Cancelled Cruise 20% off offer

soxfanattic

My Sun cruise to Alaska in September has been cancelled. If I am reading this correctly, If I rebook a cruise, I get 20% off. If I book 2 cruises would I get 20% off both? I would think not but has anyone done this?

Thanks for the help.

NCL's site states that if your new cruise is less than the value of your FCC, you will be issued a new FCC for the difference. In that case, you could still use the remaining balance of your FCC to qualify for another 20% discount.

We did exactly that.

Also, know that if you book online, the 20% is deducted only from the individual with the FCC, not the traveling companion. CALL NCL and they will apply the 20% to the companion as well. 

~Brian

Edited by shukapaw
  • Like 1

The 20% thing is a sham.  They've jacked up the prices because the only people booking cruises right now are the ones using their FCCs.

The smart play is to not book anything now, wait until the cruise industry starts up again, wait until after final payment, and snag some killer deals.

I promise you that you're getting a horrible deal if you're booking now, even with the 20% off.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, pokerpro5 said:

The 20% thing is a sham.  They've jacked up the prices because the only people booking cruises right now are the ones using their FCCs.

The smart play is to not book anything now, wait until the cruise industry starts up again, wait until after final payment, and snag some killer deals.

I promise you that you're getting a horrible deal if you're booking now, even with the 20% off.

Our Sept 21 Med cruise cost us £3500 for a mini suite with large balcony...todays price is £5200 so even with 20% off it's more expensive.

However our Nov 20 cruise is cheaper and yesterday we managed to upgrade from an inside cabin to balcony for £30pp. This cruise was already quite cheap, so I think it depends on the individual cruise but I'd imagine that a lot of people are cancelling this year's cruising and transferring to 2021/22.

39 minutes ago, rachiem said:

Our Sept 21 Med cruise cost us £3500 for a mini suite with large balcony...todays price is £5200 so even with 20% off it's more expensive.

However our Nov 20 cruise is cheaper and yesterday we managed to upgrade from an inside cabin to balcony for £30pp. This cruise was already quite cheap, so I think it depends on the individual cruise but I'd imagine that a lot of people are cancelling this year's cruising and transferring to 2021/22.

I'm glad you got this cheap upgrade, but you'd probably get a much better deal by waiting.

This is because insides/oceanviews/balconies are likely to be dumped for extremely cheap once cruising starts up again (and once final payment for each cruise passes).

I am curious, how much are you paying per person for this balcony room now (after the upgrade fee), and how long is the cruise (and where?)

November 20 does encompass Thanksgiving for a 7-day cruise, so those will be more expensive, but only for cruises where the majority of cruisers are from the USA.

Anyway, given the cirumstances and the fear of cruising (which will not have subsided by November, no matter what happens going forward), you will almost certainly get a better deal after final payment date if you're buying an inside/oceanview/balcony.

Food for thought.

9 minutes ago, pokerpro5 said:

I'm glad you got this cheap upgrade, but you'd probably get a much better deal by waiting.

This is because insides/oceanviews/balconies are likely to be dumped for extremely cheap once cruising starts up again (and once final payment for each cruise passes).

I am curious, how much are you paying per person for this balcony room now (after the upgrade fee), and how long is the cruise (and where?)

November 20 does encompass Thanksgiving for a 7-day cruise, so those will be more expensive, but only for cruises where the majority of cruisers are from the USA.

Anyway, given the cirumstances and the fear of cruising (which will not have subsided by November, no matter what happens going forward), you will almost certainly get a better deal after final payment date if you're buying an inside/oceanview/balcony.

Food for thought.

In the UK we have non refundable cancellations...so if you change or cancel the cruise, you loose your deposit.

I booked this last Sept. 1 week from Barcelona...Ports of Naples, Rome, Florence, Nice and Palma. We have done this cruise twice now and love it. We also love the Epic, although we have no other NCL ships to compare it with (we were supposed to be on the Gem last month, but that was cancelled)

There were only 2 BF cabins left without the privacy balcony too.

We've paid £750 pp, which for this itinerary is a lot cheaper than we have previously paid.

Edited by rachiem

12 hours ago, pokerpro5 said:

This was not the case for the cruise we reserved I had it eyed and faved months ago and it was at about 1200 per person. Nowadays its a 750 and with the extra 20% it was a good deal. I can cancel and rebook anyway if it happens to drop in price beyond the current price plus the extra 20% I got.