If You Are Scared To Cruise, Don't Cruise.

49 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I have to edit this to elaborate on the the LI attitude. A lot of our parents grew up in apartment buildings in Queens and Brooklyn. When they move out on Long Island and bought a home they had a very bad attitude toward anyone who still lived in those boroughs.  I remember my mother making comments as new neighbors move in every time they took a tree down. The first thing they do when they come from Brooklyn is take down the trees.  My father had to remind her where she came from. My life growing up was a constant reminder of how lucky I was to be able to live on Long Island with beaches and not have to run through a fire hydrant in queens.

Growing up in the northern suburbs of NYC, it seems like half of the people moving in to town were from The Bronx/Yonkers (I consider Yonkers to by NYC unofficial 6th borough).  First complaint - can't get a good slice of pizza at 2 am, followed by too much wildlife.  I didn't even know what a White Castle was until I was 18.

24 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Have you ever notice that Brooklyn and Queens is never acknowledged as being part of Long Island by either the people who live in those counties or the people living in Nassau or Suffolk.  

Good friend of mine lives in Forest Hills, Queens. I'm always teasing them about living in The City or Long Island.

They insist Queen is neither.  LOL

EDIT: With the exception of the capital city of Albany, 80% of upstate New York is solidly republican country too.

Every 10 years or so, someone floats the idea of splitting off and becoming the 51st state of North New York. It quickly dies when they realize the tax revenue that would be lost from NYC.

Edited by HBE4

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We have not been on Jones Beach since about 1985.We were last at a concert about 20 years ago.We had friends in the Hamptons and we would go out there .

Hot Dog beach in East Quogue  but that was back in the 70's

Edited by molly361

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Hot Dog beach in Southampton but that was back in the 70's

My wife’s step-brother lived in East Hampton .We went there in the late 80’s.We had friends in Hampton Bays (2 couples) .One lived there from 2015 to last year and the other from 2013 to 2018.

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Growing up in the northern suburbs of NYC, it seems like half of the people moving in to town were from The Bronx/Yonkers (I consider Yonkers to by NYC unofficial 6th borough).  First complaint - can't get a good slice of pizza at 2 am, followed by too much wildlife.  I didn't even know what a White Castle was until I was 18.

Good friend of mine lives in Forest Hills, Queens. I'm always teasing them about living in The City or Long Island.

They insist Queen is neither.  LOL

EDIT: With the exception of the capital city of Albany, 80% of upstate New York is solidly republican country too.

Every 10 years or so, someone floats the idea of splitting off and becoming the 51st state of North New York. It quickly dies when they realize the tax revenue that would be lost from NYC.

That's why Long Island isn't a state either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Buon Amici .My friend who I was posting about knows the owner very well.

Its probaly been 10 years since I last went there but all the meals have always been exceptional.  

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

Its probaly been 10 years since I last went there but all the meals have always been exceptional.  

They have been every time we have been there.The first time we were there my friend introduced my wife and I to the owner. Now every time we go there he hugs me like I am a family member.If we go for a very early dinner we sit at his table.

We have relatives living in Hartsdale and they go there too.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 6:50 AM, Cruise a holic said:

According to research at Columbia, had we closed the country one week earlier 36, 000 lives would have been saved.  Had we closed March 1, we would have saved 80,000 lives.  FYI  In addition, I watch all news channels to determine the facts.

You're getting your facts from the wrong places (TV).

Research and "what if" scenarios aren't facts. They are assumptions and most likely based on false modeling. Has anyone modeled the loss of jobs and businesses and how many more will need to go on assistance because of closing the country?

• Like 2