Are we the only one who hasn't received refund?

Interesting experience with RCI today.

Lots of apologies, will need to escalate etc etc as  we just don't know whats happened to it...."I can see it being processed" bla bla bla. After much going around and around, was eventually told it would be forwarded to someone called Aaron, although they were unable to provide me with an email address for this person because they did not know what it was....

Then attempted to tell me that in fact the 23rd of March was less than 45 days ago....which I struggled to figure out. I wasn't about to let this go and so I pushed on this and eventually I was told they had a faulty calculator....I am not kidding....

Anyway....currently involved in a game of phone chicken while I wait to speak to a "supervisor" who may well just be one of the call center cleaners...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stompy said:

Just got the “we processed the refund” email, but no sign of it on the CC

Thanks for the update. I haven’t got it yet.The only email so far is the apology email from last week. Anyone else got the updated email?

54 minutes ago, Bucket29 said:

We got the apology email as well.  It is May 6th ... and nothing .... I think I will call them now .... I'll let you know

On the phone with Royal for about 45 minutes- they answered promptly though and were very nice.  To my surprise they told me my balance for a May cruise was processed today but about $ 600 would take another 3-5 business days or 2-3 weeks- yes they told me both time frames in this conversation.  While on hold I checked my credit card- no pending credits ... I asked the rep about this and they told me my credit card would see the credit in 3-5 days .... I am hopeful ... but at this point I just don't know .... I will keep you posted 

Looks like we may have gotten lucky.  Just checked the CC, and we went from a +ve balance to a -ve balance.  The two figures add up to one of the cancelled cruise refunds we were expecting.  This is the cruise they cancelled on March 13th.   We had already been refunded for the June cruise they cancelled.  Now we are just waiting for our cruise planner purchases  around $1,200.   They say we probably will not see those till the end of May. 

Making progress.

It looks like my letter has different timelines.  I am glad to see they didn't send out same email to everyone on the list awaiting a refund. I requested refund on 4/24/20 for Alaska  cruise in June which Royal had cancelled.

image.thumb.png.9e0ac9ee17c6aaa460c754ff3cd54a3f.png

27 minutes ago, Monthend said:

I'm wondering why some get the email and others don't. Did you book direct or with a TA.

Wow!!! Talk about passing the buck. If you dont see your refund....call your bank???

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wilda said:

Wow!!! Talk about passing the buck. If you dont see your refund....call your bank???

Not sure what you mean by that. I'm not saying anything is wrong with my TA. She is a personal friend. I was just curious why some get emails from RC and some don't. Yeesh. Tough crowd. I have put through a dispute and waiting to hear. If I get a refund I'll post it otherwise I'll keep my comments to myself.

I got the email and most of the refund posted.  I'm off by $300 across two reservations.  I can't quite reconcile why they are off by that amount so I'm hoping in a few days the rest will post.  Overall I'm happy.  Cancelled with NCL and deposit is supposed to take 90 days. Fortunately NCL deposits are relatively small compared to RCCL.

We got 2 of our 3 overnight but the #s don't quite match up.  Because we used different cards and paid over time we literally got 50 refund line items.  I called the credit card folks and they are issuing refunds to my very old checking account that I only use to get $ from ATMs (ironically for gambling on cruises).  I still have an old checkbook around someplace so I can use that money for home repairs.

I'll check tomorrow for the other $5000.  My only concern with that one was that it was a cruise for another person so the reservation wasn't in my name...

There are a lot of people waiting for their refunds at the moment. In one of the threads there was a guys who received his refund after 120 days. At the same time, there are people who got their money back the same week they applied for it. I think it all depends on the bank rather than on the company

16 minutes ago, Monthend said:

Not sure what you mean by that. I'm not saying anything is wrong with my TA. She is a personal friend. I was just curious why some get emails from RC and some don't. Yeesh. Tough crowd. I have put through a dispute and waiting to hear. If I get a refund I'll post it otherwise I'll keep my comments to myself.

Oh no!  Sorry I didn't mean you Monthend.  I was referring to Royal Caribbean passing the buck to the banks!

I’m probably being too logical in thinking there was some sort of order or protocol for processing refunds. It doesn’t appear to be done by date requested, TA or non-TA, amount of refund, C&A status...

11 hours ago, pieter&sharon said:

Got the May 6 email. Same old, same old. Be patient. It's on it's way. 2 or 3 days. Ho Hum.

Refund is on my Visa. Two refunds, but the total is correct. Yay! Now, how about interest on the money RCI held for so long. I guess I can keep dreaming.

Good news update:

The total amount owed was posted this morning in 6 separate transactions.  It has been a long and disappointing journey but I am pleased that we have been made whole.  

Unfortunately, my faith in Royal, as a company, has been forever changed.  

Recap for those of you still waiting:

Refund request March 14

Sail date April 5

Called 3 times while waiting and was told they see the refund requested but no other info could be provided

After public social media post, contacted Royal through social media direct message (twitter)

Royal rep stated refund was procesed May 3 (Sunday)

On Credit card May 7

Total reimbursed $9500

• Like 2

11 hours ago, skiierx131 said:

This was today's email update

image.png.e4d3e5bdb48363c2e09e40e1892586f2.png

We received this same email last night regarding our April 12th Anthem TA that was canceled by Royal, as the followup to the apology letter.

This morning, nine credits appeared on our B of A Visa account.  The total amount reflects everything (cruise fare, air to sea, gratuities, taxes, insurance, and cruise planner purchases) but for $100.  Hopefully the other $100 will show up soon.

I guess I'll go order the $39 DBP now for our upcoming December cruise.  I wasn't going to give them any more money while they still owed us money.  Thankfully it's still on sale.

recieved the email today confirming all the cruise planner items have been cancelled from my cancelled April 16th cruise....I haven't called CC to see if refunds were processed yet...but it is positive progress.

9 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

recieved the email today confirming all the cruise planner items have been cancelled from my cancelled April 16th cruise....I haven't called CC to see if refunds were processed yet...but it is positive progress.

Our March 15th cruise was cancelled, a full refund request put in on the 18th and the last of the excursions is now being processed, but nothing back on what was paid into the cruise. Good luck.

I finally got some money back (30 business days after requesting) but I’m still short by quite a bit. I booked with Costco and have not been able to get through to their phone reps for the last couple days.

April 12 sailing, requested refund March 26. Booked two staterooms at $2715 each so total refund should be $5430. The amount refunded to my card adds up to only $4038 so I’m still missing about $1400.