Celebrity Cruises - where are our ships?

EnthDegree

On 3/4/2021 at 2:37 PM, ECCruise said:

Solstice appears to be on the way to the Philippines. 

1940826180_Eclipseatsea.jpg.e4b32b0894c52c31b93e765decfc7b6f.jpg

....and here is what her sister looks like in her new livery.

Edited by EnthDegree

1 hour ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Infinity is at Gibraltar today. The hull colour still remains the same and does not change to deep blue.

That is interesting - if so, adds weight to the rumours about her and Constellation

52 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

They definitely did some paint, just not the full blue. The paint was looking pretty rough. 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1366159301845389317

Ev0HLp3WYAI8yWI?format=jpg&name=large

This is very interesting. Clearly most of the ships needed their registration inspection dry docks so doing them prior to returning to normal service makes a lot of sense.

This type of basic drydock almost requires the painting of the hull in order to inspect and improve fuel economy (removal of barnacles, repairs and touch ups) but there is a massive difference in cost if you want to change the colour as a change requires a number of finishing coats.

So Celebrity have taken the cheap option on infinity but not on the "S" class and one which does not fit with the rest of the fleet.

Looks like they expect to get rid soon!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, york survey said:

This is very interesting. Clearly most of the ships needed their registration inspection dry docks so doing them prior to returning to normal service makes a lot of sense.

This type of basic drydock almost requires the painting of the hull in order to inspect and improve fuel economy (removal of barnacles, repairs and touch ups) but there is a massive difference in cost if you want to change the colour as a change requires a number of finishing coats.

So Celebrity have taken the cheap option on infinity but not on the "S" class and one which does not fit with the rest of the fleet.

Looks like they expect to get rid soon!!

Time will tell. I'm not sure what the current ETA for Beyond is, but it's well under construction. At some point you would think they will need to reduce overall fleet capacity to some degree. 

The other interesting thing is how inconsistent the fleet is now and how long they will let that go. With the shortened dry docks due to the Oasis incident, COVID, etc. what was intended to be a unified upgrade M & S class-wide is now a little messy.

3 hours ago, paulh84 said:

They definitely did some paint, just not the full blue. The paint was looking pretty rough. 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1366159301845389317

Ev0HLp3WYAI8yWI?format=jpg&name=large

The video shows them putting blue on the part that is white in the photo.  You can see them spraying over the "NO TUG" indication which is blue-on-white in the photo.

30 minutes ago, D C said:

The video shows them putting blue on the part that is white in the photo.  You can see them spraying over the "NO TUG" indication which is blue-on-white in the photo.

https://www.fleetmon.com/vessels/celebrity-infinity_9189421_45058/photos/2347305/

That's a different area. If you zoom in on that photo you can see there are additional hatches that say No Tug that are mostly blue right at the waterline. 

6 hours ago, paulh84 said:

https://www.fleetmon.com/vessels/celebrity-infinity_9189421_45058/photos/2347305/

That's a different area. If you zoom in on that photo you can see there are additional hatches that say No Tug that are mostly blue right at the waterline. 

However, there are no hatches in the blue area of that photo. They are clearly painting above that lower blue/white line in your photo. 

10 hours ago, D C said:

However, there are no hatches in the blue area of that photo. They are clearly painting above that lower blue/white line in your photo. 

This is the area being painted in the photos. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 7.40.12 AM.jpg

On 3/9/2021 at 8:43 AM, paulh84 said:

This is the area being painted in the photos. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 7.40.12 AM.jpg

Aha!  I stand corrected, thanks!   I pulled up an older pic I took of the Connie that was a better resolution and found that area.    Strange that they didn't mask off above the blue.  Guy must be GOOD with that sprayer 😉

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Apex is on it's way to join Silhouette and Reflection in Barbados after spending a day at Port Everglades. 

Millenium is near the Panama Canal on her way back to the Caribbean. 

Any update on Reflection in Barbados ?

8 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Any update on Reflection in Barbados ?

From what I can tell Reflection hasn't left Barbados in quite some time. I would imagine they have some sort of plan in mind to deploy elsewhere come summer. It seems Barbados may be the kick off point for Apex and Silhouette as they head across the pond.

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

From what I can tell Reflection hasn't left Barbados in quite some time. I would imagine they have some sort of plan in mind to deploy elsewhere come summer. It seems Barbados may be the kick off point for Apex and Silhouette as they head across the pond.

I think I read Silhouette will be heading to Europe to do cruises for locals...Hope so then they will cancel my July Reflection.

Edited by Ashland

8 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I think I read Silhouette will be heading to Europe to do cruises for locals...Hope so then they will cancel my July Reflection.

Silhouette -  apparently she is heading to the UK for a UK resident only cruising season with a crew that does not need to be vaccinated.  CDC is going to love that!