Nice if RCL would move final payment closer to embarkation

kelmac

I've got a few cancelled cruises that I'm waiting for a refund.  It's been 34 days since their cancellation (another cruise line) and no feedback at all.  We are scheduled to cruise in September, with our final payment due mid-June.  This is on the Ovation, but I'm not comfortable enough to give any cruise line any more of my money.  I guess I will just cancel and eat the deposit or the FCC if that's the way they go.  It would be nice if the cruise lines would move their final payment dates closer to the actual sail date so customers could make an informed decision related to the Coronavirus and their travel plans.  I know final payments come in handy when you have cash flow problems and need to pay employees, fuel costs, ship payments, and refunds due to past customers, but that could all go away in bankruptcy situation.

Are you paying off your up-coming cruises?

Kel

Edited by kelmac
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, kelmac said:

For the close in final payments (for the next 6 weeks), they are covered by the CWC policy, so those folks have another choice. You and others outside of current CWC limits, don't have that worry yet but also don't have a choice. You either pay it or it will be cancelled.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kelmac said:

I've got a few cancelled cruises that I'm waiting for a refund.  It's been 34 days since their cancellation (another cruise line) and no feedback at all.  We are scheduled to cruise in September, with our final payment due mid-June.  This is on the Ovation, but I'm not comfortable enough to give any cruise line any more of my money.  I guess I will just cancel and eat the deposit or the FCC if that's the way they go.  It would be nice if the cruise lines would move their final payment dates closer to the actual sail date so customers could make an informed decision related to the Coronavirus and their travel plans.  I know final payments come in handy when you have cash flow problems and need to pay employees, fuel costs, ship payments, and refunds due to past customers, but that could all go away in bankruptcy situation.

Kel

We have a cruise in July.  The balance was due 4th April, but they extended by 30 days.  We have no intention of paying them any more money - but just need to hang in and see if they extend the current suspension for a further month and then we have full ATOL protection for the deposit, flights and hotels.  I would not advise anyone to pay - FCC may simply not be worth anything.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RETNAVY1996 said:

Don’t see them changing it, they are using it as their pay in forward program.  hoping they keep enough coming in to pay the current bills, $400 million monthly, compared to going out for people who want money back vice FCC.   Based on what people are saying about time to get the money back they will keep your payment if you make it until around 30 days after your Cruise is cancelled.   I am just trying to figure out where the breaking point is based on FCC’s being given out and bankruptcy. 

It’s got to be coming.  RCL has invested a lot of their working capital into projects and ships. Ships are mostly leveraged. Who is going to invest in them?  The ships will survive, just who owns them or runs them later is the question. 

In my opinion 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, julieanne99 said:

We have a cruise in July.  The balance was due 4th April, but they extended by 30 days.  We have no intention of paying them any more money - but just need to hang in and see if they extend the current suspension for a further month and then we have full ATOL protection for the deposit, flights and hotels.  I would not advise anyone to pay - FCC may simply not be worth anything.  

How and when did they inform you that your final payment wasn’t due for another month? Only asking because we have a final payment coming up for an August cruise that I would love to get by non refundable deposit back for.

4 hours ago, julieanne99 said:

How did you get an extension? Our final payment for our July 6 cruise is due April 22 and I would love more time! Thank you,

• 2 weeks later...

Oh - really sorry - I have only just seen this and it's beyond your deadline.  But I contacted the CEO's office and made the request.  

On 4/17/2020 at 3:23 AM, Seaforfour said:

How did you get an extension? Our final payment for our July 6 cruise is due April 22 and I would love more time! Thank you,

1 hour ago, julieanne99 said:

Oh - really sorry - I have only just seen this and it's beyond your deadline.  But I contacted the CEO's office and made the request.  

That could become a PITA if everyone starts contacting the CEO...........Come on Royal, put it in writing and extend it for everyone! spilt it, make it 45 days for everyone.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1