Live virtual Transatlantic on the Regal

scubacruiserx2

13 minutes ago, rdsqrl said:

Loved the sailaway video!!

Great , my natural inclination was to film from the aft balcony as on a previous Regal cruise . In that video the prop wash drowned the Love Boat theme so I went against our nature and went with the crowd around the pool in order to pick up the theme on video .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

awesome.  I have been in aft suite but not on Royal class ships.  

I've been in an aft suite but it wasn't my cabin. I did eat some dang good M&Ms in the suite though. 😄

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jwattle said:

Well, heck, since in reality I'm working twelve hour days at the Emergency Operations Center five days a week, I believe that we'll be checking in with you! 😄

If you guys are going count me in. 😁

502F650A-CA9E-415F-8316-613EC357A031.jpeg

• Like 2

Last night's dinner

We had requested traditional dining , first seating as we like to get to know our waiters and it was located aft , directly below our cabin . However, we were assigned anytime dining which means we can choose from the Symphony or the Concerto both located Midship .

Menu

DSC04676_zps9pc0fwuo.jpg

I saw 2 mains that I liked - so I ordered both !

The Curtis Stone Pork Tenderloin

DSC04679-001_zpswkpmwh6v.jpg

And the Texas Chili and cornbread

DSC04680-001_zpsxpk4yjnh.jpg

And my DW , Pat found her Alfredo !!

DSC04678-001_zps1b3vxbn8.jpg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, waterbabyfish said:

Well we're running a little late, we are in e 725 just below you...Hi! I was just on the regal in December and decided to book the transatlantic with a friend so we are tagging along too!

Hi neighbor and welcome aboard .

38 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

all the food in your dining room pics were great.  How was that Curtis Strong Pork tenderloin?

Thank you , lots of food photos to come as we eat our way across the ocean . The tenderloin was tender with a nice flavor .

The Cruise Critic M&G at Club 6 . Conducting our meeting was the dynamic duo of Cruise Director Martyn who hails from the UK  and Deputy Cruise Director Simone from Brisbane .

IMG_7387_zpsjd52cui9.jpg

The format was mostly Q&A but when Simone saw my imposing camera she displayed her cheeky side by suggesting that I photograph "her best side" .

IMG_7384-004_zpsndlw8f4a.jpg

I had originally cropped the photo for a close up of Simone and had almost forgotten that the lady on the right had a funny reaction seen here in the uncropped version .

IMG_7384-001_zpsiqd9mnul.jpg

Sailaway was fun... nice sunset too.

Met our dinner companions... a Dentist from Long Island, a pair of retired teachers (sisters - i'm not really sure which is the older one) and a couple our age from California who seem to be in the wine business - not sure if that's production or just consumption.

Skipped the show - we usually do and grabbed a drink at the wheelhouse bar. Not sure about that - we often end up at Crooners for the music, but first night is often too noisy... we'll see.

Just woke she-who-must-be-obeyed up from her post-breakfast nap for lunch before her afternoon nap. We were both busy at work last week and naps to recharge the batteries are the 1st order of business. Missing the fur kids.

Thank you for posting pictures of people outside by the pool and in shorts and t-shirts. I went for my walk a  little while ago with jeans, turtleneck, sweater, winter jacket, gloves ,mask and still cold. Although it was sunny, the temp was in the 30's !

It is more active on this virtual roll call, than my other roll calls.

Thanks for being so creative. I also like the Regal and have been on the ship 6 times.  Most recently on b2b  on the U.S. inaugurals on the Sky Princess. 

Sali

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

Ah...great idea!!  Don't forget to check out the Club Class Dining area!!!  Isn't that balcony spectacular?😁

Will do Gracie . Yes it is and we'll be having a few meals out there with the sunsets . We had a similar wrap balcony on HAL that was fully covered .

DSC08128%202_zpsb0749w2u.jpg

DSC06923%202_zpssdnxllxz.jpg

12 minutes ago, Orangefan said:

Thank you for posting pictures of people outside by the pool and in shorts and t-shirts. I went for my walk a  little while ago with jeans, turtleneck, sweater, winter jacket, gloves ,mask and still cold. Although it was sunny, the temp was in the 30's !

It is more active on this virtual roll call, than my other roll calls.

Thanks for being so creative. I also like the Regal and have been on the ship 6 times.  Most recently on b2b  on the U.S. inaugurals on the Sky Princess. 

Sali

Wow , record heat in South Florida . We like to visit cool weather and planned this trip to beat the heat .