When will they cancel Europe 2020

kingart55

37 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

Always did want to visit Florida in the middle of the summer.  Oh, forgot. . . it's a dry heat.  😊

Sorry, it is not like the heat in Arizona.  Remember the last time you were in a steam room?  That is Florida in the Summer.  Plus an afternoon thunderstorm in places to cool you off.😀  

1 minute ago, keesar said:

Sorry, it is not like the heat in Arizona.  Remember the last time you were in a steam room?  That is Florida in the Summer.  Plus an afternoon thunderstorm in places to cool you off.😀  

Oh and don't forget our hurricanes.....

On 4/20/2020 at 11:45 AM, maxsales said:

Well, this being a USA website the assumption is the booking was made under USA rules. If that isn’t the case it would be helpful if the post stated that. My comment was meant as a reflection on the choice people make when booking in a NRD vs RD environment. If you want the lower fare then you assume the risks attached to it. 

Who told you that???.

On 4/19/2020 at 8:13 AM, weacat said:

What would you do?  

I’ve been reading these boards and listening to the news constantly. We have the cyber Monday deal of $25 deposit on a late 2020 July Europe cruise. The final payment is due on April 30th. I know we won’t go on this cruise, but should we continue to wait until the 30th before we cancel?  

I called the certified vacation planner yesterday and they told us to wait until the 30th to cancel so we get our $50 as a refund instead of fcc. (we can handle losing the $50). 

Will they charge our credit card on the 30th without notification?

We also booked our Oct. 12, 2020 Europe cruise with this $25 deposit offer.  We also did Celebrity air with the understanding that if we cancel, the air would automatically cancel.  Our final payment is not until mid July.  We will just wait it out.  The $25 deposit was also non-refundable.  So I doubt we would even get that back if X cancels this cruise before the final payment date.  If X does not cancel before final payment, we will definitely cancel.  No need to tie up our money just to wait and see when this cruise would be canceled.

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

I saw this article a few minutes ago.  I was hopeful about northern Europe....if any part of a European cruise season could be salvaged, I would think it would be the Baltic region.  However, who knows about Russia

The $25 deposit was also non-refundable.  So I doubt we would even get that back if X cancels this cruise before the final payment date.

We finally canceled and they offered our $50 deposit as FCC. We weren’t expecting it but very happy that they did that.

It doesn't look like France, Italy or Spain will open up it's borders for tourism before end of July / August if at all in 2020. Hence the cruise season in the Mediteranean will be very likely cancelled. Possibly the chance for baltic cruises is a bit higher as the situation there except for Russia looks better.