CDC Updates Issued 4/15

46 minutes ago, The Grumpus said:

So what does it say then?  It wants me to download to see it and I don't make a habit of downloading some thing when I'm not sure of it's source.  

The website is the U.S. Federal Register, with a .gov so I think you're pretty safe.

Here is some of the page

image.thumb.png.82f5aee69ef3ed9651e12edf93f237fc.png

• Like 2

You can go to my website:  IR$.gov  &  give me your name, SSN, birthdate, & bank routing account #, so I can safely direct deposit your stimulus check today, so you can then upgrade to a suite on your cruise next  week ....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Looks like there will be a floating hospital ship  picking up sick passengers 🧐

“An outbreak management and response plan to provision and assist an affected cruise ship that relies on industry resources, e.g., mobilization of additional cruise ships or other vessels to act as “hospital” ship for the infected, “quarantine” ship for the exposed, and “residential” ship for those providing care and treatment, including the ability to transport individuals between ships as needed;”

This is the same news as in several other threads for the last week.  It is just getting published in the FR today, to make it official.  Shortly after, Royal will make the next round of cancellations, and promise your refunds by Christmas.

They will not commit to which Christmas though.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

14 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I thought that was covered with the OP’s post?  Looks to be the same link. 

It's the same link however the link when posted by the OP was the previous unpublished document scheduled to be published today -- it was just now updated to a PUBLISHED document.  See post #3 by adidas5676 who took a screenshot of the previous document. 

The 100 day count begins today.  Friday, July 24, 2020 is 100 days from today. 

Edited by livingonthebeach
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

It's the same link however the link when posted by the OP was the previous unpublished document scheduled to be published today -- it was just now updated to a PUBLISHED document.  See post #3 by adidas5676 who took a screenshot of the previous document. 

The 100 day count begins today.  Friday, July 24, 2020 is 100 days from today. 

Correct

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Screen shot as of now of RCCL updates -- guess they are not following the federal register.

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 8.38.14 AM.png

Neither are the majority of other cruiselines.  I would expect an announcement within the next day now that it has been officially published. 

Neither is Carnival or Princess as their extension does not go until July. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, bigrednole said:

CDC announced this last week with the official 100 days starting today. Just because it is there today does not mean it is new news.

True, however, it doesn't officially start until the document is published.  Anything can happen before -- withdrawal, changes, etc.  It can still be withdrawn at anytime although at this point it doesn't seem likely.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

CDC announced this last week with the official 100 days starting today. Just because it is there today does not mean it is new news.

The version published 4/9 had been withdrawn. It is news that it is published today as many people had thought it already was published and/or started in March 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Neither are the majority of other cruiselines.  I would expect an announcement within the next day now that it has been officially published. 

Neither is Carnival or Princess as their extension does not go until July. 

True -- they are just as opaque.  HAL (Carnival) at least cancelled all its Summer Alaska cruises. 

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Does this mean Royal no longer offering refunds or that part didn’t make the photo crop?

Here's the link -- that's all that's there for now. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

If you click on the read more button it does offer a refund as well. 

Edited by livingonthebeach

As predicted.  Looks the same as before.  The idea that they would alleviate some of their requirements that some people were floating around was a little mind boggling given that in the last week the cruiselines only had more bad news

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Here's the link -- that's all that's there for now. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

Thanks for the link. If you click on read more, they bury the refund offer in the lower part. It does extend the refund date but it’s a little confusing to me. They say you can choose a refund up until 12/31/2021 to request a refund???  It says payment should be received in 30 days after request. 

2F7C02A0-B234-4336-A8A8-D1A06CF2D945.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Interesting.  We're re-booked on the Freedom out of San Juan on July 26th.  We'll keep a close eye on how this is all going to shake out.

Dan

Given the fact I don’t see a fleet of hospital ships, quarantine ships, medical ships and the cruiselines installing a fully functional hospital equivalent to a land based hospital on every ship by July 26th, I am guessing that that cruise is sadly likely not going to happen.   

I hope it does as that means covid just disappeared from the face of the earth,  but the chances are sadly looking pretty slim.

• Like 3