Are we the only one who hasn't received refund?

On 5/1/2020 at 1:38 PM, dodgestang said:

Because I got a 2 week extension on final payment I am not calling them back until the day before (or if they send me the FCC and prime cert before that then I will call and get it all applied)

My last update on this.....I just paid off the Aug 2 Cruise to Alaska without using the prime discount.

I repriced the cruise and saved another $1000 on the rate plus had the 125% cruise credit they finally issued so I decided to just pay it off and not chance being past the 90 day mark.  I also thought about the prime cruise....we are booked on a Christmas cruise Dec 2020 and cruise certs earned while sailing would never have that sailing on it...so would end up being a lower benefit I felt than saving the prime discount and applying it to that sailing.

I'm going to have to start a spreadsheet to try and maximize benefits 😉

Edited by dodgestang
  • Like 1

I have not received a refund yet for my March 15 cruise.  I had immediately called when the cruise cancellation happened, which was just a day or two before the cruise.  At that time I told them I wanted a refund.  I didn't get the refund.  So about a week later I called and again told the lady I wanted a refund.  (Not a credit certificate).  Shortly thereafter, I got an email that stated refund requests or certificates would be received by April 22.  I got a credit certificate in the email, but no refund.  I filled out the online form to exchange the certificate for a refund.  Still no refund.  I called the phone number and they said it will take 30 days more!

Today is May 3, which is EXACTLY 7 weeks from the start of my cancelled cruise.  Still no refund!!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Caribbean Allan said:

I have not received a refund yet for my March 15 cruise.  I had immediately called when the cruise cancellation happened, which was just a day or two before the cruise.  At that time I told them I wanted a refund.  I didn't get the refund.  So about a week later I called and again told the lady I wanted a refund.  (Not a credit certificate).  Shortly thereafter, I got an email that stated refund requests or certificates would be received by April 22.  I got a credit certificate in the email, but no refund.  I filled out the online form to exchange the certificate for a refund.  Still no refund.  I called the phone number and they said it will take 30 days more!

Today is May 3, which is EXACTLY 7 weeks from the start of my cancelled cruise.  Still no refund!!!

Yikes. 

9 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Yikes. 

We had our March 15th Cruise cancelled heading back to San Juan for a b2b, my TA put in for a full refund after I got back, on the 18th. I have only received two excursions credits, the daughter off of hers but no refund on the cruise & what was paid in by us both. Time for another call. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Desert Cruizers said:

We had our March 15th Cruise cancelled heading back to San Juan for a b2b, my TA put in for a full refund after I got back, on the 18th. I have only received two excursions credits, the daughter off of hers but no refund on the cruise & what was paid in by us both. Time for another call. 

This is very disappointing. Last weekend there was a rush of refunds but little for March sailings. Now everything seems dried up again.

3/13 cancelled Harmony 3/29

today when checking CC balance, could tell that the credit was posted

hooray

appears Citibank received the largest refund (approx $1,800) on 4/26 & then on 4/29 split the $500 down payment into 2 unequal refunds?  Both didn’t actually credit though until today.  

CC is designated for travel related expenses, not really familiar with how they post credits but does seem rather odd to have that delay.

Regardless, never thought we’d see a refund.  Now to see what happens for 8/7 cruise.  Still on fence whether I’m eating the NR deposit or paying it off & taking credit, just a short 3 day cruise but deposited for 3 pp.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 12:31 PM, MJDMV said:

To add some experiences: I'm waiting on $3,400 for cruises only, and way past the 'promised' 30 days. I think Royal cruises are great and I have completed 62 cruises with them but I'm not going to join those who are patient or those who are (rightly) annoyed. I'm just disappointed, not because of my loyalty or because I should be treated better than others. 

My flights were with Jet2 (UK) and I've already received refunds. This company contacted me by email then telephone, offered me a credit or refund - 4 days later money back on my card. This is a big airline with plenty of flights and customers, surely Royal could show a bit more decency and adopt their methods?

UPDATE  - 5th May and still waiting. I was told on 21st April that the time was now 45 days. I'm at 53 days and still no sign. When travel becomes safe again, I intend to cruise another 62 time but it's highly likely I won't be on a Royal ship. 

• Like 3

I filed a dispute with American Express on Friday for my May 2 sailing.  I requested a refund on March 25.  Crickets chirping since then.  When I called to ask about the status of my refund I was told that because the cancellations were so close to sailing the software was automatically assessing cancellation fees, so every single refund had to be done manually.  Crazy times indeed!

• Like 1

Happy to announce I received full refund this morning to my amex card for my may 25th cruise they cancelled.    Still waiting on items I had booked thru cruise planner.  But I was pleasantly surprised to see refund email from amex as I was told I wouldn't have it till the week of my scheduled sailing.

I still have not received FCC for my march cruise.

I still haven’t received anything from our 4/20 sailing. The last communication I received from RCI was the apology email stating if I hadn’t received a refund by 5/6 I would receive an update. My guess is the update I’ll receive tomorrow is another apology stating that the process is taking longer than anticipated, and I’ll receive a refund or another update in (fill in the blank) days 😐

7 minutes ago, Kteacher said:

I still haven’t received anything from our 4/20 sailing. The last communication I received from RCI was the apology email stating if I hadn’t received a refund by 5/6 I would receive an update. My guess is the update I’ll receive tomorrow is another apology stating that the process is taking longer than anticipated, and I’ll receive a refund or another update in (fill in the blank) days 😐

I haven't even received an apology email, not that it means anything.

Disappointing to say the least.  I have cancelled four vacations for this year including a RCCL cruise (sail date - April 26th, Cancelled by RCCL) and a Cunard cruise in August, with the exception of the two cruises, all refunds were credited to my CC within a week. 

At least Cunard said right off, it would take 90 days for a refund, IMO still ridiculous but at least they were upfront about it.

RCCL on the other hand, initially was 30 days, then 45 days? I phoned twice and both times it was "waiting to be processed"?

Disappointed.

Still waiting on my cruise fare refund for my May 3rd sailing of Freedom that I cancelled on March 10th.  Should be in Aruba today 😞 I called yesterday and was told that my reservation requires a manual cancellation and the cancellation was corrected on April 20th when I called and that it could be 30 days from that date or earlier.  The story morphs each time I call.  I will wait until May 20th and call again.  We have received our cruise planner refunds and our FCC.

So, despite receiving an email from RCI stating I’d receive my refund or an update by May 6th I received neither. I called customer service this morning, and was told that she could see my refund was “in the final phase of processing “, whatever that means. I reminded her that it’s been 6 weeks since the refund request was made and acknowledged by RCI. I also asked for a specific date, because the “final phase of processing “ did not give me much information. I was told I could expect a full refund next Monday. I’m not sure if that was a random date to get me off the phone, or if I will actually see something next Monday. Did anyone else who received the email last week receive anything?

7 minutes ago, Kteacher said:

So, despite receiving an email from RCI stating I’d receive my refund or an update by May 6th I received neither. I called customer service this morning, and was told that she could see my refund was “in the final phase of processing “, whatever that means. I reminded her that it’s been 6 weeks since the refund request was made and acknowledged by RCI. I also asked for a specific date, because the “final phase of processing “ did not give me much information. I was told I could expect a full refund next Monday. I’m not sure if that was a random date to get me off the phone, or if I will actually see something next Monday. Did anyone else who received the email last week receive anything?

haven’t heard anything either

I was planning on calling tomorrow

Nothing here either.  Thought maybe they were dyslexic in the “Sorry” email when they said it was taking up to 45 days, since today is day 54.  

The day isn’t over yet.  Will be interesting to see what the next update says. 

I direct messaged yesterday through twitter and was told I was refunded on 5/3.  When I asked if it was one amount or multiple the person responded, multiple.  I asked for amounts.  She told me she was unable to provide that because she could not provide credit card information over social media.  I pressed that it was not CC info just amounts.

She responded with 6 separate amounts.  I called CC company yesterday and today and they do not show anything pending.

I hope that it is just timing but as I approach 60 days from request and have previously been mislead by a phone rep, my faith in Royal is extremely low.

I have taken screen shots of all of these conversations and will turn over to the SEC if I don't receive money by Friday.  The only reason these reps would be purposely lying is because they have been instructed to in order to defraud investors as to the true condition of their business.

6 hours ago, Kteacher said:

I got the apology email as well last week to say I should be able to hear from them by May 6. I got nothing so far.

I called in this morning, and the rep said that I am at stage 1, which means they have generated my refund request. It will takes up to 45 business days (not calendar days) for them to release the money to the bank (ie, stage 2) since I submitted the request, which I did in mid of March. 

9 minutes ago, pineapple666 said:

I got the apology email as well last week to say I should be able to hear from them by May 6. I got nothing so far.

I called in this morning, and the rep said that I am at stage 1, which means they have generated my refund request. It will takes up to 45 business days (not calendar days) for them to release the money to the bank (ie, stage 2) since I submitted the request, which I did in mid of March. 

Everyone who got the "sorry it is taking so long" email should write ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com and keep flooding her inbox

On 5/5/2020 at 9:32 AM, Kteacher said:

I still haven’t received anything from our 4/20 sailing. The last communication I received from RCI was the apology email stating if I hadn’t received a refund by 5/6 I would receive an update.

😐

Yeah, my biggest problem with the delay is that we finally get an email that actually references when there will be another update/email and then nothing is emailed?

"We’ll have an update for you by May 6th, ...."  although, I suppose it could come later today.  I came to this site to see if anyone else had an update from RCCL.  

Nope, nothing yet. Had an Azamara Cruise cancelled, asked for refund on March 29th and then on Apr. 2nd I cancelled an Oasis of the Seas August cruise, — haven’t heard anything/received anything, not even the email everyone is talking about. Curious though— we are Elite plus on Celebrity and Diamond on RCL. My sister has never taken a Celebrity/RCL Cruise (they are HAL cruisers); however, on March 15th, after taking a HAL Cruise on March 7th, they were to take an Edge Cruise that was cancelled on their day of embarkation and got their refund a couple of weeks ago. Is RCL taking their loyal customers for granted and pushing the refunds?  Am waiting for just a FCC deposit for Oasis but more than $13000US(am Canadian) for the Azamara Cruise which only has three ships ... I know that all three RCL brands are being handled by the same people, but, still, odd...

45 minutes ago, SAmome said:

"We’ll have an update for you by May 6th, ...."  although, I suppose it could come later today.  I came to this site to see if anyone else had an update from RCCL.  

We have not yet received the May 6th update e-mail we were told that we would receive today either.