When is your new cruise date?

UGACamper

My May 9th Panorama Cruise was cancelled.  Looking to rebook that cruise sometime in 2022 since I already have 2 other cruises booked for 2021.  I have a cruise on the Horizon scheduled for October 25, 2020. We will see what happens with that one.

• Like 1

Mardi Gras Thanksgiving sailing.  Because I had Amex Offers I put down $2200 on it, refundable.  There are signs that Mardi Gras may not be ready even without this Covid-19, so I want to prepared and am searching for an alternative cruise in 2021 to my $2200 to.  

I always always book with refundable rates, no matter which cruise line.  This time around my strategy saved me so much grief.  

What do you book the fun select rate?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On 4/15/2020 at 9:05 PM, tricky_tink said:

Us too! We were cancelled for May and now doing July 18th Magic....Fingers Crossed!

We are on the Magic sailing before yours. July 12th, we were supposed to have sailed on the Magic March 22nd. 

• Like 1

4/27 Carnival Inspiration canceled - rescheduled to May 16 Carnival Fantasy - canceled - rescheduled to August 31 Carnival Fantasy

5/2 Carnival Panorama canceled - rescheduled to October 3 Carnival Magic

As an aside, in the past 12 months, I have had RCCL Vision September 2020 changed their saiiling so I rebooked to the Enchantment 11/2020.  Had a cruise for 1/2020 with MSC which was turning into a disaster with their CSRs so was refunded and went on Celebrity Summit in 1/2020.  Had a cruise booked with RCCL when the scare started and after 4/27 and 5/2 canceled by us in March for 5/3 Adventure of the Seas which was then of course canceled.  So I have now 6 cruises in 12 months that have been changed/altered/canceled.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

What do you book the fun select rate?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No it was a different one but I forgot the exact name.  Right now there is a "Cruising into Savings" rate that is refundable and comparable to the one I booked.  Carnival used to regularly have a past guest rate that is known to be refundable but i haven't seen that for a while .  They now change the name of the refundable rates from time to time.  

I suspect Carnival is subtly trying to make it not as obvious which rate is refundable.  You really have to read the fine print each time to make sure.  

• Like 1

the two cruises I had planned this year have been cancelled 

9th May Radiance sailing and 17th September Hawaii sailing 

so I am now looking at re-booking for next year there might be some potential dates in September of this year depending on COVID-19 and depending on the airline I will be using 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 4:10 AM, molole said:

Mardi Gras Thanksgiving sailing.  Because I had Amex Offers I put down $2200 on it, refundable.  There are signs that Mardi Gras may not be ready even without this Covid-19, so I want to prepared and am searching for an alternative cruise in 2021 to my $2200 to.  

I always always book with refundable rates, no matter which cruise line.  This time around my strategy saved me so much grief.  

Yes. We stopped booking nonrefundable/Early Saver when Carnival started raising prices. There was just no point since there was hardly ever a price drop. We moved our April 2021 Mardi Gras sailing to October 2021, just to be sure. Now, it looks like we may have to move the Panorama to April 2021, if our rebooked July 18, 2020 sailing gets cancelled too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, molole said:

No it was a different one but I forgot the exact name.  Right now there is a "Cruising into Savings" rate that is refundable and comparable to the one I booked.  Carnival used to regularly have a past guest rate that is known to be refundable but i haven't seen that for a while .  They now change the name of the refundable rates from time to time.  

I suspect Carnival is subtly trying to make it not as obvious which rate is refundable.  You really have to read the fine print each time to make sure.  

thank you very much 🙂

• Like 1

May 16, 2020 Legend out of NYC cancelled.

April 18, 2021 Pride out of Baltimore to Bermuda in it's place. FCC and OBC paid for the cruise and left us with an $870 OBC.

Still have Pride 14 day Journey cruise in November to look forward to. Hopefully, we will be cruising by then!!

Karen

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Our March 30th Sunshine was canceled.   We rebooked the Breeze August 29th 2020.  We upgraded from a 5 to a 7 day.  Fingers crossed. 🤞

Waiting for a callback from the PVP, guess we’re rolling the dice on 8/8 Sunshine🤞🤞

• Like 1

For years I have always had a minimum of 5- 6 cruises booked. However, right now I am down to 3 cruises after recently having a cruise cancelled earlier this week.  I fully expect the 3 cruises I have booked between now and October to be cancelled. I have no plans to book another cruise until cruise lines resume operations and I see cruise ships are sailing without any COVID-19 outbreaks. 

• Like 1