NCL reportedly looking to sell stake in company

luv2kroooz

1 hour ago, blcruising said:

A secondary offering would be safer than borrowing money at 12% like Carnival did but if you expect the stock get back to previous levels then borrowing would be better. 

Edited by fastpitchdad

This supports my contention they are cash short. Why would you buy shares when if they do have an equity issue you will simply be diluted???

I continue to feel they will survive but project Leonardo will be canned or mothballed

1 hour ago, Mrdodgy said:

This supports my contention they are cash short. Why would you buy shares when if they do have an equity issue you will simply be diluted???

I continue to feel they will survive but project Leonardo will be canned or mothballed

No offense, but contending that the cruise lines are currently cash short is like contending that the pope is Catholic.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, blcruising said:

8 hours ago, fastpitchdad said:

A secondary offering would be safer than borrowing money at 12% like Carnival did but if you expect the stock get back to previous levels then borrowing would be better. 

NCL already borrowed money...$1.55 billion secured by the Epic.

Carnival, in addition to borrowing money sold an 8% stake in the company to the investment arm of the Saudi royal family.

The point is that it's not a case of one way or the other to their cash on hand...they're doing both.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mrdodgy said:

What is Project Leonardo, sorry trying to stay in the loop regarding NCL, we are still waiting for a refund from 15th March cruise and have another one booked for September balance due end May, bit of a dilemma will NCL still be trading or will the sailing be cancelled.

7 minutes ago, wakey16 said:

What is Project Leonardo, sorry trying to stay in the loop regarding NCL, we are still waiting for a refund from 15th March cruise and have another one booked for September balance due end May, bit of a dilemma will NCL still be trading or will the sailing be cancelled.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Leonardo

Edited by ColeThornton

2 minutes ago, wakey16 said:

That's the next series of new ship builds - a totally different design. the biggest difference is that the ships will run on LNG, Liquified Natural Gas, which is more fuel efficient and better for the environment than diesel.  

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

That's the next series of new ship builds - a totally different design. the biggest difference is that the ships will run on LNG, Liquified Natural Gas, which is more fuel efficient and better for the environment than diesel.  

they will not run on LNG.

the ship yards have contracts with the cruise lines, they need them too. But with Corona everything will be delayd so maybe the new ships are coming later, who knows if NCL will survive.

3 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

the ship yards have contracts with the cruise lines, they need them too. But with Corona everything will be delayd so maybe the new ships are coming later, who knows if NCL will survive.

3 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

Sorry, I thought they were supposed to be.

Edit: Royal's Icon Class new builds will be LNG. It will be interesting what happens to all these new ships that are supposed to be debuting. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

I hope NCL do survive all this, we have had some great cruises in the past and love the Jewel Class most of all. We have recently had a few with TUI which are German owned and have been quite good, not quite the standard of NCL though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fastpitchdad said:

The CCL deal included the Bonds at 12% (4 billion), convertible bonds at 5.75% (1.75 billion) and stock ($500 million) the stock offering was going to originally for 1.5 billion in stock, with lower amounts for the bond.  Could not find enough buyers for the stock, even at $8 per share (the Saudi Arabia Sovereign Wealth fund bought most of it around $350 million).

Will be interesting to see how much NCLH will be able to sell and at what terms.

Edited by npcl

5 hours ago, Steff79 said:

Even with contracts there are ways to get out of them for a certain penalty. NCL cancelled the Norwegian Epic's sister ships that were under contract during the last recession. Sadly I don't think the Leonardo ships will happen and if they do, they might look at them again in five years. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

Thanks cole for the link 

These orders extend our disciplined and measured newbuild program and strong growth trajectory well into the future… " said Frank Del Rio, president and CEO of NCLH. "Our six-ship Leonardo Class fleet will allow us to broaden our deployment into strong performing and mature unserved and underserved markets and offer new experiences to our guests."

There is no way they will build 6 new ships over over 5 years indeed they have gone very quiet about it - no launch brochure at all.

Edited by Mrdodgy

1 hour ago, ohioNCLcruiser said:

Even with contracts there are ways to get out of them for a certain penalty. NCL cancelled the Norwegian Epic's sister ships that were under contract during the last recession. Sadly I don't think the Leonardo ships will happen and if they do, they might look at them again in five years. 

Glad I am not the maverick that can see this coming or not 

15 hours ago, molole said:

Time to buy NCL stock?  

My wild guess is the stock will drop on Monday.  News of the possible PIPE (Private Investment in Public Equity) was released (leaked?) like a politician would with bad news; after the closing bell on a Friday afternoon.  Investors have the weekend to forget there may be delusion of NCLH shares in the near future.  We'll see. 

On the other hand, investors could view the potential of a PIPE as a good thing as NCLH is less likely to go into bankruptcy.  Investors could view a Monday morning drop as a buying opportunity and the stock rebounds into market close. 

Most likely I'm completely wrong and the stock takes off like a rocket first thing Monday morning. lol

Out of curiosity I will plug NCLH and CCL into my stock chart and watch for any deviations between the two.  (RCL, CCL and NCLH usually track together.) 

• Thanks 1

NCL is #3 in a very competitive market.  I has significant assets, is highly leveraged,  operations will eventually return to where it was six months ago and like many travel stocks is trading at bargain basement prices.  That will attract some interest from parties that can withstand some short term pain for long term gain.