CDC Updates Issued 4/15

24 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

The food industry is the WORST! I’m all for trying to help local restaurants stay open, but at the same time am shocked at how many people are ordering take out right now.

I have seen some very, very bad food service operations, and many others that stress cleanliness.  Not in all cases, but in many the workers learn from habits of the boss.  The boss could be a manager or the owner.  

If cleanliness is stressed, the floors are clean, restrooms clean, kitchen clean.  Now many times during a lunch or dinner rush, sure some trash can fall on the floor....but if the underlying floor and all else is regularly cleaned, that bit of trash should not bother.

Thirty, fourth years ago...many of the fast food restaurants would flood their floors with cleaning solution and scrub every night.  Nowadays,  heck I can almost ice skate over floors that ....who knows...was the last time cleaned.  I always tell my wife, the cleanliness of the bathrooms speaks volumes. 

Needless to say, there are some restaurants I avoid because of visual scan. On the opposite side, I have been on many cruises and do not doubt their cleanliness.  Have you seen those kitchen floors....you could eat off them.  

Eddie

Edited by Eddie Wilson

Hi SNIT13--

Thanks for the comment about Jewel being a sister ship for Brilliance. I was confusing her with Vision, which is the smaller class ship.

Chances are I'll plan this Baltic itinerary again, but clearly there will be a lot of changes to the travel industry.  Meantime we'll look back at our photos and memories of our many cruises and land explorations and be thankful that we're still among the healthy.

Barb

2 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I'm not a fan of taking a one off situation and extrapolating it to the entire food industry.

Dan

I don’t disagree with your sentiment. My point was more that, knowing what’s possible, I wouldn’t take the risk. 

I used that one example, but I have a close business relationship with several restaurant owners and other caterers in my area, and while this one particular business is the worst I’ve seen/heard of, it’s not the only instance of health risk going on in the food industry right now, and I for one, am not eating out. This is all off topic though, sorry 😃.

• Like 1

Random Traveler, not entirely off topic, I was curious if CDC would also address the airlines, restaurants, and hotels on a lesser scale, but proportional.  I received another e-mail this morning from and airline that says, we will be clean now, .....and my follow up is, ......why weren't you clean before? 

Heck the cruise industry has stressed cleanliness, yet they get these CDC requirements.  

• Like 1