Taxi rates

flipflops55

Hi I have a trip planned to Aruba with my family there are 9 of us. Can someone give me some info on taxi rates? I know we are only allowed 5 people per taxi. We are only doing beach and some site seeing. Weighing my options of renting a car or not.  

Thank you 

Karen

On 4/17/2020 at 12:04 PM, flipflops55 said:

Hi I have a trip planned to Aruba with my family there are 9 of us. Can someone give me some info on taxi rates? I know we are only allowed 5 people per taxi. We are only doing beach and some site seeing. Weighing my options of renting a car or not.  

Thank you 

Karen

You're better off taking 2 cabs if your going to Eagle Beach or Palm Beach.  Cab each way is no more than $15.  If going to BabyBeach, rent a 15 person van.  Also, have a change of clothes since most cab drivers will not let someone in their taxi since they assume the person's bathing suit is wet and they will not get into a debate about it.  Putting a towel on the seat doesn't cut it.

There are several options, including the taxi and bus, both listed below:

Below is a video of walking directions from the cruise terminal to the bus stop. It is really easy to take to the bus to Eagle Beach, which drops you off around Amsterdam Manor, but please read the notes at the end of the video, as there are helpful details about the buses.

Here are the taxi rates from the cruise terminal. Please note that I have been told numerous times, and as recently as last October that taxis will not allow you in if you are wet or have sand all over you, and you can be charged extra if this is an issue.  Although with 5 people the taxi is probably the more convenient option.  Just make sure you are dry and don't have any sand on you.

254264599_10KCeIMG2171a56732748_10214028910612911_1330752362049961984_n.thumb.jpg.88ef2b052046cc7a608cfa2f3eecdf30.jpg

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Buses run around every 20 minutes on the main routes, especially north to the hotel area.  Not designed for luggage, but great around town.  Last time we were there bus fare was $2.40 US and you could buy mutitrip and multiday passes.  Main terminal is behind the grey building in the center of the video that was posted.  Check arubus.com for routes.

Note that there are lots of vans who charge around $2.50/trip and pick up anyone at the bus stops.  They don't take bus passes but locals tend to use these a lot.  And they are not allowed into the bus terminal so don't freak when they drive the road behind it.

We have used both of these on a lot of cruises.

Edited by LeeW
website

• 2 months later...

I have rented a car through Orbitz, from Budget for total cost of $33 for a day for our stop in Aruba.  You may want to check out a van price.  You can do what you want and it may end up costing a lot less.