Your Last Cruise

Eddie99

Our last cruise to date was on Oceana. This was the last minute cancelled Dubai itinerary. We hadn't been on a plane or to the Med for years but the price was too good to miss. We had a fantastic time. The food was very good so was the entertainment, but I didn't gel with the ship and I don't know why. However it made me fall back in love with 'warm' cruises and I hope I can go back again soon.

I like positive threads. We have to be optimistic.

• Like 3

On 16 April 2020 at 6:56 PM, Eddie99 said:

Well, let’s hope it’s not last = final but last = most recent.  
Who knows though, particularly for those of a particular vintage?

So, we’ve had the thread with memories over first cruise, now how about a brief chat about the last cruise you were lucky enough to take?  Mine was just January 2020 and I’ll be happy to add a few thoughts about it later.  For now - over to you, friends.  Your last cruise - however you choose to interpret that

Ours was on Britannia end of Feb Caribbean fly cruise from Manchester. Had a great time , weather was good , entertainment good, the house band accent were excellent . Tried all the different dining locations and couldn't fault any.  All good health wise , didn't even catch cruise cough this trip!!

Hoping to return in Feb 2021 If it's safe to do so (fingers crossed) 😎

• Like 1

Our last one was this time last year, with MSC Bellissima. We prone to cruise with new ships. This year we booked P&O Iona at end of August. It is our first cruise with P&O, and it is my longing for Norwegian Fjords . The balance is due on 1st of May. Don't know what to do...

• Like 1

Last cruise was on Royal Caribbean's Rhaposdy of the Seas out of Venice to the Greek Islands in October, for some reason we were delayed out of Venice and didn't end up arriving in Kotor until the evening meaning we were walking around at night. 

Quite scary climbing up the fortress steps in the pitch black as there's no lighting but a stunning view with everything lit up.      Rest of the cruise was nice but that was the standout moment for me.    Also going up the Acropolis in Athens was another for the memory bank, hard work though as it was sweltering.

Have actually booked another cruise to go back to Kotor in April next year with P&O to hopefully get the chance to explore during daylight and get a proper look.

• Like 2

Our last, but not final, cruise was the last cruise Oceana nearly did!!! Cut short when Spain closed her ports....however we did have a lovely 10 day cruise .....extremely well looked after by P and O, as usual we met some lovely people, had good food, good entertainment, good weather and, as far as we know, no sickness on board!!

We arrived home on 18 March and have been in lockdown ever since!!

We do have more cruises booked so will carry on cruising as soon as we can.....

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 4/17/2020 at 8:44 AM, billfish said:

Our last cruise was on the Summit on Feb 1st. with a group ( The Miracle Waiters ) that we  have been cruising with every year since 2009.  We met on Cruise Critic back in 2007 to plan our cruise on the Miracle in 2009  

The Summit cruise had 60 members from our original group as well as many people that have joined along the way  We have become a a cruising family and very close friends  We had a wonderful time but I think that may be be our last cruise with them as we are over 70 and perhaps are cruised out   

If you want to see who the Waiters are look up " Miracle Waiters " on utube there a a few clips of our group

That was our first and only cruise! I just went and watched the videos you mentioned on YouTube, we were in the video! Thanks for sharing that, we are going on our second cruise on the 19th, Can’t wait! Once I booked I came on here again and don’t see all the old posts from the group :(. Hope you are doing well!