Carnaval expected to cruise again sooner than ppl think.

seaman11

How many of those proposed ports will actually be open? And I saw a cruise from New Orleans, isn't that  at  present an epiceneter of the virus? How does the governor of Florida feel about cruisers flying into Fort Lauderdale or getting off at the port of Key West?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

I wish Carnival every success in getting all those cruises off to a start

on the dates stated!

If successful, this would be A Big Thing for the industry!

well i dont think they will start full swing, only a few select ports and limited pax on board at first. 

NY and alaska i think they are out, as well as cruises to canada. 

Edited by seaman11

2 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

well I don't think they will start full swing,

only a few select ports and limited pax on board at first. 

NY and Alaska I think they are out, as well as cruises to Canada. ==> Probably

I think I counted 27 names of ships in that list.
Heck, even if they accomplish half those, it would be a good resumption!

Canada cruises usually go out of NYC? which seems unlikely at the moment..

Realize that this is the 3rd time they have posted expected sailing dates after cruises were canceled in March, then April and now May and most of June. Expecting to and actually sailing are very different things. Hopefully they will, but I doubt many, if any of those listed will sail on those dates. There are a lot of logistics and requirements to start sailing again - getting all crew members on board, having the departure ports open, flights to the departure cities being available for passengers, etc. I see these postings of sail dates as more of a PR and sales pitch to keep customers hopeful and possibly have some new bookings to keep some new cash coming in.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

We are booked on the first restart day, June 27th on the Panorama. I'm hoping we can cruise because this is my family's only true away from home vacation all year where we spend a week or a little over together based on work schedules, kids sports, etc..  If we don't sail I'll work. No need to waste 12 days vacation time. There are just so many factors that others have mentioned to make things happen. Flights from east coast, ports being open, long beach actually being open crew. I actually signed up for there local long beach news patch and based on daily mail I get from them things are still not great there. If we don't sail we do already have two booked on Mardi Gras next year, but we'll have to wait until June 2021 for the first one. Be safe everyone.

• Like 1

Arnold Donald, the CEO of CCL, said today on CNBC that there will be no sailings until social gatherings are deemed safe by the governing entities.  He also said that cruising by default leads to social gatherings so I am not expecting cruising to start any time soon.  CCL took on $6 Billion in debt at high rates to last out 2020 and I don't think they would have taken on that debt if they felt it wasn't needed.

Edited by bluesea321
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Cruise-Crazy said:

Might be some deals. 

Yes.  Your cruise could very well be extended and medical care might or might not be available.   Maybe return to port of departure or maybe not.  Sounds like a good deal to me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wish I could believe that but since they also said they were restarting in April and again in May I'm trigger shy (not saying it's their fault of course).  I really want to rebook in July since our April, then June, cruises were cancelled but holding off for now.

Nobody should care when Carnival says it will start cruising again. Because Carnival isn't calling the shots.

The CDC (and its enforcement partner, the U.S. Coast Guard) will make that decision domestically ... and other countries' port authorities will make the decisions there. Carnival, Royal and NCL are just along for the ride.

Read through the CDC order again. Those requirements won't magically disappear June 28, folks. And the CDC won't suddenly declare "yippee, global health emergency over!! Go back to living like you did in January."

Because COVID-19 simply isn't vanishing this year.

Cruise ships aren't going anywhere for quite some time. Bank on it.

Edited by EscapeFromConnecticut
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bluesea321 said:

Arnold Donald, the CEO of CCL, said today on CNBC that there will be no sailings until social gatherings are deemed safe by the governing entities.  He also said that cruising by default leads to social gatherings so I am not expecting cruising to start any time soon.  CCL took on $6 Billion in debt at high rates to last out 2020 and I don't think they would have taken on that debt if they felt it wasn't needed.

The interview of Mr. Donald, the CEO of CCL, can be watched here.  Looks like cruises may not go until social gatherings are deemed safe.  May be a while.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/14/carnival-ceo-despite-devastating-coronavirus-2021-cruise-bookings-are-strong.html

4 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

In my mind that list is a best case scenario.  I doubt that it's a likely scenario.  I would so like to be wrong.

I'm beginning to believe our September cruise is in question.

Our Sep one as well

I LOVE cruising and go annually but I very much doubt this. We live in MA and I’m a teacher. We aren’t even sure about school starting up in the fall on time and with full attendance due to the number of staff and children. I don’t see how it’s safe to sail large numbers when schools, colleges, and businesses are all in limbo. It’s a great thing to hope for but I highly doubt it! My cruise was canceled for April 2020 and I’m not even sure I feel comfortable sailing next April. We have a very long way to go health and safety wise. 

• Like 2