Are we the only one who hasn't received refund?

2 minutes ago, jknc said:

God bless the patience showed by many waiting for refunds. What a despicable company to deal with over and over again.  

Where have all the RCI apologists gone? 

I don’t disagree that the refunds are taking far too long but they do eventually come.  If you are planning on switching lines over this issue I suggest that you do some research first as most of the other cruise lines are doing the same or worse than Royal with their refunds. 

• Like 1

Summary again: Royal cancelled March 29 cruise around March 13.  Requested refund around March 16.  April 26 deposit and taxes/fees were refunded.  Nothing since then. At what point t should I really be concerned they’ve “lost” track of my big refund???

Our Ovation July 2 Alaska cruise was just canceled and we have already received all but $1000 cash refund!  I feel for those of you having issues, but for whatever reason our refund has been painless and fast. 

I cancelled a July cruise on May 20 (after trying unsuccessfully to lift and switch), received complete refund on May 29.  Surprised and pleased.

Yes cancelled June cruise May 21. Full refund in 3 postings to my cc. Wow. Have a July one also should be this week

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

5 minutes ago, DonnaMW said:

Yes cancelled June cruise May 21. Full refund in 3 postings to my cc. Wow. Have a July one also should be this week

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was trying to decide what to do if/when my two August cruises are cancelled by Royal.  The quick refund, although not guaranteed for the future, is giving me some options.  I was considering moving the money to a cruise in December 2021 or March 2022, but I would rather have it back in the bank than tie it up this far in advance.

I am still waiting the port and tax refund for April 4 MJ and the amounts for my agent’s  commission for three cruises.  I’ve received the rest of the refund amount for those cruises.  The commission amount was not in the menagerie of refund pieces.  Yesterday they refunded the agent commission amount for a cruise that I took the FCC on.  That FCC was for the correct amount including the commission amount, so it seems they refunded the commission amount for the wrong booking.  Finally, I received a refund for 18 cents to a card I haven’t used for a cruise booking in over a year but that card must still be in their system.  

We finally got all our refunds for our March 21 cruise. Got the original cruise amount a 2 weeks ago and the upgraded room Thursday. So we closed our CC dispute. Glad it’s over with and now we can move on! Hope everyone else gets theirs soon. 

Our cruise sailing on July 17, 2020 on Enchantment was announced cancel through email on May 20.  I then click on the link to request full refund on that same day (paid that cruise in full).   Today,   5/31 got full refund through 6 credit card transactions.   We have 1 cabin with 3 people.

Edited by StrikeEagle

I have had 3 different cancellations. The first 2, I waited 60 days then filed a dispute with American Express, and received my credit immediately from AMEX. 

The most recent (Symphony July 25 2020) was cancelled with the last round, filled out the refund request online immediately, received the full $7400 refund in 15 calendar days. 

Buyer beware! I will never cruise on Royal again, Crown and Anchor member, 27 points

I booked a family cruise in early Sept. 2019, for Royal Caribbean 6/21/2020 cruise on the Liberty of the Seas, departing from Galveston, TX. I paid a $250. @ deposit ($2,000. total) on 9/1/2019. I was mistaken in believing that this deposit was refundable, if it was cancelled by 3/21/2020 (at least three months prior to departure)., as is normal with other cruise lines. Because of the developments of the Covid-19 Coronavirus, I cancelled this cruise on March 10, 2020. Royal subsequently cancelled this cruise within the last two weeks (the second or third week of May, 2020), but I have only been informed of this by Pavlus Travel, my travel agent. Royal has taken the position that this cruise deposit was NOT refundable and has sent me an email. They also have taken the position that I cancelled this cruise prior to their cancelling the cruise, so this negates their responsibility.

Royal just issued a statement to the press from CEO Richard Fain, dated 5/22/2020 and published by CNBC that they are hoping to resume sailings in August 2020. He also noted that "Among the changes under discussion are doctor's notes for passengers above the age of 70 to ensure they are medically fit". As you are aware, I just turned 79 (Mom is 76) and I do have a current heart related issue that would preclude me from qualifying- cardiac afibrulation (for which I take medication daily) and have a slowly deteriorating heart valve that will require replacement surgery in the near future.

It is highly unlikely that I can gather up the family and book an appropriate Royal cruise that departs by 5/28/2021, so it appears that I  will lose the $2,000. deposit monies I paid.

2 hours ago, weinpal said:

Buyer beware! I will never cruise on Royal again, Crown and Anchor member, 27 points

I booked a family cruise in early Sept. 2019, for Royal Caribbean 6/21/2020 cruise on the Liberty of the Seas, departing from Galveston, TX. I paid a $250. @ deposit ($2,000. total) on 9/1/2019. I was mistaken in believing that this deposit was refundable, if it was cancelled by 3/21/2020 (at least three months prior to departure)., as is normal with other cruise lines. Because of the developments of the Covid-19 Coronavirus, I cancelled this cruise on March 10, 2020. Royal subsequently cancelled this cruise within the last two weeks (the second or third week of May, 2020), but I have only been informed of this by Pavlus Travel, my travel agent. Royal has taken the position that this cruise deposit was NOT refundable and has sent me an email. They also have taken the position that I cancelled this cruise prior to their cancelling the cruise, so this negates their responsibility.

Royal just issued a statement to the press from CEO Richard Fain, dated 5/22/2020 and published by CNBC that they are hoping to resume sailings in August 2020. He also noted that "Among the changes under discussion are doctor's notes for passengers above the age of 70 to ensure they are medically fit". As you are aware, I just turned 79 (Mom is 76) and I do have a current heart related issue that would preclude me from qualifying- cardiac afibrulation (for which I take medication daily) and have a slowly deteriorating heart valve that will require replacement surgery in the near future.

It is highly unlikely that I can gather up the family and book an appropriate Royal cruise that departs by 5/28/2021, so it appears that I  will lose the $2,000. deposit monies I paid.

Sounds like to me your issues with your travel agent not Royal Caribbean. The policies that Royal Caribbean is using during this time is very consistent across all major main stream cruise linesSounds like to me your issues with your travel agent not Royal Caribbean. The policies that Royal Caribbean is using during this time is very consistent across all major main stream cruise lines

Sorry you’re in this predicament

• Like 1

4 hours ago, weinpal said:

I was mistaken in believing that this deposit was refundable, if it was cancelled by 3/21/2020 (at least three months prior to departure)., as is normal with other cruise lines.

Not really, most cruise lines are going to a non-refundable deposit model as the default but if wanted, you can still get a refundable deposit.

On 5/31/2020 at 10:17 AM, RobboM said:

Yes - it’s the same for us. We cancelled on 14 March but we are still waiting! 11 weeks now! 

A quick update - I have received both my refund and FCC this morning (2 June). My patience has been rewarded! 😉

• Like 1

I received my FCC yesterday. Just appeared on my Princess page, no email or other followup. I have not received any part of the cash refund to my credit card. My cruise was 3/22 - Regal - canceled by Princess on 3/12. Refund acknowledgement for Option 2 received 3/16...78 days and counting.

6 hours ago, RobboM said:

A quick update - I have received both my refund and FCC this morning (2 June). My patience has been rewarded! 😉

I was only offered cruise credit for our family of 8; however, only through May 2021 and not for the $2,000. I paid for all of us. The credit offered was for $250. @, non-transferable. This means we would have to book a future cruise departing by 5/2020 for ALL OF US in order to apply these credits. This is not going to happen, especially since Royal does not know when they will be sailing again and there are 3 children as part of our family party and my wife and I are both over 70. Royal has recently stated they may require a letter from our physician (s) attesting to our health. I have an underlying health issue which precludes that.

I have trip cancellation insurance for my wife and I, but I am not sure what the insurance company will  allow, since we cancelled due to my health issue and due to concerns over the Covid-19 coronavirus. I cancelled on 3/10/2020, Royal finally cancelled this cruise on 5/20/2020. Royal is not living up to my expectations, but I appear to be out of luck on this and will never book with Royal again. I have 27 days as a Crown and Anchor Club member.

11 minutes ago, weinpal said:

I was only offered cruise credit for our family of 8; however, only through May 2021 and not for the $2,000. I paid for all of us. The credit offered was for $250. @, non-transferable. This means we would have to book a future cruise departing by 5/2020 for ALL OF US in order to apply these credits. This is not going to happen, especially since Royal does not know when they will be sailing again and there are 3 children as part of our family party and my wife and I are both over 70. Royal has recently stated they may require a letter from our physician (s) attesting to our health. I have an underlying health issue which precludes that.

I have trip cancellation insurance for my wife and I, but I am not sure what the insurance company will  allow, since we cancelled due to my health issue and due to concerns over the Covid-19 coronavirus. I cancelled on 3/10/2020, Royal finally cancelled this cruise on 5/20/2020. Royal is not living up to my expectations, but I appear to be out of luck on this and will never book with Royal again. I have 27 days as a Crown and Anchor Club member.

No doctor letter required.   Also I think you mean May 2021.  

On 6/2/2020 at 10:07 AM, RobboM said:

good for u   we also canceled 3.14.20  HOPEFULLY will hear from them soon.

So bummed. Royal cancelled my March 29 cruise March 14 and still waiting for refund. After 45 days I disputed the charge with credit card. One for the deposit and one for final payment. Heard back a week ago that Royal claims they refunded the deposit. Turns out they were confused because the credit was for cruise planner purchases. Back to the beginning with the deposit. Today I received an email from credit card that Royal claims they refunded final payment. Again this was credit for cruise planner purchases.  This is getting crazy. Why are some people receiving credit and not others. Makes no sense. They can see that they issued credits for cruise planner items but can't see they owe me for the cruise