Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
ICT lineman

Fleet Locations and next Scheduled sailing

Recommended Posts

Information is from latest Oceania website and Marinetraffic.com

 

Riviera anchored near Marina off Miami Beach

     .... May 26th :: Venice to Barcelona

 

Marina anchored near Riviera off Miami Beach

     .... May 25th :: London to London

 

Sirena moored on westside of Port of Miami Island

     .... May 15th :: Athens to Athens

 

Nautica moored in Dubai

     .... May 19th :: Dubai to Rome

 

Regatta underway for anchorage in L.A.

     .... May 25th :: Vancouver to Seattle

             Note that Canadian Ports are closed until July 1st

 

Insignia moored in Tampa

     .... July 5th :: San Francisco to New York

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am pretty sure I read that the Seattle Port is also closed until July 1st.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not  to mention  some of those ports will still be closed  in May

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

With only crew, and no passengers with queasy stomachs, so no stabilizers needed, how long do you think it would take an R or O ship to make it from Miami to London or Rome? 😂. They aren’t sailing the Mayflower! 🤪

Edited by pinotlover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Canada is closed until the firm date of July 1. Seattle is NOT a firm date, it is closed "until the resolution of the public health emergency ...in conjunction with public health officials and our cruise line partners, the Port will regularly reevaluate this situation as the nature of this crisis evolves ".

 

This makes it easier for the cruises lines to not cancel and hold our deposits.

 

https://www.portseattle.org/news/port-seattle-expects-delay-start-2020-cruise-season

 

https://www.portseattle.org/page/covid-19-updates-2020-cruise-season

 

17 hours ago, deus said:

I am pretty sure I read that the Seattle Port is also closed until July 1st.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, floatplan said:

Canada is closed until the firm date of July 1. Seattle is NOT a firm date, it is closed "until the resolution of the public health emergency ...in conjunction with public health officials and our cruise line partners, the Port will regularly reevaluate this situation as the nature of this crisis evolves ".

 

This makes it easier for the cruises lines to not cancel and hold our deposits.

 

https://www.portseattle.org/news/port-seattle-expects-delay-start-2020-cruise-season

 

https://www.portseattle.org/page/covid-19-updates-2020-cruise-season

 

 

 

 

Most of us can cancel now and get our deposits back right away.  Our choice to wait.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RJB said:

Most of us can cancel now and get our deposits back right away.  

Deposits back - yes; right away - no 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Deposits back - yes; right away - no 😀

 

28 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Deposits back - yes; right away - no 😀

By right away I meant cash and not FCC.   In guess it will take some time to process all the refunds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, floatplan said:

Canada is closed until the firm date of July 1. Seattle is NOT a firm date, it is closed "until the resolution of the public health emergency ...in conjunction with public health officials and our cruise line partners, the Port will regularly reevaluate this situation as the nature of this crisis evolves ".

 

This makes it easier for the cruises lines to not cancel and hold our deposits.

 

https://www.portseattle.org/news/port-seattle-expects-delay-start-2020-cruise-season

 

https://www.portseattle.org/page/covid-19-updates-2020-cruise-season

 

 

 

 

 

Possibly a mute point. Where are the ships sailing to without circumventing the PVSA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info.  I wondered where all the ships were.  This is a logistical nightmare for cruise companies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

 

Possibly a mute point. Where are the ships sailing to without circumventing the PVSA?

Canadian ports are closed to ships with greater than 500 passengers,  Oceania could sail Regatta with less than 500.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

Canadian ports are closed to ships with greater than 500 passengers,  Oceania could sail Regatta with less than 500.

Does the crew count into the 500? After all, some of them can disembark just like the passengers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Does the crew count into the 500? After all, some of them can disembark just like the passengers.

Yes, crew are included in the 500.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PaulMCO said:

Canadian ports are closed to ships with greater than 500 passengers,  Oceania could sail Regatta with less than 500.

 

Hate to be the bearer of bad news....

https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/initiatives/covid-19-measures-updates-guidance-tc/backgrounder-covid-19-safety-requirements-commercial-passenger-vessels-ferries.html

"All commercial passenger vessels with a capacity of more than 12 passengers are prohibited from operating for non-essential purposes, such as tourism or recreational activities"

 

The 500 person capacity is to not affect the extensive ferry system we have here on the west coast

"Passenger vessels that may also be carrying essential cargo, or that are the only practical means for Canadians to access their homes, places of employment, or essential services. These vessels may continue to operate."

 

The intent was to eliminate cruise ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2020 at 4:08 PM, Hoopster95 said:

 

Hate to be the bearer of bad news....

https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/initiatives/covid-19-measures-updates-guidance-tc/backgrounder-covid-19-safety-requirements-commercial-passenger-vessels-ferries.html

"All commercial passenger vessels with a capacity of more than 12 passengers are prohibited from operating for non-essential purposes, such as tourism or recreational activities"

 

The 500 person capacity is to not affect the extensive ferry system we have here on the west coast

"Passenger vessels that may also be carrying essential cargo, or that are the only practical means for Canadians to access their homes, places of employment, or essential services. These vessels may continue to operate."

 

The intent was to eliminate cruise ships.

And they did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RJB said:

And they did. 

Will just tack this on here.

 

Canada has extended their border closure for another 30 days. And who knows after that? Are ports considered "borders"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, clo said:

Are ports considered "borders"?

Absolutely. Ports, international airports and any other places where you can enter a country from another country are borders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Absolutely. Ports, international airports and any other places where you can enter a country from another country are borders.

I figured they had to be. And Canada seems to be wisely taking it slow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Canadian borders pretty well closed except for residents/citizens (few exceptions like essential workers, truck drivers) returning home. Upon returning to Canada mandatory 14 day self isolation and will met at border where you must provide your isolation plan If  not satisfactory taken to hotel and put into quarantine. Self isolation to be monitored and will assist with services e.g. grocery delivery etc. Note in BC the 14 day mandatory isolation in place for anyone entering  BC internationally long before Canada/US border closed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, LJRVancouver said:

Canadian borders pretty well closed except for residents/citizens (few exceptions like essential workers, truck drivers) returning home. Upon returning to Canada mandatory 14 day self isolation and will met at border where you must provide your isolation plan If  not satisfactory taken to hotel and put into quarantine. Self isolation to be monitored and will assist with services e.g. grocery delivery etc. Note in BC the 14 day mandatory isolation in place for anyone entering  BC internationally long before Canada/US border closed.

Apparently the same in Australia & NZ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LJRVancouver said:

Note in BC the 14 day mandatory isolation in place for anyone entering  BC internationally long before Canada/US border closed.

In Ontario  it was mandatory but people were allowed to take the local bus or Taxi/Uber  from YYZ   home   some shopped on the way home 

Then they finally brought in the stricter rules  that if you did not have a plan to self isolate  you had to isolate in a hotel

Too little too late  IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lyn;

 

My b-I-l in Arizona says they still have Canadian snow birds hunkered in his community. Most have to start heading your way because they’re running up against a six month stay issue. 
 

Look forward to your reports on how well all those snow birds totally isolate once home!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Lyn;

 

My b-I-l in Arizona says they still have Canadian snow birds hunkered in his community. Most have to start heading your way because they’re running up against a six month stay issue. 
 

Look forward to your reports on how well all those snow birds totally isolate once home!

well lets hope they do  or they can just stay put 

they will just need to prove to the US authorities  they have closer ties to Canada

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

well lets hope they do  or they can just stay put 

they will just need to prove to the US authorities  they have closer ties to Canada

Staying over six months has tax consequences! 
 

Show me the money!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...