Are we the only one who hasn't received refund?

On March 24th I received the email about requesting refund and the link to the form. I filled out form for our 4/11 cruise for my self and the couple traveling with us. She received her refund in full May 1st. I received partial refund May 5 and remaining refund today 5/7. I knew mine would take longer because it was being credited back to a closed debit card. Our cruise planner purchases took a few days longer than theirs even though it was done at the same time. I do feel better about Royal Caribbean now and even looked at booking next year but can not find the deal we had on our canceled cruise so I will probably go back to Carnival. By the way, we have relatives that were booked on Carnival cruise the same week as our cruise, they received their money back in three days of it being canceled. Just something to think about.   

We requested a refund on March 28th for our April 12 cruise. Refunds were made to the two cards used but we also are about $1,400 short. They appear to have refunded charges that were on the Master Card to AMEX and vice versa. I guess they confused themselves and stopped. My husband will be calling them if nothing else shows up the next day or two. He is the patient one[emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were traveling in a group doing a back-to-back. One person requested a refund for both cruises, other two cabins went with the FCC. So far we've gotten all the FCCs in full and the one refund in full, but no cruise planner refunds yet.

Just spoke to customer service after a relatively short hold time (about 10 minutes).  Was told the third of my three cruises was processed last night and that it should hit my RC credit card within a week.

Gotta love how the 3-5 days is now 7 and the "call your bank" didn't yield any results whatsoever.

Then the Rep said something weird, "You can add an order of chocolate covered strawberries to your reservation when you make your booking."  I wasn't sure if this was just a sales pitch for Gifts & Gear or if I'm getting free strawberries next cruise...?  The money was a bit off but with all the tax changes and room flips it was close enough

Anyone have trouble getting refunds on excursions? We cancelled one, was booked for 3 people, they only refunded 1 of the 3. I've been holding off on calling; I figure if I don't see anything in a week I'll call. 

1 hour ago, Meekomist said:

Anyone have trouble getting refunds on excursions? We cancelled one, was booked for 3 people, they only refunded 1 of the 3. I've been holding off on calling; I figure if I don't see anything in a week I'll call. 

Fortunately all of my shore excursions and cruise planner items have been refunded and fairly quickly- about 2-3 weeks after request, but they come back in weird credit amounts.  I've had to make a literal flow sheet to keep track of it.  I'd give it some time depending on how long ago you received the one credit ... good luck

• Like 1

Anyone haven’t got the refund for March cruise yet? I submitted the request in mid March for the March 29’s cruise. Only got an apology email last week, but no further updates or refund. Called RCL today, and they said I should be able to see the refund in two weeks.

25 minutes ago, pineapple666 said:

Anyone haven’t got the refund for March cruise yet? I submitted the request in mid March for the March 29’s cruise. Only got an apology email last week, but no further updates or refund. Called RCL today, and they said I should be able to see the refund in two weeks.

Still waiting for refund on March 29 cruise also.

I emailed Aurora directly, she was the lady who sent the “sorry” letters to everyone 

I was delightfully surprised she answered the next day and confirmed what another customer service rep said

Our third cruise has been refunded and should hit the RC credit card tomorrow 

The first credit card refund hit my bank today, the others will be Monday.  No sign of the funds from the third cruise that Aurora said have already processed... I'll check back tomorrow...

9 hours ago, stompy said:

I emailed Aurora directly, she was the lady who sent the “sorry” letters to everyone 

I was delightfully surprised she answered the next day and confirmed what another customer service rep said

Can you please post Aurora email. 

Still waiting for the refund of port charge/taxes from an Anthem sailing March 22 that Royal cancelled. 

On the other hand, I did get a refund of a deposit on a Celebrity cruise that I cancelled in April,  but on my credit card statement it’s listed as Royal Caribbean, not Celebrity. I have never had that happen before. I thought they ran as separate entities. 

Edited by RosieRoo

11 hours ago, stompy said:

I've emailed Aurora 3 times now. Crickets...................

I've started to to get a trickling of refunds today crom my canceled April Oasis cruise. All in seemingly random amounts. $200 here....$400 there...$100 here and there.... is this normal? So far it totals about a third of my cruise cost.

4 hours ago, RWMike said:

I've emailed Aurora 3 times now. Crickets...................

Update....Received the following today.

We'll see what Monday brings.

Hello,

I am sorry for not updating you sooner, but I have been diligently working with our accounting department to have your refund included in our next batch, which goes out on Sunday. I have just gotten confirmation that it will in fact go out this Sunday, and it is being disbursed to your financial institution.

So after Sunday, it will be in your bank’s hands. I am so sorry for the delay and the stress this has caused. I hope that you and your family are staying safe and healthy.

Carlos Jimenez | Sr. Manager, Guest Experience

18 minutes ago, RWMike said:

Update....Received the following today.

We'll see what Monday brings.

Hello,

I am sorry for not updating you sooner, but I have been diligently working with our accounting department to have your refund included in our next batch, which goes out on Sunday. I have just gotten confirmation that it will in fact go out this Sunday, and it is being disbursed to your financial institution.

So after Sunday, it will be in your bank’s hands. I am so sorry for the delay and the stress this has caused. I hope that you and your family are staying safe and healthy.

Carlos Jimenez | Sr. Manager, Guest Experience

When did you cancel your cruise?

the last email I got from Carlos said the 3rd cruise was done on the 6th and that it should hit my bank soon.  The others were done on the 3rd and hit on the 6th so that means the 9th for this last one and because it is a weekend we should see it hit Monday morning.

So far only one of the 3 cards has sent the refund to my actually checking account, and that one is still pending so I can't quite get to the money yet...