Live virtual Transatlantic on the Regal

scubacruiserx2

After leaving Stonehenge our next stop was Windsor Castle .IMG_7980_zpspyspra1x.jpg

Windsor Castle has the distinction of being the longest - occupied castle in Europe .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windsor_Castle

After parking down the street and agreeing on a meeting time , we all set out on own . Along the way I was drawn to photograph this vehicle .

IMG_7948_zpshzz3aprv.jpg

I remarked to my wife , " If this is what the church organist drives , I'm in the wrong business ! " Arriving near the entrance , the next stop was the loo (and I don't mean Waterloo ) . I found this map there :

IMG_7949-001_zpst9c8ajod.jpg

I like to take map shots , in case we get lost ! But I found a better one later on the net .

Windsor%20Castle_zpsetegehnd.jpg

Seeing the Royal Standard flying confirmed the Queen's presence in the castle .

IMG_7951_zpsm6hpqpfx.jpg

images_zpsrjzwmtxc.jpg

1 hour ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Thanks will do . We think it just a sore throat for me and sinuses for Pat . We get it in the Spring with the cool and windy blowing the pollen around .

Lol here I was thinking it was a virtual sore throat 😳

Take care both of you.

Soon we won’t know what reality is or will it ever be the same after this twilight zone we’re in.

IMG_7955_zpshzszabna.jpg

The round Tower garden

IMG_7961_zps0eqsaqa6.jpg

One of my favorite sights in the castle area

IMG_7965_zpsbm1ylde8.jpg

As we walked around inside , we saw this jaw dropping room - the State Banquet . After taking this photo  I was told no photography , something I had somehow missed in our frenzied pace . I'm glad that got this one , what a beautiful room !!

IMG_7968_zpsbirdnean.jpg

Exiting the enclosed area , my next photo is the Upper Ward ( I think ) .

IMG_7969_zpsljtte8nz.jpg

Our last stop was St. George's Chapel .

IMG_7977_zpspac50zzj.jpg

IMG_7979_zpsadzqop8w.jpg

Photo op 

IMG_2941_zpsceqkekq8.jpg

This may be the Captain of the Guard . Note the uniform and armament differences .

L1130193_zps7dullqjd.jpg

Anyone considering a visit to Windsor Castle may want to take a look at their official video before going :

After dropping the others off we returned to the ship 

• Like 1

We had priority boarding for our water shuttle to Guernsey with 1 goal in mind - to catch the ferry boat to Herm about 3 miles away . The plan was to walk around the cliff path to the South East corner of the island to Puffin Bay .

puffin bay.png

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Your puffin pictures are magnificent! Love puffins and you really presented them so well.
Also loved your Windsor Castle video. Did not make it this time, but it is on my list for future sailings.

The history of the Castle is fascinating.  Thank you for all of this wonderful and informative information and pictures.

wow, you have such clear pics of both the island and the birds.  Thanks for sharing.  We too just had our second cruise cancel for 2020.  Oh well there is always next year.  Cheers

13 hours ago, Loucat said:

Your puffin pictures are magnificent! Love puffins and you really presented them so well.
Also loved your Windsor Castle video. Did not make it this time, but it is on my list for future sailings.

The history of the Castle is fascinating.  Thank you for all of this wonderful and informative information and pictures.

You're welcome Loucat and thank you for your kind words .

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

wow, you have such clear pics of both the island and the birds.  Thanks for sharing.  We too just had our second cruise cancel for 2020.  Oh well there is always next year.  Cheers

Thanks and you're welcome . Sorry about that . We got the news yesterday that HAL cancelled our trip to Iceland , Norway and Greenland in August . Worse , the price for a similar cruise next August has doubled for the same suite .

5 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Thanks and you're welcome . Sorry about that . We got the news yesterday that HAL cancelled our trip to Iceland , Norway and Greenland in August . Worse , the price for a similar cruise next August has doubled for the same suite .

That’s the problem, they offered all the cancellations in March and April 125 - 175% FCC so put the fares up accordingly and more, for us not getting 175% FCC were are Royally screwed.😳

My son needs a handicap cabin so I book early, now December is cancelled and next year the prices are high and not much available for handicap cabin on TA that also fits in with his college schedule 😡😡

Your puffin pictures are incredible. Thanks for sharing. May I ask what focal length of zoom lens you used? I've added a side trip to Herm when ever I get back cruising. We did plan a British Isles trip one day. 

3 hours ago, Julia’s Journey’s said:

BTW,

We’re all so lucky to be enjoying this virtual cruise and your awesome pictures,

Thank you so much 👍👍👍

Thank you and you're welcome . Sorry to hear about you're scheduling difficulties we all can relate .

2 hours ago, homeinboca said:

Your puffin pictures are incredible. Thanks for sharing. May I ask what focal length of zoom lens you used? I've added a side trip to Herm when ever I get back cruising. We did plan a British Isles trip one day. 

I used a 70 -300 mm for the closeups .