Are we the only one who hasn't received refund?

I have two that are in the partial refund category. One was refunded exactly 50% and the other was refunded exactly 75%. Both were refundable deposits canceled outside final payment. In both cases there were separate payments combined to make the deposits. I had 4 other refundable deposits that were refunded in full. Those deposits were all made with a single payment. The deposit that was refunded by half was back on March 17. After waiting two months for the other half I called today. Royal wouldn’t talk to me because it was a TA booking. The TA sent out an email saying not to call them just call Royal. Called the TA and they say call Royal. Royal again won’t talk to me. After an hour on hold with the TA, someone finally talks to me. They say we’ll fix it, refund coming. I’m doubting the other half will ever be refunded. Thinking of going the credit card dispute route. The other partial refund was just received 2 weeks ago. Based on experience I figure the rest is not coming.  I’ll start calling for that one soon.  

It was painful having to cancel all these reservations. I had secured great cabins at good prices. Some were Allure out of Galveston 2021-22. Although they are still selling these sailings, I don’t see that terminal being built and any of these actually happening. I also canceled fall 2020 because I don’t think they will sail. I hope I’m wrong about this and have to rebook. 

I can’t wait to start cruising again. I do hope it will still be enjoyable with all the likely restrictions. My booking habits, however, will be forever changed. No more booking 1-2 years in advance for us. If I have to take a cabin in a bad location and pay higher prices then that’s the way it has to be. Maybe even a bit more exciting to book and actually get to travel right away. 

5 minutes ago, OPFLCruisers said:

I have asked RC but can not seem to get a straight answer so I will ask all of you.  Any idea why they are not refunding vacation protection plans?

Because it is a protection plan. If you don't have a car accident or go to a doctor in a month your insurance does not reimburse your premium. It is in place to protect you in case something happens. The cruise was cancelled so you'll get reimbursed.

2 hours ago, OPFLCruisers said:

I have asked RC but can not seem to get a straight answer so I will ask all of you.  Any idea why they are not refunding vacation protection plans?

If by "they" you mean Royal, they are.  Royal refunded mine from my 4-12-20 sailing that they canceled.

April 4th 50th Anniversary Cruise with family was cancelled.  Requested refund on March 17th.  I still have not received my refund and very frustrated.  Contacted TA and all I’m getting is the scripted response, first I was told within 30 days, then 60 days, now they’re saying up to 90 days. Why are people receiving refunds who cancelled after us, receiving their refunds within 2 weeks and nothing for me yet.  Makes no sense personally or business.  Really disappointed with this.

2 minutes ago, janabbott said:

April 4th 50th Anniversary Cruise with family was cancelled.  Requested refund on March 17th.  I still have not received my refund and very frustrated.  Contacted TA and all I’m getting is the scripted response, first I was told within 30 days, then 60 days, now they’re saying up to 90 days. Why are people receiving refunds who cancelled after us, receiving their refunds within 2 weeks and nothing for me yet.  Makes no sense personally or business.  Really disappointed with this.

I don’t understand also how they are doing refunds. I cancelled my 5/24/20 cruise on 4/16/20 as soon as announcement came out. People on my roll call are getting refunds & I haven’t gotten any communication from RCL. My TA is telling me 90 days   

I cancelled a cruise on March 10th and as of today, still have not received our refund.  Have been told many stories, including being told it wasn't processed correctly and was "corrected" on April 20th.  I was told that the refund clock started over on April 20th and it would take 30 days.  So, today is May 20th and still no refund.  I called again today, on hold for 35 minutes and then disconnected.  Called back, on hold almost 50 minutes and rep answered, had to look into the cancellation, doesn't understand why it hasn't refunded and had to then hold for resolutions.  Resolutions spoke to the rep and then rep came back on line and said it will take another two weeks to finish the process.  Asked why resolutions wouldn't speak to me and rep said he would call them again but we would have to wait again!  At this point, I had been on the phone for almost two and a half hours!  No way was I waiting another 45+ minutes to be told another story.  

Absolutely ridiculous!

15 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I cancelled a cruise on March 10th and as of today, still have not received our refund.  Have been told many stories, including being told it wasn't processed correctly and was "corrected" on April 20th.  I was told that the refund clock started over on April 20th and it would take 30 days.  So, today is May 20th and still no refund.  I called again today, on hold for 35 minutes and then disconnected.  Called back, on hold almost 50 minutes and rep answered, had to look into the cancellation, doesn't understand why it hasn't refunded and had to then hold for resolutions.  Resolutions spoke to the rep and then rep came back on line and said it will take another two weeks to finish the process.  Asked why resolutions wouldn't speak to me and rep said he would call them again but we would have to wait again!  At this point, I had been on the phone for almost two and a half hours!  No way was I waiting another 45+ minutes to be told another story.  

Absolutely ridiculous!

I suggest you get your credit card company involved.

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have considered it but this is not a full refund, it is a partial refund on a cruise cancelled prior to the cruise line cancelling the cruise.

Regardless - RCI owes you money, and you've made multiple attempts to get it directly from them.

19 hours ago, janabbott said:

I wish I had an answer for this too. My March 29 cruise cancelled March 13. Still no money or word. My T A keeps getting the standard 30 day reply.

1 minute ago, Monthend said:

I wish I had an answer for this too. My March 29 cruise cancelled March 13. Still no money or word. My T A keeps getting the standard 30 day reply.

Mine is March 29 cruise too. Cancelled right away when I got the email. Only got $750 deposit back last week. No further update. Called RCL last weekend, being told the rest is still in processing. No timeline can be provided. I booked via TA as well. 

1 hour ago, pineapple666 said:

Mine is March 29 cruise too. Cancelled right away when I got the email. Only got $750 deposit back last week. No further update. Called RCL last weekend, being told the rest is still in processing. No timeline can be provided. I booked via TA as well. 

If you booked through TA & you call will RCL give you updates on refund processing? I was under the impression if you booked with a TA RCL would not give any info?

18 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

If you booked through TA & you call will RCL give you updates on refund processing? I was under the impression if you booked with a TA RCL would not give any info?

They did talk to me, but didn’t release any useful info. Last time when I contacted them via TA, they gave me&TA more detailed update, like I was in Phase 2, although I haven’t got my refund yet.

6 minutes ago, pineapple666 said:

They did talk to me, but didn’t release any useful info. Last time when I contacted them via TA, they gave me&TA more detailed update, like I was in Phase 2, although I haven’t got my refund yet.

So I shouldn’t waste my time calling then? My TA is just telling me they’re telling the agency 90 days, don’t think she ever called them directly just for me. 

5 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

So I shouldn’t waste my time calling then? My TA is just telling me they’re telling the agency 90 days, don’t think she ever called them directly just for me. 

You can have a try, but prepare for waiting. At least, they can confirm that you case is under processing, and you will get the refund but it’s just a matter of time if that helps.

Next time I will ask my TA if I should let my CC company to involve. 

8 minutes ago, pineapple666 said:

You can have a try, but prepare for waiting. At least, they can confirm that you case is under processing, and you will get the refund but it’s just a matter of time if that helps.

Next time I will ask my TA if I should let my CC company to involve. 

I did email TA that I’ll wait the 45 days RCL said from date requested then I will do a charge back. Still have $1900 of deposits out there with RCL for B2B October & December, undecided what to do with them. 

The remainder of our refund finally showed up this morning. It took just under 60 days, 3 phone calls, and one Twitter DM. I did receive a phone call from RCI yesterday to let me know the remainder of the refund had been processed. 

2 hours ago, tOSUSteve said:

one word -  U S E L E S S

We have no intention of contacting the BBB.  We are just frustrated with the whole process.  We cancelled our cruise based on the information we had at the time and we accept that we are due a FCC of 75% of our cruise fare and the remaining 25% as a refund to our credit card.  We cancelled on MARCH 10th!  It is now May 22nd and we are still missing that 25% refund.  We have been told multiple stories along the way by the cruise line, we have received no emails on status and we really feel at this point, we are just getting the run around.  

I will give them the two weeks that they now say it will take because I really don't feel like wasting another three hours on the phone to be told it is in process and needs to be done manually.  I really don't think the refund is going to be posted and I will once again be on the phone.

I really wish they'd start something where you could pick an option to get a callback instead of these crazy waits.  Or a way to email exact description of the "problem" with backup and wait for a callback.  I've recieved all but $300 across 2 reservations on May 6th but it's an amount that I believe relates to a reservation deposit canceled a year before and funds applied to other reservations.  I think it might be lost in the process and want to know what they are showing on their end.  Did it go to a closed out credit card (normally flows on thru) or possibly refunded to the pax on canceled reservation via written check instead of the purchaser, etc?  

Any tips on how to avoid long holds to get thru to someone?  

• Like 1