Drink Package Price has decreased

13 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Have you guys successfully booked and paid for your drink/excursions etc from your cruise planner?

I've been trying for two days and it rejects all the email addresses (4) I put in even a brand new one that I put in as a dot com address?

Needless to shorex and customer service were less use than a chocolate teapot (you can eat the chocolate). Perhaps RCI doesn't need my money.

Regards,

Cublet

No issues here

13 hours ago, LeeW said:

Unfortunately you can see the pricing, just can't do any reservations through the Planner.  Log in to cruise with reservation number, name, cruise date and ship.  Or maybe not - you might not want to know if there is a sale.

I found it and can see the pricing.  49 a day...to bad I can’t buy it because I refuse to give them more towards the cruise when they already have over 6k of mine tied up in fcc.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

First thing that I thought when I saw the $20/day drop for my sept Oasis sailing.  Do you think it's a coincidence that almost all of the price drops are for cruises listed for 2020 and none for 2021?  Question is, is it worth the $350 gamble (18% grats added)?

This is why they should be baiting the 2021 bookings. They can hold on to the money longer. Offering it to bookings that will likely be canceled is only digging a deeper hole for refunds that already aren't happening. The 2021 bookings will jump on the low price because they don't know how long the pricing will last. As it gets closer to the sail date and when they are sure the sailings are a go they can raise the prices.

do you get the OBC back right away that you used? I got the Deluxe back in Nov for $52, but now it's $41. I used $200 OBC.

Will that show up right after I cancel, I still want to use the $200 OBC for it.

Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pasodancer said:

$89 per person per day for our February 2021 cruise in IOS...…….I've never ever ever ever seen it that high!

Same for Oasis in Jan, that's the very top of what Royal says is their 'onboard pricing' in the package description when trying to entice you to buy it at the lower, pre-cruise price.  🙄

image.png.350e311e74782baae58672cba503150d.png

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I thought about it but willing to take the chance. I may get burned I may have saved some money. we will see.

You miss 100 % of the shots you don’t take. 

The price for me was 65 until now. I just jumped on 49. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

So in the event of a bankruptcy 6 months after you chose to give cash to that said company, the credit card company will take the hit for you for the full amount? Can they recoup any $$$ when said company has zero dollars and/or are in Chapter11?

They have covered me for goods not received in the past, but I also wouldn’t be waiting 6 months.

If RC goes bankrupt before my final payment in June, I’d be surprised.  If that is the case I’m a bit more worried about my 5 other non refundable deposits and the OTW cabana I currently have booked for October.

On 4/20/2020 at 5:24 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

I already have the DBP paid for on our October cruise. I’m not willing to risk canceling my current DBP and booking at a lower price. 

I'm a sucker for trying to save money. I cancelled and re-booked both the DBP and the UDP. I will probably have to pay again and wait for a refund. And we are probably going to cancel the cruise that leaves out of Spain before final payment anyway. If Royal Caribbean isn't nice enough to do it for us. (which I doubt) 

22 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I'm a sucker for trying to save money. I cancelled and re-booked both the DBP and the UDP. I will probably have to pay again and wait for a refund. And we are probably going to cancel the cruise that leaves out of Spain before final payment anyway. If Royal Caribbean isn't nice enough to do it for us. (which I doubt) 

Let us know how long before you get your refund. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/20/2020 at 8:02 PM, dominicr said:

Damn.  That makes me think they know they won’t be sailing so they are just trying to get people to buy a cheap package for cash flow.  

I posted same thought on another of these threads... right now it's like a pyramid scheme and sadly folk who are purchasing will hopefully be refunding my 3 week ago canceled CP purchases for a Sep cruise.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

I posted same thought on another of these threads... right now it's like a pyramid scheme and sadly folk who are purchasing will hopefully be refunding my 3 week ago canceled CP purchases for a Sep cruise.

We also cancelled Cruise Planner purchases on April 1st, for a December cruise.  I still haven't seen a dime.  

There is an excursion on my CP now that is on sale, which I have been thinking of booking.  But I won't book anything until I get my refund owed to me first.

My guess is that there will be lots of sales.  If we miss this one, there will be another one. 

How do you purchase a new beverage package with OBC when you are waiting on OBC for future cruise?  We elected to take the future 125% OBC for purchases on cancelled cruise.  Do you have to call some number to get them to apply it to your statement.  I will loose out on the 125% if I just book it without the existing credit plus be out more money.  We should be sailing now and our cruise was cancelled in the first wave.  Suggestions?  

Question - can you use OBC to purchase bev pkg prior to cruise or can OBC only be used one you are onboard?  My June 4th Lady Cruise was cancelled and we weren't in position to rebook,, so our lady group took refunds.  I had purchased DBP for daughter and I.  I was expecting to take the refund, but logging on to RC, I see that I can take my payment as an OBC of 125% of original payment.  The problem is that the OBC won't be available until May 22nd and right now the DBP for our Harmony Dec. 6th sailing is at $49/per day.  If I can use this OBC right away once I get the credit, I'm just afraid the bev pkg price will jump back up again.  Suggestions?

4 minutes ago, quinceemom said:

can you use OBC to purchase bev pkg prior to cruise or can OBC only be used one you are onboard? 

RCI provided OBC should show up available in the planner and usable for purchases - you'll need to call RCI to make it available.

18 hours ago, Saturngrl said:

Hoping it drops for my February 2021 HOS cruise.  It's holding at $89 per day currently. 

I dont see any specials for cruises after dec 2020 yet.  Great prices for my october and december sailings on dbp and voom.   Maybe 2021 cruises will have their dbp and wifi packages on their traditional memorial day weekend sales.  At this point I'm not booking or buying any cruise planner items and giving them any money till I get my refunds for cancelled cruises from this spring.

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

RCI provided OBC should show up available in the planner and usable for purchases - you'll need to call RCI to make it available.

Thank you!  I think we've decided to go ahead and purchase now while prices are down as I'm afraid as soon as those increased OBC's start dropping the prices on packages will go up accordingly.  

Thanks for the heads up on the discounts! I cancelled drinks packages for our September cruise (Majesty) on 3 cabins plus our December cruise (Explorer), initially paying (3 cabins) @ $50pppd down to $41pppd, so was glad to save some $$!! Sure hope these cruises are a go!

Drinks packages for our 2021 cruises are still pricing $80-$90pppd, which, for me, is ridiculous! Hope the DL will still be around or we will be drying out a lot! haha!

Edited by SilkySal
add