Are we the only one who hasn't received refund?

Good morning. Just FYI...April 27 cruise. Canceled April 4 via email. Got all the cruise $ refunded to credit card this week. So far have not received the cruise planner $ at this point. But overall I am pleased, I figured another month or so. I lost my job so this money comes at the right time. Hope everyone gets theirs soon. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Did you file the form?  Thought request had to come from passenger.  

Yes...initial request came from me - wanting to transfer the cruise over to AAA. I don't ever recall having to fill out a form before however. TA sent it to me, I filled it out, signed it, and sent it back to her. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

Contacted my awesome TA around April 1 to request refund for April 26 B2B on Liberty

He emailed me that request processed on April 3, but said not to expect refund until after the sail date

Credit processed to my Credit Card on April 19👍

I don't think my cruise planner purchase of the $18 drink pkg has processed yet. Need to look into that.

Overall a stress free experience 

• Thanks 1

Contacted royal for a refund March 27.  Was to sail April 24.  Still waiting. I did get my cruise planner money back about 10 days after cancelling.

i have 2 adult children that had cruises cancelled March 14 and April 26. They are still waiting and have not even gotten their cruise planner money back yet.

I can’t figure out why it’s so inconsistent.....oh wait it’s Royal Caribbean.  Consistently inconsistent. 

We’ve been “loyal to royal” but they’ve handled this poorly.  It’s not been right to process refunds so slowly.  ( I feel a bit guilty for my kids. If we hadn’t passed the cruising bug to them they’d not be waiting for their money.)

• Thanks 1

Well just noticed this paragraph in my cancellation email for my 4-23 Brilliance cruise

Sorry if this was already discussed but WHAT

“We will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit by Monday, April 30th, 2020 via email. So, there’s nothing for you to do!”

My calendar obviously is wrong?????
Donna

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have read Cruise Critic for years, but don't think I've ever posted.  I have found it helpful to read these posts, so I thought I'd let you know that our Credit Card showed our refund pending today.  Here is our timeline:

We were supposed to sail on Adventure of the Seas on April 5.  We waited for Royal to cancel, which they did on March 13.  We requested a refund on the online form on March 14.  Just like everyone else, we never received any kind of confirmation of them receiving our request.

After reading on here that we could cancel our Cruise Planner items separately (drink package), we did that sometime that weekend and received our refund for both Drink Packages on March 20.  

On April 17,  I called to make sure they actually received our refund request.  I was told they had, she gave me the amount due, and said something like "they requested the refund".  Didn't give me any timeline other than "we were told 30 days, but things were going slowly".

Today, April 29, our credit card shows the refund pending. It showed up in 4 separate amounts, but it does add up to the amount we paid, including the insurance from Royal.  That took 33 business days.  

Hopefully, more of you will be receiving refunds soon.  Some contact from Royal would have helped ease the stress of waiting, but I'm just relieved the refund arrived.  We never even got an email to tell us our cruise was canceled.  I just kept checking the website.  Good luck to everyone else and thanks for all the good information I've learned on Cruise Critic!

• Like 5

Spoke to my TA today and she checked our refund and was told we would probably get it in two weeks. Wish I could figure this out. We responded to the email notifying us that our March 28 cruise was cancelled on March 14. I have filed a dispute before seeing the flurry of refunds this weekend. Hopefully we will see something soon.

• Like 1

Glad for those who have got their refunds and hope the rest won’t be too long !!

We got our cruise planner refunds last week, as like many others we cancelled first.

Royal cancelled cruises on us at “ second phase “ on 25th March and we completed on line form by return for b2b on Harmony  (3rd & 10th May).

A few days ago on 24th April received Cancellation Invoices for both cruises.

Haven’t contacted Royal, but don’t know if this means funds are on their way or if this is just the initial start of the 30, 45 , 60 day process ?

It’s great some of you have received refunds. It gives us hope.  However why are some getting communication ie email and some not.  We’ve not heard a thing which does make it a bit more stressful to wait.  We’ve had no acknowledgement they are even working on it.  I think that’s a large part of of our frustration.

• Like 2

Was supposed to sail on the Harmony on March 15th, Royal cancelled 2 days before while we were in Florida. I requested a refund right away through their makeshift online cancellation form with no confirmation number and the "up to 30 days to process" response. I'm well past 30 days. Repeated attempts to contact Royal were either several hour waits on the phone or disconnected. I'm done trying to get a hold of them. If they communicated better I would still wait longer but all I got was the generic e-mail. When you see people get refunds for cruises that were supposed to sail months after mine or that requested refunds after I did it's ridiculous how they are processing it. I'm letting the credit card company handle it now.

• Like 1

I had 4 rooms booked on Adventure of the Seas, April 5, for a family cruise.  The cruise was cancelled by RCCL and we were offered 125% FCC or full refund.  I applied for the refund when the on-line form was available, maybe around 5 weeks ago.  I just looked at my CC statement and the money was all refunded on April 19.  I had never called RCCL since filling out the form.  The only problem is the refunds are in about 10 different portions, so I am not sure which is for which reservation.

We were sailing with our adult children in 3 cabins on Independence on March 16.  We received an automated phone call on March 13 at 4:00 PM telling us our cruise was cancelled.  Later, at 7:21 PM we received an email notice of the cancellation.  It told us we could take the 125% FCC.  It also said, "Please know, if you pre-purchased any amenities and packages, like internet, beverage, dining, or RoyalUp Upgrade, those will be automatically refunded."  It doesn't mention port charges and taxes at all.  

So far, we have received our FCC's.  I was patient but it is wearing thin.  I spent over $2000 on Cruise Planner items since my son was planning to propose.  I did contact Royal Caribbean as their email suggested if I had any questions but I was told that I had to contact my TA so I sent an email today.

Has anyone who chose 125% FCC's received a refund of port charges and taxes?  Has anyone who chose 125% FCC's gotten their Cruise Planner money refunded yet?  

I still have not received confirmation/notification of the FCC.  Was notified by my TA, but no word from RCL. Affected cruise was April 12th.  Has any Pax informed and what was the timeline.

Also, had cancelled my cruise planner tours of about $500.  Cruise Planner Dept. initially told me it would take 7-10 business days for the credit to get to my CC.  Called C&A D+ desk as F/U and was told 30 days from e-mail notification.  Tomorrow is the 30th day--Wonder as it's been so quiet. 

1 hour ago, kands6191 said:

So far, we have received our FCC's.  I was patient but it is wearing thin.  I spent over $2000 on Cruise Planner items since my son was planning to propose.  I did contact Royal Caribbean as their email suggested if I had any questions but I was told that I had to contact my TA so I sent an email today.

Has anyone who chose 125% FCC's received a refund of port charges and taxes?  Has anyone who chose 125% FCC's gotten their Cruise Planner money refunded yet?  

Received my FCCs for a cruise on March 22nd which was cancelled by Royal, but have not seen a refund for port charges and taxes yet. 

RC just emailed me and confirmed the 45 day refund rather than the original 30.  They said they will email me the night of day 44 to give me an update... <sigh>. We're looking at May now before we see anything...

• Like 1

I also received an email from RCI tonight :

Dear Guest,

It’s no secret that the world is going through a difficult time. And while there are many changes going on around us, one that will never change is our commitment to remain transparent and as communicative, as possible.

As we went into our global suspension of sailings, we initially estimated that refunds would take 30 days. Unfortunately, with an unprecedented volume of refunds and credits, we are delayed. We’ve worked diligently to resolve most of the volume issues and are working around the clock to address the backlog to get you your refund, as quickly possible. Currently, some refunds are taking up to 45 days. Please know that each and every request is receiving the same level of care and dedication. And rest assured, your refund will be honored and it is coming – it’s just taking a little longer than expected and we’re very sorry about that.

We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. We’ll have an update for you by May 6th, unless we see that your refund has already been disbursed between now and then. Please be sure to check with your banking institution for an update if you don’t hear from us. Please stay safe!

While I’m glad they finally reached out to me, it doesn’t state that I’ll definitely receive a refund by May 6th. If we don’t receive it by then, we’ll receive an update. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kteacher said:

While I’m glad they finally reached out to me, it doesn’t state that I’ll definitely receive a refund by May 6th. If we don’t receive it by then, we’ll receive an update. 

Got this same letter tonight, and heard earlier from a TA that Royal would be sending them out.  Too bad that one of ours is already at 47 days now, but at least one of our cancelled cruises was refunded much quicker.  

We will see what happens in the next week.

My April 5th Freedom of the Seas cruise just came through on my CC.  For context for others still waiting, RC said it was disbursed on April 26th, when I had called earlier in the week.  They refunded everything, including trip insurance, which was pleasant surprise.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SRTcruisin said:

Was supposed to sail on the Harmony on March 15th, Royal cancelled 2 days before while we were in Florida. I requested a refund right away through their makeshift online cancellation form with no confirmation number and the "up to 30 days to process" response. I'm well past 30 days. Repeated attempts to contact Royal were either several hour waits on the phone or disconnected. I'm done trying to get a hold of them. If they communicated better I would still wait longer but all I got was the generic e-mail. When you see people get refunds for cruises that were supposed to sail months after mine or that requested refunds after I did it's ridiculous how they are processing it. I'm letting the credit card company handle it now.

I initiated a CC dispute about two weeks ago with Royal.   I received the refund the day a letter came confirming my  the process   to dispute  Royal from the CC company, coincidence, maybe?

FYI: I just received one credit equal to taxes and fees and one equal to our deposit, but not yet the larger final payment.  March 30th Cruise, RCI cancelled it around March 13 and I requested refund around March 16.  Never received an email.  

5 minutes ago, psujmatt said:

FYI: I just received one credit equal to taxes and fees and one equal to our deposit, but not yet the larger final payment.  March 30th Cruise, RCI cancelled it around March 13 and I requested refund around March 16.  Never received an email.  

Quess they are working backwards

On 4/28/2020 at 8:55 PM, rhiannon35 said:

I’m in the same boat. Got all back but my deposit this past Sat. for 3/14 canceled cruise. Both payments were on same cc. 
And, yes, of course we are entitled to our deposit back. I am going to have to call tomorrow. Our cruise was canceled the night before we were to embark. We were already in Miami. Our flights were paid for and I then had to pay for hotel for the week. I’d like my money back to cover these costs. 

Update: Deposit was credited to the other card this morning. 

• Like 1