Final Payment Date

MSPCUBS

I am booked on a British Isle cruise for Sept. 13.  On checking the Princess website, it appears that they have moved the final payment date from 90 days to 60 days.  I contacted my TA to inquire about my final payment date.  Because I know they are busy, I said she could just email me the date.  I received the invoice and the payment date had not changed.  Before I call, can anyone tell me if their TA has changed their payment date for a cruise departing before October?

Thanks.

Emailed our TA yesterday with the same question. She said it had not changed. I replied with the new Princess info and she is looking into it. I have not heard back. I want to wait as long as possible to make the best decision as to pay or cancel.

Edited by Musky Ike

My TA replied that she had called Princess again and they said our Sep 2 was not included in revised date. I called Princess and they said it was. I also did a mock booking for this cruise and Princess site says 'Deposit $200 - Remainder July 4th' which is 60 days.

It should be 60 days, you may want to tell your TA to look at this page:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cancellation-final-payment-policy/

Appears that many TAs are confused about the changes and are not able to keep up with the details of every cruise line as they update, nor can they get through to their phone lines any easier than we can.

• Like 1

I contacted my TA back office right away when I saw this change, but our file booking had not been updated as yet.  It could be that it is not an instantaneous update (esp. with known history of Princess IT).  I am going to wait a while and check again as our original FP was JUN 9, so there is quite a while before need to confirm it is now AUG 7.

The new policy is very clear on the website, so I an not worried.

Finally talked to my TA.  My new final payment date is July 15.She did say that she could not do an automatic payment and that I would need to do it before that July 15 date or to call her before that date and she could do it.

I feel better knowing that I have another month before I have to decide.

Edited by MSPCUBS
wrong date

5 hours ago, Tedferg said:

My TA replied that she had called Princess again and they said our Sep 2 was not included in revised date. I called Princess and they said it was. I also did a mock booking for this cruise and Princess site says 'Deposit $200 - Remainder July 4th' which is 60 days.

Our TA agreed with me and updated our invoice to show 60 days.

On 4/16/2020 at 3:30 PM, Micahs Grandad said:

Final payment date for our August cruise is now June. Gives us more time to decide if we want to go even if cruise does go off as scheduled.

How in the world could they handle social distancing on a cruise ship?

Can I ask which August cruise you are booked on? I have emailed our PCA at Princess to ask about the final payment date for ours (Crown, 22nd Aug from Southampton), but not had a reply.

25 minutes ago, Ruthmcp said:

Can I ask which August cruise you are booked on? I have emailed our PCA at Princess to ask about the final payment date for ours (Crown, 22nd Aug from Southampton), but not had a reply.

Try doing a mock booking on your cruise. It will show Deposit and 'Remainder due ##/##/#' that is Final Payment date

I did a mock booking it shows June 23rd for Final Payment. 14 Day Midnight Sun ????

Edited by Tedferg

The payment date on our 7th October Crown Princess cruise was changed from 9th July to 8th August. HOWEVER, we booked it under a £1 deposit deal about ten months ago and the change triggered a request for extra deposit payable yesterday. Had a reminder this morning to say our cruise would be cancelled if we didn't pay it. Princess HQ are apparently trying to fix the issue and we were told to keep checking our booking....not ideal!

Sandra

Edited by dides

5 hours ago, dides said:

The payment date on our 7th October Crown Princess cruise was changed from 9th July to 8th August. HOWEVER, we booked it under a £1 deposit deal about ten months ago and the change triggered a request for extra deposit payable yesterday. Had a reminder this morning to say our cruise would be cancelled if we didn't pay it. Princess HQ are apparently trying to fix the issue and we were told to keep checking our booking....not ideal!

Sandra

See another thread about 'extra deposits' apparently it is a computer error caused by change from 90 to 60 days. 

15 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Try doing a mock booking on your cruise. It will show Deposit and 'Remainder due ##/##/#' that is Final Payment date

I did a mock booking it shows June 23rd for Final Payment. 14 Day Midnight Sun ????

Yes that's the one! Thank you Tedferg.