Cruise Critic Community
mommyx2

When will NCL announce next wave of cancellations like other cruise lines have done?

2 hours ago, seaman11 said:

what port and destination?

11 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Miami to Belize and Mexico, 5 days great prices, better book now before they are sold out!

Thanks for the laugh, I needed that!😄

Even a major travel site with a "ticker" has no longer any listings for cruises in May or June including NCL.

Steve

3 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

Should be Tuesday at 10am

That's very specific.  Just "stirring the pot" or do you know something that makes you think so?

40 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

That's very specific.  Just "stirring the pot" or do you know something that makes you think so?

Did not mention a time zone, gives him a 24 hour field.  Ever hear that song It's Always 10 AM Somewhere?

I really wish they would make the announcement. "Supposed" to be on Epic May 17 from Barcelona, Spain going to Italy. Also, by the way flying from NYC.  Not going to happen. Family of 4 ,plus shore excursions and flights.

I'm leaving from NYC June 4th, suppoi to be on the Epic June 7th traveling around Italy. I too don't think it will happen. But I want to cancel my air and hotel if they are going to cancel.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Even a major travel site with a "ticker" has no longer any listings for cruises in May or June including NCL.
Steve

The only travel site I see allowing you to book a cruise in May or June 2020 is NCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

23 minutes ago, bsw620 said:

The only travel site I see allowing you to book a cruise in May or June 2020 is NCL.

Absolutely false.  I was able to view and mock book a June 2020 cruise on just a couple of major sites.  Doesn’t mean they will be sailing, of course.

Absolutely false.  I was able to view and mock book a June 2020 cruise on just a couple of major sites.  Doesn’t mean they will be sailing, of course.

I didn’t say there were absolutely none as an absolute truth- I said the only one I have seen.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, bsw620 said:

I didn’t say there were absolutely none as an absolute truth- I said the only one I have seen.

Then try c........com

Edited by logan25

Then try c........com

I’m good, not trying to book anything. Just waiting on NCL to cancel my Alaska cruise that they know is not happening.

Posted (edited)

Wait what do you mean? We’re leaving NY for Bermuda on the 17th of May, I just finished getting my bag ready..... You mean you guys aren’t going?!?!? Why?

I printed my bag tags and am ready to be first in line for that Haven poundcake and those Vibe Passes!

I bid 15,001$PP on a Haven Courtyard upgrade, do you think I’ll get it, what did you bid????!?!?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😜😜

3AF32BE5-96E6-43EC-BC60-06604D8E948E.jpeg

Edited by BoundForSea

NCL is not a leader but a follower.  They were the last one to do it before and they are the last one to do it now.  They might wait till a day before your sailing to announce the cancellation so you have to keep the FCC instead of getting a refund.  Totally screwed by them in March and will likely get screwed again in May.

I was just checking NCL .com and cruises through the end of June are showing as sold out. It doesn't look like any NYC departures are cancelled beyond that date at the moment. 

Only the Jewel and the Joy are listed for Alaska in May now.  The Bliss is no longer there.

Posted (edited)

Checking the app... yup. My June 1 Alaska cruise on Jewel has gone from “let’s get you upgraded!” to “don’t lose your reservation, make a payment!” 

Good grief, it took them long enough to start setting up the cancellations. We’ll probably get the email tomorrow. 

Edited by coastcat

Yea, I guess we have all been waiting for this.  Well, most of us anyway.

Illinois just extended the lockdown for another month through May.

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

5 PM Friday is the odds on favorite.

I'm going to 'under bid' you by just a wee bit, and go with 4:00, right after the markets close. 

3 minutes ago, DGP1111 said:

I'm going to 'under bid' you by just a wee bit, and go with 4:00, right after the markets close. 

...and I will take it to 3:00 just because I'm in Central Time Zone.  🙂

Going on the time honored wisdom that it's always 5 o'clock somewhere.