Are we the only one who hasn't received refund?

7 minutes ago, Monthend said:

So bummed. Royal cancelled my March 29 cruise March 14 and still waiting for refund. After 45 days I disputed the charge with credit card. One for the deposit and one for final payment. Heard back a week ago that Royal claims they refunded the deposit. Turns out they were confused because the credit was for cruise planner purchases. Back to the beginning with the deposit. Today I received an email from credit card that Royal claims they refunded final payment. Again this was credit for cruise planner purchases.  This is getting crazy. Why are some people receiving credit and not others. Makes no sense. They can see that they issued credits for cruise planner items but can't see they owe me for the cruise

what ship on March 29? We were going to be enchantment March 29.  Still didn’t get our final payment back. Got deposit and taxes/fees.  

My travel agent confirmed that my deposit (s) were NON-REFUNDABLE. Royal offered me the $2,000. (which I paid by redit card in Sept. 2019, when I made the reservation)back for our party of 8 only as future cruise credit at $250.@ and thru May 2021, non-transferable! There is no way I could get the 8 of us together for a cruise, so it looks like I'll lose the $2,000. My son is an attorney and he said I could try and fight this, since Royal cancelled this cruise anyway on 5/20/2020 (two months after I cancelled it because of the pandemic increase), but he said I would probably not get far against a huge company who is bleeding millions each month. I am sure they have an army of attorneys backing them up. My loyalty to Royal means nothing!

54 minutes ago, psujmatt said:

what ship on March 29? We were going to be enchantment March 29.  Still didn’t get our final payment back. Got deposit and taxes/fees.  

Vision of the seas out of San Juan. Just getting sad we missed it. So hard planning a great trip and not going.

On 5/30/2020 at 10:33 AM, Kbonner said:

Royal Caribbean must be in a desperate state by now. 

I received a second partial refund (2-digit figure) for my 24 March Royal-cancelled and refund requested cruise. Still owing me high 3 digit figure (including all taxes/fees).

On my other (b2b) 24 March Royal-cancelled and refund requested cruise, no news after a partial payment early May. Still owing me a 3 digit figure. 

Latest lie at >70 days: "we cannot refund the port fees and taxes because we (RCCL) are also waiting  to be reimbursed by port authorities". 

On the other regular fare refund no new words from RCCL

On 5/30/2020 at 9:39 AM, psujmatt said:

Summary again: Royal cancelled March 29 cruise around March 13.  Requested refund around March 16.  April 26 deposit and taxes/fees were refunded.  Nothing since then. At what point t should I really be concerned they’ve “lost” track of my big refund???

update.  Received 80% of the final payment back now. The part I have not received doesn’t match any number I can figure out. 

58 minutes ago, psujmatt said:

update.  Received 80% of the final payment back now. The part I have not received doesn’t match any number I can figure out. 

another note, I’ve checked my credit card account everyday, and the credit that showed up today (June 6) has a date of May 30, so I guess the bank sat on it a week. 

1 hour ago, psujmatt said:

Mar 29 cruise here, and received 85% of the final payment two weeks ago. The missing part looks like the cruise fee for the 2nd person (I purchased it at BOGO 60%off promo).

We were booked (2 reservations) on the Symphony's April 25th sailing.  I requested a refund on March 25th and received 11 transactions back on my credit card on May 10th.  After all the refund transactions I was still missing either $126.01 or  $326.01 from the cruise fare as well as the $'s for our prepaid internet package.  The reason for the $200.00 difference is we had to move our original cruise and there was a change fee of $200.00.  I did not know if the change fee was refundable.  Today I took a deep breath and called to inquire about the remaining refund.  I prepared myself to be on hold for an hour or so waiting to talk to an agent. My call went right through and I was immediately connected to an agent  (Jackie).  I explained everything to Jackie and she said she would need to put me on hold as she did not know if the reservation change fee was eligible for a refund and she wanted to confirm the amount(s) that I was already refunded.  She confirmed that the amounts that I received matched and she was waiting for her support team to confirm if the change fee was refundable.  It took an hour with Jackie (who keep me informed as I was put on hold numerous times) and she confirmed that was I was owed a refund of $326.01 + the prepaid internet package.  She issued a manual refund for the total amount while I was talking with her.  She said I should expect the refund in 7 to 10 days.  I believe we are near the end of the refund sage.

All the best to you who are still waiting.

• Like 1

Update from me for info - Royal cancelled my 16th March Jewel sailing on 12th March.

T/A today informed they have received total refund and will show on my cc in five days.  Just over the 90 days for me.

Our cancelled cruise for 5/11 only received partial refund, still owed $650 and cents, similarly 5/27 cruise, received partial refund still owed $850 and cents - last credits received 4 weeks ago nothing since despite assurances would be on my cc 10 days ago.  Also due a refund of an FCC for $2095 which was used as partial payment for the 5/11 cruise with an expiration date of 10/31 - doubt they will extend that.  Wish they would stop playing these games and complete a refund on one cruise before they move to another. 

• Like 2

On March 9, I cancelled an Oasis of the Seas cruise departing March 15.  I have now received all refunds.

Day 65 - FCC email

Day 73 - Credit Card refund for a pre-paid internet package

Day 82 - Credit Card refund for taxes and port charges

Good luck to all still waiting.

I didn’t read thru all 31 pages so I apologize in advance if this has been addressed already. Is everyone who is getting refunds to their credit cards getting multiple credits?  For example, I just received a refund the other day for a cancelled cruise on Symphony. The refund consisted of 12 different credits to my credit card.  

Finally received 100% refund for May 10 - Allure - Mediterranean cruise

Initiated March 24

Completed June 6

Called in early May for status update and was informed there was an "error", whatever that means

Edited by MLBFan24

On 4/15/2020 at 12:28 PM, Biker19 said:

Apparently, the Belorussian soccer league (the only in the world still playing) is very popular on TV.

I should note that the Bundesliga has been playing for a couple weeks now. And Korean baseball. And soon the Premiership!

Even better we finally saw the credit to our CC for taxes and fees. We canceled and requested the refund in mid-March. Unfortunately they only offer FCC for the fare. Took a bit more than two months to see the certificates.

Our cruise on Symphony of the Seas was cancelled while we we’re flying to Miami on 3/13.    We received FCC on 4/15. port taxes and cruise planner items were put back on my CC 12 weeks to the day on 6/6.  

We requested refunds March 25th for our March 15 and 22 sailings that didn’t sail and we still haven’t received our refund.  I called Royal today for the first time and the agent was so rude on the phone we asked to speak to a supervisor, and then he hung up on us.  We really don’t know what recourse we have right now but it’s incredibly frustrating that they are holding more than 10k in refunds with no answer as to when it will be refunded.  I’ve tried to be patient until now but it’s been almost three months of waiting as people have gotten refunds so much sooner than we have.

1 minute ago, Pianogrl44 said:

We requested refunds March 25th for our March 15 and 22 sailings that didn’t sail and we still haven’t received our refund.  I called Royal today for the first time and the agent was so rude on the phone we asked to speak to a supervisor, and then he hung up on us.  We really don’t know what recourse we have right now but it’s incredibly frustrating that they are holding more than 10k in refunds with no answer as to when it will be refunded.  I’ve tried to be patient until now but it’s been almost three months of waiting as people have gotten refunds so much sooner than we have.

Call again.  You are right and shouldn't have to wait this long.

We were scheduled for March 29th, Liberty of the seas. We cancelled March 7th. Received credit for excursions(2) for my husband and I on March 18th. Received our FCC for same cruise on May 4th. Have not received our credit for taxes and fees and our excursions we paid for another party. I have made several phone calls. I know they are trying...but if they would just be honest and let everyone know what is really going on, we could be happier....

With that said, I really do miss our cruises. Have a Happy Day

Still waiting for the refund for our cancelled May 2 Brilliance TA! I disputed the amount with the credit card company on May 18. On May 21 - Chase issued a $900 temporary credit, and said the other amounts in dispute had been resolved. After the other amounts were never credited online or to our billing statement that closed yesterday - I called Chase today. Refunds for other, unrelated RCI charges were incorrectly interpreted by Chase as being the charges in dispute, so I opened a new dispute today. It's getting old!