Is JUNE 2020 too soon?

slimknyzer

If we didn't have so many things booked now moving forward, I would book a cruise for the end of June when they start sailing again. I wouldn't even care where it was going, I would just want to be back on a ship. Unfortunately with all of the cancellations with the cruises, we just went ahead and booked an AI in the DR for July and then will go to Miami after that. 

I just booked the 8 night southern on the Horizon on June 27th (2019). I am afraid to even tell friends and family because they will tell me I'm crazy. Maybe I am... but I feel like I don't have anything to lose at this point because our travel abroad plans were already cancelled.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, slimknyzer said:

I found  great deal for a cruise out of Galveston late June, 2020.  It this too soon amid the Pandemic?  Will Carnival cruise by then?  What are your thoughts?

My thoughts.....my opinion. I'm 72 y.o. and wife is 70. Here in Texas, we have not even peaked out as far as infections go, much less reached a plateau. I believe that, while the number of infections are still on the rise, it would not be prudent to even think about booking a cruise, until we start to see the number of infections...not rate of infections(2 different things) start to diminish over time. Soooooo....IMHO, it's way to soon to begin to consider to start thinking about booking a cruise.

(with that said, flame suit on!)

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, FlaMommy75 said:

I just booked the 8 night southern on the Horizon on June 27th (2019). I am afraid to even tell friends and family because they will tell me I'm crazy. Maybe I am... but I feel like I don't have anything to lose at this point because our travel abroad plans were already cancelled.

Sorry, I meant 2020 and can't figure out how to fix it. 

Apparently, I don't know the date, time, or even year these days...LOL!🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, outdoors27 said:

Been booked since last August for June 27th on the Panorama. Fingers crossed we can sail. If not will have to wait until Feb 2021..

I’ve been booked on the same cruise since November 2018. I’ll be shocked if it happens.  If it does sail it’ll be the first cruise back for carnival and I’m not going to be the guneia pig in that ship LOL I’ll cancel if they don’t.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Smooth sailor77228 said:

I’ve been booked on the same cruise since November 2018. I’ll be shocked if it happens.  If it does sail it’ll be the first cruise back for carnival and I’m not going to be the guneia pig in that ship LOL I’ll cancel if they don’t.

It's a tough decision. 

I put a 2 day hold on July 19th Horizon cruise. It's a Havana Premium Vista (?) balcony 8470 . I'll never pay "normal" prices for this room, so might give it a shot while it's a lot cheaper. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FlaMommy75 said:

I am looking at this cruise! Such a great deal!!

• Like 2

I can't fathom how anyone thinks the CDC will allow cruising in June.

Cruises will be the LAST thing to come back long after all other large public gatherings including sporting events.  They recognize it is a unique environment and will treat it as such, that is why that industry ended up in the spotlight when others haven't.

• Like 7

20 hours ago, FlaMommy75 said:

My sister and her family are on the same cruise! My niece is totally believing that they will still sail. I told her not to get too excited. I don't think that the ABC islands will be accepting tourists that soon. I hope that they get to sail, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 1

If you only put a deposit down that's short money. Maybe I'm spoiled that I got moved to a lower rate on my June 27th cruise, that allows for final payment 30 days before sailing. Other than that if you truly enjoy cruising and plan on continuing to cruise I don't see it as money wasted to have some future cruise credits and possible OBC.

3 hours ago, ray98 said:

I can't fathom how anyone thinks the CDC will allow cruising in June.

I can fathom nearly anything with the White House impatient to get the economy up and running as soon as possible. But you're right that the CDC has been none too happy with the cruise industry recently.