Some good news for us!!

Hflors

Ok so our 50th anniversary is December of 2021.  I have been looking at a cruise to hawaii / Tahiti for some time and I thought I had found it, but alas tge timing of leaving in Oct. 21 and returning in Nov. Just doesn't fit our schedule.   So dh says why don't you look for after our anniversary.    Well what do you know?  I found the perfect cruise.  It leaves on Feb. 1st of 2022 and lasts 32 days!   Perfect timing for us.  So I called HAL yesterday and booked the cruise.  Now I know everyone I know will think I am crazy.  Here we are in the middle of a pandemic, but I don't care.  I am happy to just think that we have something to look forward to when all of this if finally over.  Yes, I know there is a a chance that we will not be able to go, but I will worry about that if and when it happens.  For now I have something to think about and look forward to.

BTW. There is a promotion going on.  Included is, gratuities, 15 alcoholic drinks and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks per day, and dinner at pinnicle grill and canalita.   

Heres hoping we can go when this mess us finally over!!    Helen

• Like 18

3 minutes ago, Hflors said:

Now I know everyone I know will think I am crazy. 

I don't think you're crazy.  I booked a cruise for February 2021 just 12 days ago. Several others have also recently booked cruises.

We all agree that looking forward to a cruise will help get us through this mess.

Stay safe and happy cruising!

• Like 5

Certainly hope that there is a covid-19-specific vaccine tested, approved and available for all you early 2021 (and later) guys.  Even before this latest scourge I never embark on my autumn cruises until I've received the regular flu vaccine.

We are booking the Ryndam transatlantic leaving Amsterdam October 2021.  We are keeping good thoughts that it will be a reality...and our booking includes all the promotional perks.  Looking forward is a positive thing...enough of this quarantine.  Stay well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hflors said:

Ok so our 50th anniversary is December of 2021.  I have been looking at a cruise to hawaii / Tahiti for some time and I thought I had found it, but alas tge timing of leaving in Oct. 21 and returning in Nov. Just doesn't fit our schedule.   So dh says why don't you look for after our anniversary.    Well what do you know?  I found the perfect cruise.  It leaves on Feb. 1st of 2022 and lasts 32 days!   Perfect timing for us.  So I called HAL yesterday and booked the cruise.  Now I know everyone I know will think I am crazy.  Here we are in the middle of a pandemic, but I don't care.  I am happy to just think that we have something to look forward to when all of this if finally over.  Yes, I know there is a a chance that we will not be able to go, but I will worry about that if and when it happens.  For now I have something to think about and look forward to.

BTW. There is a promotion going on.  Included is, gratuities, 15 alcoholic drinks and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks per day, and dinner at pinnicle grill and canalita.   

Perfect!  Hope you will be on that ship and have a wonderful, wonderful time!  It sounds like a great cruise.

36 minutes ago, recruiter 28 said:

We are booking the Ryndam transatlantic leaving Amsterdam October 2021.  We are keeping good thoughts that it will be a reality...and our booking includes all the promotional perks.  Looking forward is a positive thing...enough of this quarantine.  Stay well.

What port is disembarkation for this cruise?

Congratulations.

It's great to have something to look forward to.

You will have a wonderful cruise.😃

It beets cutting the grass

Edited by Gail & Marty sailing away
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, cayman09 said:

I highly recommend the Vow Renewal Ceremony. We had our 40th on the Nieuw Amsterdam in the med and it was wonderful.

Captain O'Driscoll did our ceremony last fall in the Med for our 50th on the Nieuw Statendam.  I recommend it too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cayman09 said:

I highly recommend the Vow Renewal Ceremony. We had our 40th on the Nieuw Amsterdam in the med and it was wonderful.

I neglected to mention that  our 40th anniversary was spent on the rotterdam also on a hawaii / tahiti cruise.  We also did the vow renewal ceremony and enjoyed the experience.  I am sure we will be doing it again...

8 hours ago, Hflors said:

Congrats on your upcoming anniversary!  We were going to celebrate our 45th an my 65th birthday (how did that happen?) on our now canceled April cruise and have rebooked it for late September this year.  Is that too soon?  I don't know, just waiting.  .......so......  All that said, I think you are very wise planning for 2022!