Are we the only one who hasn't received refund?

RICHARD D. FAIN
CHAIRMAN AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER

MICHAEL BAYLEY
PRESIDENT AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER

JASON LIBERTY
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT, CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER

They need to issue a statement, email, press release, something.  We were promised a refund on April 13th (they didn't say what year) for a cruise they kicked us off in Sydney on March 15th.

I don't blame passengers for losing patience.  We need to see progress.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 7:38 AM, Dadof2kids said:

I see a lot of people have been refunded but we have not seen ours yet. We were scheduled to sail March 30 and waited until Royal canceled.  We decided to get the refund because did not know when we were going to be able to sail again.   Is there anyone else that was supposed to have already sailed that has not been refunded yet?

It takes time.  Minimum 30 business days from when your refund was requested.  My clients have not received theirs yet either.  It will happen, just have to be patient.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, karena1 said:

It takes time.  Minimum 30 business days from when your refund was requested.  My clients have not received theirs yet either.  It will happen, just have to be patient.  

But my problem. In my case Royal isn't saying be patient.  They are claiming that they already issued my refund and that the bank hasn't released it. So they are just lying.

• Like 2

Just now, karena1 said:

Wrong,  I am on no conference calls or anything like that.  I just know they have thousands of people looking for refunds so it is going to take time.  So please stop attacking me.  I mostly book for family and friends, I am a tiny fish in a huge pond. I have 18 personal cruises booked, and have some refunds for extras coming and from one cruise coming.  So I am waiting like everyone else.  I just choose not to bash Royal over it and be patient that I will eventually get my refunds.  I was told by Royal when I called that at a minimum it would be 30 Business days to get a refund. 

I get your position. What is your explanation as to why I was told they posted the refund to the bank on April 11 and to check with my bank as to why I have not gotten refund. The bank says they posts refunds in 24 hours and that gas been my experience with other refunds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MoniMommy said:

I get your position. What is your explanation as to why I was told they posted the refund to the bank on April 11 and to check with my bank as to why I have not gotten refund. The bank says they posts refunds in 24 hours and that gas been my experience with other refunds.

I have no idea and was not addressing that.  Hoping your issue gets resolved soon.  Stay safe and have a wonderful weekend.

For a frame of reference, I am getting weekly or more often emails from the CEO of Delta on the status of the airline. My travel for my May 3rd cruise to BCN on Delta was canceled and I was able to process a refund (rather than a future use credit) online via Delta. The refund hit my card 2 days later. 

Delta continues to impress me. Clearly the best run of the US Airlines. Granted I realize that Delta is US based and received US government support (where as RCL has not) but my refund occurred weeks ago, long before the announcement two days ago that airlines had agreed to loan terms with the government. 

RCL should be ashamed for what they are doing here.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MoniMommy said:

Two things...you may have misunderstood the agent you talked with or the agent misspoke?  What they seem to be stating... the money is in their bank, the request for refund has been processed but they have not released the funds to your/my/our bank accounts. 

Edited by rolloman
sp

We have not received a refund yet but it’s not quite been the 30 days as originally promised.  So I can be patient for a while yet.

However I have an October cruise booked and they will not get a dime more of my money unless I get a refund before final payment which is the beginning of July.  This can not be an accounting or posting issue.  If it only takes a moment to charge my card it could happen while I was on the phone asking for the refund and processed within a few days. I did get our cruise planner money back within a week or so.  They are sitting on the money for their reasons.  

I’m okay with 30 days.  Longer then that and it looks like they have no intention of refunding all of us. I love RCCL but but am disappointed in them right now. I hope this all turns out well all around.

20 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Two things...you may have misunderstood the agent you talked with or the agent misspoke?  What they seem to be stating... the money is in their bank, the request for refund has been processed but they have not released the funds to your/my/our bank accounts. 

No, that's not what she meant because she told me to call my bank.

Just now, MoniMommy said:

No, that's not what she meant because she told me to call my bank.

Well then she must have misspoke or dare I say lied to you. Mine was processed the 6th of April... I sent in my request March 13th for a RCCL canceled trip the next day on the 14th.

How many customers, hotel rooms, various hotel chains, management chains, call centers, etc does Marriott/Bonvoy have around the world? Are they likely not processing a ginormous amount of cancellations just like the cruise lines?

March 19. I cancelled my overnight stay at the EWR Marriott, March 26 full refund on my credit card.

Personally, I'm skeptical regarding "30 days"

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MoniMommy said:

But my problem. In my case Royal isn't saying be patient.  They are claiming that they already issued my refund and that the bank hasn't released it. So they are just lying.

This. Exactly!

Going through the same issue for my Port fees, Internet plan and taxes from a March 30 sailing that I cancelled the afternoon of March 13. Royal cancelled the cruise 7 hours later so I only get 100% cruise credit. Yeah, whatever. Called two days ago (4/16) to see where my money was. CSR said it was refunded on 4/7. I said my account isn't showing any credits. She said they refunded it in 3 different amounts and I needed to check with my bank. I told her again that I'm looking at my account online and it would have the most recent info.  She told me again, they refunded the money and I needed to check withe the bank to see what was going on.  Called the bank and they have nothing pending. They recommended I open a dispute. Started the dispute process the same day (4/16). We'll see what that does.  Somebody isn't being honest through this process and it appears to be Royal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, badvector said:

Somebody isn't being honest through this process and it appears to be Royal.

Welcome to CC and you might be right. Oh and does it fell good to come out of lurk mode?

Edited by Biker19
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, badvector said:

This. Exactly!

Going through the same issue for my Port fees, Internet plan and taxes from a March 30 sailing that I cancelled the afternoon of March 13. Royal cancelled the cruise 7 hours later so I only get 100% cruise credit. Yeah, whatever. Called two days ago (4/16) to see where my money was. CSR said it was refunded on 4/7. I said my account isn't showing any credits. She said they refunded it in 3 different amounts and I needed to check with my bank. I told her again that I'm looking at my account online and it would have the most recent info.  She told me again, they refunded the money and I needed to check withe the bank to see what was going on.  Called the bank and they have nothing pending. They recommended I open a dispute. Started the dispute process the same day (4/16). We'll see what that does.  Somebody isn't being honest through this process and it appears to be Royal.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I will call royal more time and make a  note of the name of the agent and time. I will then file a credit card dispute. If Royal bans me from crusing with them, so be it. 

4 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

Thank you for sharing your experience. I will call royal more time and make a  note of the name of the agent and time. I will then file a credit card dispute. If Royal bans me from crusing with them, so be it. 

Why would they ban you from cruising with them for trying to get your money back your due?

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Some have reported that RCI may ban folks who have disputed credit card charges.

I read one story on Elliott.org but this was a person who took a cruise, complained, received a FCC for her troubles, and still filed a credit card dispute which she lost. She was then banned. I don't know if banning customers for credit card disputes is a regular practice. I hope not, but if I am that will be a sign that we shouldn't cruise again even though it means forfeiting the $900 FCC that we have.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

I read one story on Elliott.org but this was a person who took a cruise, complained, received a FCC for her troubles, and still filed a credit card dispute which she lost. She was then banned. I don't know if banning customers for credit card disputes is a regular practice. I hope not, but if I am that will be a sign that we shouldn't cruise again even though it means forfeiting the $900 FCC that we have.

If that's true that's shocking 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

If they ban people who file a dispute to get their $$$ ...and continue to not allow those over 70 sail, 

they won't have any customers.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Jonbiloh said:

For a frame of reference, I am getting weekly or more often emails from the CEO of Delta on the status of the airline. My travel for my May 3rd cruise to BCN on Delta was canceled and I was able to process a refund (rather than a future use credit) online via Delta. The refund hit my card 2 days later. 

Delta continues to impress me. Clearly the best run of the US Airlines. Granted I realize that Delta is US based and received US government support (where as RCL has not) but my refund occurred weeks ago, long before the announcement two days ago that airlines had agreed to loan terms with the government. 

RCL should be ashamed for what they are doing here.

I am usually not a cheerleader for any airline, but Delta has been extraordinarily  informative and helpful  They granted me a continuation of my Silver medallion status until 2022.  I cancelled  three flights and received  credits because I intend to travel a lot next year.

Royal?  Their putzing around with my refund has made me reluctant to cruise with them again.

Edited by Judyrem
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

How many customers, hotel rooms, various hotel chains, management chains, call centers, etc does Marriott/Bonvoy have around the world? Are they likely not processing a ginormous amount of cancellations just like the cruise lines?

March 19. I cancelled my overnight stay at the EWR Marriott, March 26 full refund on my credit card.

Personally, I'm skeptical regarding "30 days"

So true, I think the frustrations from those seeking a refund come from the feeling that Royal is holding the money for their purposes not for their customers interest.  I'm still less than 30 days so I don't have a complaint, yet.  I am being patient.  But like you said, the whole travel industry is dealing with major cancellations and still managing to communicate with their customers and process refunds in a timely manner.  The cruise industry is not the only industry faced with this crisis.  This board is filled with examples of customers being told incomplete and inconsistent information.  The communication from Royal Caribbean has been sub par in my opinion.  30 days from date of cancellation is what most were told and received on the cancellation website. Not 30 days from when your sailing was to take place, not our company has been overwhelmed with refunds and not 30-90 days.  In the absence of communication and action from RCI people will become that voice and speculate as to why they're not getting refunded.  I still have 12 days to go so I will continue to be "patient", but reading about other cruisers experiences who have gone over the 30 day period and receive nothing yet makes me skeptical.  It's okay to question and criticize RCI's handling of the refunds so far. I still have a hard time understanding  why it takes so long to reverse an electronic charge, 30 days is more than enough time regardless of the impact this has had on RCI.  They still manage to e-mail me to book a future cruise and I can still go online and make purchases on the cruise planner for our January cruise, and that money paid to them is instant.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, mafig said:

If they ban people who file a dispute to get their $$$ ...and continue to not allow those over 70 sail, 

they won't have any customers.

Need to read all the words in the anecdotal story shared......woman TOOK THE CRUISE.....then filed a CC dispute.  I would ban her arse too.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1