good at keeping us informed but when I eventually contacted our TA they have found out that claims sent to the UK office are forwarded to

th US for Processing.  In our case they have advised we should soon get our FCCs and the cash element will be sent to the TA a week later.

(who will forward it to us)

They also said we should get an email when PCUK add our FCCs  but you can keep checking in Captains Circle  to see if anything shows there.

As you started earlier your claim should be well on its way so I would get on to your TA and ask them to ask Princess if there is a problem.  ( May be a "Jog" if they are already holding your money -( I have read a few TAs are hanging onto the payments a bit longer than they should)

Just to advise  whilst our TA replied in around 10 days the auto reply  said ABTA has told them they now only need to respond to a query in 56 days!!!.

Edited by Aulanis
spelling

• 2 weeks later...

Deafening sound of silence here  :}

There must be someone else having to claim a refund from Princess UK.

Have not noticed any Brits in the main Princess Refund threads.

Perhaps all are going via TA   - if so how are you getting on?

• Like 1

I’m waiting for a refund, our cruise should have been 25th April, we replied immediately on 12th March to have cash refund, at that stage it was 60 days, but so far only just received an email saying ‘you are in the queue and thank you for being patient’. My patience is running out mainly due to lack of communication. They just repeat they are refunding in cruise date order, but even on the main Princess Board no-one seems to have received anything. Frustrating. 

• Like 1

Well almost another week gone by  I have still got nothing from Princess - they have my refund claim

but the person handling went out of office  on the 8th May and  main office have not replied either.

Anyone making any progress at all?  there does seem to be a few odd parts of refunds being received.

60 days + now for my FCC to be applied.It's small fry to some but its the principal of the thing.I emailed a bunch of people at Princess this week but just received standard blah blah blah  replies,thanking me for my patience. Shoddy communication  is proving to be one of their down sides. An honest  approach,even though might have been annoying,in relation to the time scale, would have made the whole situation a BIT better.

Edited by ohnonotmeagain

That is good news - did you deal direct with PCUK or via your TA?

I am getting worried as PCUK is getting more & more difficult to contact

and Princess keep changing the goalposts re claims.

We were in Oz on a cruise when it was cancelled  and they cant seem to work

out the number of days or the percentage of refund. Also they dont seem to

want to pay for our return air fare, so not happy with them at the moment.

34 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

That is good news - did you deal direct with PCUK or via your TA?

I am getting worried as PCUK is getting more & more difficult to contact

and Princess keep changing the goalposts re claims.

We were in Oz on a cruise when it was cancelled  and they cant seem to work

out the number of days or the percentage of refund. Also they dont seem to

want to pay for our return air fare, so not happy with them at the moment.

I selected my option from the email that Princess sent on 12 March. I had an immediate confirmation email stating my selection,  about a week later updated the TA with my choice. Trying to get updates is a waste of time.  PCUK said contact TA and TA said they don't know! Last update from the TA was last Friday when they were told that they could confirm receipt of the option request -but no processing had yet been done or timescale could be given. 

I think that I read that all claims are being handled in the US now.  I believe it is true  that admin wise that they are in total disarray and overwhelmed. However Initial delays were undoubtedly caused by lack of liquidity but that now seems to have been sorted - at least until next year.

There is absolutely no excuse for the lack communication or the ever shifting goalposts. Tell me 3 months from the outset and I could live with that, but not 30 days, 30 working days, 60 days, 60 working days etc etc. 

Good luck

I rang last weekend having gone over the 60 days, she did say that the form I completed and had acknowledge for on the 12th March was actually registered on the 20th so it would be 60 days from then and she said I should have something the following week, which has now gone by and not received it. But my FCC credits appeared last night as did husbands which is  step forward. They did put a post out about new refund method and people are slowly getting them through so fingers crossed. 

Edited by Rascal1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 11:18 AM, Aulanis said:

I cant believe that no-one in the UK has not got a refund claim in with Princess.

Know that there are relatively speaking not as many UK CC members as US 

and that they will be watching the Princess Boards but still surprised no-one

from the UK has posted.

Sorry just found this thread, have been waiting since 18th March

Just found this thread, we were due to board Coral Princess in Buenos Aires on the 19th March, we were there a week before when we received a text to say cruises cancelled, we had to get back to UK as our flights were booked back to the UK from Miami, where the cruise was supposed to finish, as we couldn't get in touch with BA we purchased 2 flights back home, so far we have had an email from Princess saying that they have agreed our claim for the difference between our original flights and the new ones, the difference being £600.00 and that the cheque will be following, we hope, as regards to the FCC etc nothing, its now over 90 days.  are there any brits on this thread that have had their FCC or refunds yet.