Any Air Canada passengers?

I have a return flight to Heathrow for my end of May cruise out of Southampton. My cruise is the Anthem northern Europe .  Air Canada has cancelled my original departure time and now I see they have cancelled my original return flight time. No one from the airline contacted me of these changes. I checked their policy and they are offering a flight credit, no refund. Has anyone been successful in getting a refund from Air Canada?

If you booked non-refundable, you won't get a refund from AC. 

You may have options, though.

If you purchased this quite some time ago, depending on hour credit card and / or travel insurance you may be able to get get a refund for flights with the cruise portion cancelation as the justification. I was just able to do this on account of the Boston Marathon being cancelled. 

From AC, you should shortly get an email which will allow you to quickly get a flight credit valid for 24 months from the time of travel. If you do not get that pretty quick here, just give them a phone call. I have had to switch two other flights into credit, the wait time was about 30 minutes on the phone, but the actual switch was painless and quick. 

19 minutes ago, sailing sue said:

I have a return flight to Heathrow for my end of May cruise out of Southampton. My cruise is the Anthem northern Europe .  Air Canada has cancelled my original departure time and now I see they have cancelled my original return flight time. No one from the airline contacted me of these changes. I checked their policy and they are offering a flight credit, no refund. Has anyone been successful in getting a refund from Air Canada?

I have never received a cash refund from AC, during normal times, and under Covid. They are not being mandated to give cash refunds by our Canadian Federal Government.

I did one time get a full cash refund, when I paid the full fare refundable flight.  It came by email confirmation the second I cancelled the flight on-line.

I just spent two hours on the phone with Air Canada.  Had a return flight home from Montreal to EWR at the end of May.  I was able to get about a 50% refund to my credit card.  Not really sure why only 50% but it had something to do with the fees.  My other choice was to take the voucher as someone else mentioned above to be used within 24 months.  See, I don't foresee using that,  I took the refund.  At least it wasn't an expensive flight, and the partial refund is better than nothing. 

3 minutes ago, the_thunderbird said:

..... If you do not get that pretty quick here, just give them a phone call. .....

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Having tried to call Air Canada I can tell you that is easier said than done.  In the past their reservation line has literally picked up and played a recording that they are too busy to take phone calls, if this is important go to a ticket counter at the airport.  And then it hung up

I have almost 8k in Air Canada for an Alaska sailing on August 1st.....if RC cancels that sailing.....I'm going to be out with AC big.

2 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Having tried to call Air Canada I can tell you that is easier said than done.  In the past their reservation line has literally picked up and played a recording that they are too busy to take phone calls, if this is important go to a ticket counter at the airport.  And then it hung up

I have almost 8k in Air Canada for an Alaska sailing on August 1st.....if RC cancels that sailing.....I'm going to be out with AC big.

It hasn't been bad for the last couple of weeks, like I said I've done it twice this month. And now I'm booking some "corporate" flights today via phone, and waited about fifteen minutes. 

No doubt that RC sailing will be cancelled, hopefully you will have a better option than credit with AC!

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

This is from their web-site and appears to relate to your situation.

1700616358_ScreenShot2020-04-16at2_19_56PM.thumb.png.3ac6bfb5a8d27c6f4dc7f3d4e14134a5.png

To potentially save you some time, this only works if you have an existing AC account that was active when the flight was booked, if thats not the case you need to wait for the email, or call in. Might want to check your Junk for the email, mine came in very quickly after flight cancellations - less than an hour.