NO REFUND FOR DUTCH GUESTS???

Medusa

54 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Rest In Peace RCMP Constable Heidi Stevenson, as well as the other victims of the senseless shooting in Nova Scotia😔

Thank you for that acknowledgement and tribute, Copper.  

All of Canada, from sea to sea to sea, has been shaken by the horrific events in Nova Scotia, even those of us who are far removed geographically..  I can't imagine what the people of Nova Scotia, members of the RCMP,  and the friends and families of the victims, are feeling  😥 

Edited by VennDiagram
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

Rest In Peace RCMP Constable Heidi Stevenson, as well as the other victims of the senseless shooting in Nova Scotia😔

Image may contain: one or more people and horse

Thank you John.

this is a truly horrific event for all of Canada.  I lived in Truro Nova Scotia for many years and this community is very close by.  It’s an area where there is no violence, no one worries and no one typically locks their doors until bed time.

To be told to lock your doors, barricade and get in the basement is unknown to this area.

To lose so many to such senseless violence is unknown throughout the Maritimes and Canada.

The sad fact is that the RCMP and police are still searching for more bodies.  There are burnt houses and a lot of fear.

I commend the decision NOT to publish this mass murderer’s name or picture and instead, we are commemorating those lost by all means possible including FB.

It is truly a sad day for all of us in Canada as we mourn with the families who have lost loved ones including Heidi, an RCMP officer with 23 years service and a mother and a beloved teacher who will be sorely missed along with the other victims. ❤️ 

Sadder still is that with covid 19, there can be no memorials, no special tributes.  Very, very sad indeed.  😥🥵😩

our hearts go out to all the victims and their families 💞💓

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, kazu said:

Sadder still is that with covid 19, there can be no memorials, no special tributes.  Very, very sad indeed.  😥🥵😩

I was thinking about this, too.  People who desperately need human contact -- hugs, a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold -- cannot have it 😞 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/15/2020 at 3:35 PM, Despegue said:

...... (fighter) pilots.......

Seriously?  No, that would be the Israelis.  Can you land an F-15 with an entire wing knocked off just outboard of the intake?

On 4/21/2020 at 6:23 PM, Av8rix said:

Seriously?  No, that would be the Israelis.  Can you land an F-15 with an entire wing knocked off just outboard of the intake?

First of all, my comments were tongue in cheek ,😉

secondly, the Israelis are indeed proficient, ( although they never clean up after themselves, like in the sim. 😏) but look at my former Aero and Test-pilot qualification  Instructor Frank de Winne, the World’s first Non-US ISS Commander.

On 12 February 1997 De Winne encountered engine problems while flying in an F-16 Fighting Falcon over densely populated area near Leeuwarden. After the onboard computer failed, De Winne was faced with the choice of crashing in the IJsselmeer or of ejecting over densely populated area. However, De Winne was able to land his crippled plane at a Dutch Air Base, a feat which earned him the Joe Bill Dryden Semper Viper Award, the first non-American ever to get this award.[3]

Just sayin’ 🤪🤪😇

and just joking . Relax.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Despegue said:

First of all, my comments were tongue in cheek ,😉

secondly, the Israelis are indeed proficient, ( although they never clean up after themselves, like in the sim. 😏) but look at my former Aero and Test-pilot qualification  Instructor Frank de Winne, the World’s first Non-US ISS Commander.

On 12 February 1997 De Winne encountered engine problems while flying in an F-16 Fighting Falcon over densely populated area near Leeuwarden. After the onboard computer failed, De Winne was faced with the choice of crashing in the IJsselmeer or of ejecting over densely populated area. However, De Winne was able to land his crippled plane at a Dutch Air Base, a feat which earned him the Joe Bill Dryden Semper Viper Award, the first non-American ever to get this award.[3]

Just sayin’ 🤪🤪😇

and just joking . Relax.

Just curious; did Major de Winne take a wrong turn, or miss his Freeway offramp, in order to wind up at Vlb Leeuwarden in the far north of Holland as opposed to Beavechain AB or Kleine Brogel AB in Belgium?? 😉 Also, please do not forget Wubbo Ockels and Andre Kuipers 🙃

Back to our regular programming 

• Like 1