Are we the only one who hasn't received refund?

1 hour ago, TheMiz said:

If your TA charged you a commission that is WRONG 

Some TAs get their commission directly from the customer without it being laundered via RCI - it's the same amount that RCI would eventual pay the TA, it's just that they get it up front from the customer. Nothing wrong with that and in a case like this you get that portion refunded much faster than RCI.

Edited by Biker19

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Some TAs get their commission directly from the customer without it being laundered via RCI - it's the same amount that RCI would eventual pay the TA, it's just that they get up front from the customer. Nothing wrong with that.

I am lucky the agency I worked for paid me commissions when they came in normally with in 7 days after final payment.

For those of you that received refunds on different dates, what was the time frame between each refund (for the same booking)? I’m still waiting on about a third of our refund. The total amount I was quoted by one of the csrs I spoke to matched what I should be receiving. It’s been a week and I still haven’t seen the remainder. 

1 hour ago, Kteacher said:

For those of you that received refunds on different dates, what was the time frame between each refund (for the same booking)? I’m still waiting on about a third of our refund. The total amount I was quoted by one of the csrs I spoke to matched what I should be receiving. It’s been a week and I still haven’t seen the remainder. 

Great question. I’d like to know as well. I’m debating opening a trip cancellation claim w/ my credit card issuer. 

• Like 1

Curious if anyone has received refunds yet who were issued an FCC automatically but then requested the refund?  Our cruises on March 15 & 22 haven’t been refunded yet but we got the automatic FCC quite quickly.  On March 25th I requested the refund for both of them and haven’t received a thing yet.  I’m just wondering if the FCC confused the process and I should be calling or if I need to just be patient longer.

Edited by Pianogrl44

I sent this to my TA this morning:

"On March 24, I requested a refund of my April 12 Empress of the Seas cruise, using Royal Caribbean's online form.  On May 6, I received partial refunds:  $126.72 (apparently the taxes/fees) and $117.38 (no idea what this was for - I had already cancelled my Cruise Planner items and received those refunds).  I've been waiting for the balance of around $500 and check my credit card daily.  Can you help?  I tried calling RC but gave up after being on hold for a very long time.  I appreciate any assistance you can provide.  Thank you."

I received this reply:

"Yes the wait times for the cruise line are appox 3 hours.

We did receive a email from them over the weekend that refunds were processed incorrectly and they are in the process of correcting that. You should be receiving a refund approx May 31st for the balance. I would expect that it will be later than that but the cruise line did catch that mistake."

So I guess the wait continues!  I am glad my TA replied so quickly.  It's the first time I used this agency and at least they're more responsive than RC has been.

3 hours ago, Kteacher said:

We filed a chargeback for our remaining amount due. They refunded us all but $2,000 and to be honest, I got tired of waiting for it. I filed the chargeback on the 5th and am still waiting on confirmation that it was successful. They contacted RCL but are waiting to hear back from them.

I also had to file a chargeback on our water park passes and cabana as that never was refunded. After waiting a month for it and seeing here that most people were getting refunds within 10 days of cancelling, I did a chargeback. That chargeback was successful. 

Still waiting for refund of our May 2 cruise that was cancelled and refund requested on March 24. Tomorrow it will be 8 weeks. I emailed my travel agency about it, and they suggested I contact my bank and "protest the charge."

5 hours ago, NancyIL said:

Still waiting for refund of our May 2 cruise that was cancelled and refund requested on March 24. Tomorrow it will be 8 weeks. I emailed my travel agency about it, and they suggested I contact my bank and "protest the charge."

We cancelled our Dec.2020 cruise on April 24.On May 6 the refund was issued and we received our money back today.

On 5/16/2020 at 12:14 PM, torpeedo said:

We received below email on May 6.  So this is the end of the week they were referring to and zero.  I'm not calling my bank or card because I'm sure if they had received the credit, it would have been posted.  Another stall I guess?? Did anyone get this email and actually receive the refund?

Dear Guest,

As promised, we are following up on last week’s refund update, where we shared that we needed some extra time due to volume. Your refund is currently being processed and disbursement will occur by the end of this week, which means you’ll see your refund in your account sometime next week. If you don’t, be sure to contact your banking institution for an update. 

We hope that amidst this global pandemic, you continue to remain healthy and safe and we remain optimistic that each day that passes, is another day closer to joining us back on the high seas! 

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

I did and received my refunds within 10 days.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

We cancelled our Dec.2020 cruise on April 24.On May 6 the refund was issued and we received our money back today.

I called my credit card company today about the May cruise that RCI cancelled in March. Hopefully Chase will light a fire under RCI to refund our money! Meanwhile, I cancelled an October 2020 cruise with a refundable deposit on May 7, so it will be interesting to see which cruise refund appears first!

24 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

I called my credit card company today about the May cruise that RCI cancelled in March. Hopefully Chase will light a fire under RCI to refund our money! Meanwhile, I cancelled an October 2020 cruise with a refundable deposit on May 7, so it will be interesting to see which cruise refund appears first!

I initially called RCI and after 30 seconds spoke to a very nice woman .She told me that I would receive the refund by July 24 and sent an e-mail stating the same thing.Then I called my TA who said that she would call RCI and she was told that I would get the refund within 30 days.She was right.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pianogrl44 said:

Curious if anyone has received refunds yet who were issued an FCC automatically but then requested the refund?  Our cruises on March 15 & 22 haven’t been refunded yet but we got the automatic FCC quite quickly.  On March 25th I requested the refund for both of them and haven’t received a thing yet.  I’m just wondering if the FCC confused the process and I should be calling or if I need to just be patient longer.

We did!  Requested refund from FCC on May 1, and refund posted to CC on May 16!  Great job Royal!!👍

Just received most of our refund for our cancelled 5/17 Oasis cruise.  We submitted the refund request on 4/17, and credit was posted on our credit card account on 5/13, so faster than expected.

For 4 passengers in 2 cabins, it was in 4 pieces - two were the port fees/taxes, two were the cruise fares, which were short some $400ish. Called Royal, and the agent could only give "limited information" because it was booked thru a TA (Costco). She said they are aware that there was a "general error" in processing the refunds, and we should have the rest by the end of the month.  I suspect it has something to do with the commission to the TA.

12 hours ago, NancyIL said:

When I checked our credit card account this morning, there were 2 credits for $450 each. However, I'm reasonably sure that's the deposit refund for our Oct. 2020 cruise that I cancelled on May 7. Quick work on that refund, but still waiting for the refund of our cancelled May 2 cruise.

On 4/15/2020 at 8:16 AM, jknc said:

60 days for a refund is asinine.

I hope y’all remember that next time you consider booking a cruise.

Not when you're having to deal with several thousands of cancellations...You're being a little unreasonable aren't you?  Give them some slack.

On 5/16/2020 at 1:57 PM, oceanlovinmama said:

Some travel agencies only have to pay net so they keep their commission..therefore they would need to refund the difference.  Not a good way to do business.  We pay the cruiseline directly from your credit card then after you travel we get a small commission...our commission is usually protected if the cruiseline cancelled the cruise and final payment had been made.  The charges everyone is seeing is because it’s coming from different departments, so one is the sales tax and port fees, one is the cruise fare and one is the commission.  Some are getting 3 while others 6 refunds...guess it depends on who is doing it!

I recognize your screen name from somewhere but for the life of me I can’t remember where?? 😇

48 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

60 days for a refund is asinine.

I agree, I believe 60 days regardless of the amount of cancellations is unreasonable.  Day 51 of the promised 30 day refund and we're still waiting.  I'd be happy with the promised follow up e-mail to update us on the status of our delayed refund that we were supposed to receive on May 6th.  I'm glad that some have posted a screen shot of that follow up e-mail that we never received so we at least know its content.  It's sad but CC is becoming my go to for information on refunds and communications since RCI has not delivered. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, JeffT237 said:

I agree, I believe 60 days regardless of the amount of cancellations is unreasonable.  Day 51 of the promised 30 day refund and we're still waiting.  I'd be happy with the promised follow up e-mail to update us on the status of our delayed refund that we were supposed to receive on May 6th.  I'm glad that some have posted a screen shot of that follow up e-mail that we never received so we at least know its content.  It's sad but CC is becoming my go to for information on refunds and communications since RCI has not delivered. 

I am still waiting on $600 and daughter is waiting for  her refunds on what she paid in. Last week for me was #58 days when I got most of mine in. 

4 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

I am still waiting on $600 and daughter is waiting for  her refunds on what she paid in. Last week for me was #58 days when I got most of mine in. 

I also agree 60 days without any communication from Royal or from our online TA is asinine. Today makes  63 days for us and no refund at all for our April 3 Serenade cruise.

• Like 2

We received a partial refund. We booked through a TA. We booked with their book now pay later program. However, we paid the cruise off 2 weeks after booking - 7 months in advance of our sail date. So far we have received most of our refund. We are missing the $1000 ($500 for each room, we booked 2 rooms) initial deposit the TA allegedly puts up on our behalf for the BNPL program and we have not received a refund of our prepaid excursions. We were booked to depart on 5/17/20 oasis of the seas.