Club points not being wiped this year

latin princess

• 1 month later...

Weirdly for the last cruise of the Smerelda that was cut short I not only received club points but they seem doubled and with a random extra amount thrown in as well - Cant make head or tail of it They have just thrown an amount in and called it other points

Special
#cruisingsoon
with Costa Club

Costa Club is close to you also when you're at home.

A lot of reasons to cruise again together!

In this particular moment of our lives, not having you on board is a great sorrow for all of us. For this reason, we have decided to reward your loyalty with a series of benefits and advantages, looking forward to seeing you on board soon.

people_capitano.jpg.image.1340.450.high.jpg

#1 Costa Club points double

We have decided to give even more value to Costa Club points: for 2020 the points accumulated are worth double.

How does it work?

For you who are a Costa Club member, you will be awarded double the cruise points and any flight points. The advantage is valid for all 2020 cruises already made, scheduled or canceled directly by Costa Cruises. In the coming weeks you will find the updated points balance in your profile area.

For those who are not yet Costa Club members?

For you who have booked a cruise without being a Costa Club member, this is the right time to sign up! We will also award you double the points.

NOT A COSTA CLUB MEMBER? JOIN IT NOW

#2 Points don't expire

We have decided to extend the validity of your Costa Club points and therefore of your membership benefits by one year. In this way you have the opportunity to maintain and to increase your Costa Club level.

How does it work?

The next deadline for Costa Club points is now set for 06/15/2021 instead of 06/15/2020.

CHECK YOUR POINTS BALANCE

coming-soon-small.jpg

#3 Coming soon

We will reveal a new reason to leave together soon! Keep following us!

Waiting for welcome you onboard

• 2 weeks later...

Special

#cruisingsoon

with Costa Club

Costa Club is close to you also when you're at home.

A lot of reasons to cruise again together!

In this particular moment of our lives, not having you on board is a great sorrow for all of us. For this reason, we have decided to reward your loyalty with a series of benefits and advantages, looking forward to seeing you on board soon.

people_capitano.jpg.image.1340.450.high.jpg

#1 Costa Club points double

We have decided to give even more value to Costa Club points: for 2020 the points accumulated are worth double.

How does it work?

For you who are a Costa Club member, you will be awarded double the cruise points and any flight points. The advantage is valid for all 2020 cruises already made, scheduled or canceled directly by Costa Cruises. In the coming weeks you will find the updated points balance in your profile area.

For those who are not yet Costa Club members?

For you who have booked a cruise without being a Costa Club member, this is the right time to sign up! We will also award you double the points.

NOT A COSTA CLUB MEMBER? JOIN IT NOW

#2 Points don't expire

We have decided to extend the validity of your Costa Club points and therefore of your membership benefits by one year. In this way you have the opportunity to maintain and to increase your Costa Club level.

How does it work?

The next deadline for Costa Club points is now set for 06/15/2021 instead of 06/15/2020.

CHECK YOUR POINTS BALANCE

coming-soon-small.jpg

#3 Coming soon

We will reveal a new reason to leave together soon! Keep following us!

Waiting for welcome you onboard

this is indeed good news Jerry

Do you know by when they will update the double points of all the cruises we have done in 2020 and will be doing later in 2020 ?

So far, my points are the same. They have not been increased, but the validity has been extended by one year

Should I phone to ask them to add the bonus points in my account and my wife's account?

Like everything with Costa its a waiting game. No point phoning them, it seems to me that it will all be done automatically at a given time. Something tells me that the "coming soon" offer may well be something like 25% added to vouchers to entice customers not to take refunds, although I could be wrong. Will be interested to see what the actual offer is. 

Other Cruise lines have offered 125% fcc instead of cash refunds.
But still there are many who insist on a cash refund, probably because
1. they have been put off cruising for a very long time
2. the prices of next year's cruises are up by more than 25%

• 1 month later...

I haven't cruised Costa in several years. However, we did cruise the line a lot in the 1990's. Was surprised to see today that their loyalty program is different from the other cruise lines owed by Carnival. No where does it show the many costa cruises we sailed in the past. Looks like my loyalty shows 0. Is this how that point system now works. They expire?

I was curious and wanted to see the ships I had sailed on and no where on the website does it show them.

On Holland America, Princess, and Carnival, we have gotten credit for all our cruises and have establish a nice level of loyalty.

Costa points expire every 3 years, regardless of whether or not you sail with them.
So you cannot keep your accumulated points more than 3 years. They will have to expire.
this year because of covid-19, Costa has given a 1 year extension to all points, as a special exception.

in case of MSC, to keep your accumulated points alive (and prevent them from expiring), you have to sail with them at least once before the expiry of 36 months from your last Cruise.

Like everything with Costa its a waiting game. No point phoning them, it seems to me that it will all be done automatically at a given time. Something tells me that the "coming soon" offer may well be something like 25% added to vouchers to entice customers not to take refunds, although I could be wrong. Will be interested to see what the actual offer is. 
I have still not received double points for the sailings done in 2020

I transferred a cruise from September 2020 to May 21 and got €500obc on tip of loyalty points obc. Sailing ng solo.  Price was exactly the same 
I never have never heard of anyone getting 500 euros as OBC from Costa for transferring a cruise from 2020 to 2021.
what was your Cruise fare and how many nights